PDA

View Full Version : ND student reportedly breaks spa window with flower pot; eats Hot Pockets

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2014, 11:35 AM
WNDU-TV Channel 16

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A 19-year-old student was arrested Sunday morning after police say he used a flower pot to break into a South Bend business, and ate a variety of foods, including Hot Pockets and macaroni and cheese.

Brian McCurren was arrested for burglary, vandalism and minor consumption after he caused thousands of dollars worth of damage to Therapeutic Indulgence. McCurren, of Mainsville, Ohio, is reported to be a Notre Dame student.

Late Saturday evening or early Sunday morning, McCurren appears to have attempted to force entry into the day spa through three separate entrances, causing damage to them all.

Sara Ros Frazier, owner of Therapeutic Indulgence, tells NewsCenter 16 that the suspect finally gained access by throwing a flower pot through a stained glass window and crawling through the hole.

"Then he grabbed a hammer and pounded his way through a wall to get inside," Frazier said. "It's just so senseless."

Once inside, the evidence of vandalism includes broken lamps, mirrors, furniture and other day spa equipment. It appears the suspect also began spraying a fire extinguisher throughout the building.

"He just went straight into the kitchen and he went through half a box of Hot Pockets," she said. "Macaroni and cheese was warming up in an antique style oven and then passed out eating Drumsticks on a table where the police found him."

McCurren was discovered around 10 a.m. Sunday morning and led out of the house in handcuffs.

South Bend Police tell NewsCenter 16 that McCurren was still intoxicated in the morning, blowing a .106 in a standard breath test.

"What really burned me the most was he wasn't apologetic when he came down the stairs," Frazier said. "You would think, even if you were that out of it when you come down, you're coming down in cuffs... but he just had a smile on his face."

McCurren was released from the St. Joseph County Jail on Monday. The prosecutor's office has 48 hours to bring formal charges against the teen, which makes the deadline Tuesday morning.

FBD
04-03-2014, 11:52 AM
almost sounds personal

Hal-9000
04-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I got caught having sex with a Hot Pocket once...the police classified the crime as extremely personal :oops:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-03-2014, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i9GXbptog

Noilly Pratt
04-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Why are there hot pockets in a day spa? Shouldn't there be wheat germ and patchouli oil?

"You would think, even if you were that out of it when you come down, you're coming down in cuffs... but he just had a smile on his face."

Duh...hot pockets taste good.

I think he's a former client of the spa who drifted back to the dark side of Big Macs and super size fries and that this is MSG-rage. :)