PDA

View Full Version : Roast in hell: Starbucks barista serves up coffee with satanic symbols in the foam to outraged Catholic woman on a Sunday

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2014, 10:56 AM
By James Nye - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/s62iemP.jpg

One stunned Starbucks customer in Louisiana was served up her morning joe with the mark of the devil written out in caramel syrup on Sunday.

While many of the coffee mega-chain's detractors who believe it to be the antithesis of authentic coffee may not be surprised, Baton Rouge teacher Megan Pinion was most definitely upset.

So annoyed was Pinion to be handed two drinks with a satanic pentagram and 666 etched atop on the Day of the Lord, that she took to Facebook to air her fury.

'I unfortunately can't give the young man’s name who served it, because I was so appalled that I could not bring myself to look at him,' Pinion wrote in her post according to the Louisiana Advertiser.

'I am in no way judging his beliefs or dis-meriting his beautiful artwork, I am however judging his lack of professionalism and respect for others.

'I am a teacher in the public school system and if I were to present a child of atheist or pagan believers with a Christian art project I could be sued in a heartbeat.

'I am of Catholic faith and would love to share in my beliefs daily. Fortunately I have enough common sense to present myself with professionalism and follow an ethics code.

'Perhaps that could be suggested to that particular location.'

The distasteful incident occurred at Starbucks in the Mall of Louisiana and the coffee giant's spokesman Tom Kuhn said that on behalf of the firm he is sorry.

'We reached out to her through social media and apologized. We’re taking the complaint seriously,' wrote Kuhn to the Advertiser.

'We’re not sure who served her or what kind of beverage it was. It looks kind of caramel-ish in the photos.'

Kuhn was asked if the incident would change Starbucks’ policy on foam art.

'I don’t know; I guess it could,' he replied.

'We have sincerely apologized for her experience. This obviously is not the type of experience we want to provide any of our customers, and is not representative of the customer service our partners provide to millions of customers every day.'

It is unknown if the man who etched the satanic art kept his job.