PDA

View Full Version : Dem Rep.: ‘Members of Congress Are Underpaid,’ Can’t Afford to ‘Live Decently’

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
by Josh Feldman - Mediaite

http://i.imgur.com/oUtkeZH.jpg

Do you think members of Congress are overpaid or underpaid? Most likely you’d go with the former, but Democratic congressman Jim Moran argues it’s actually the latter. In an interview with CQ Roll Call, Moran says, “I think the American people should know that the members of Congress are underpaid.”

The House recently took up a bill to freeze members’ paychecks, placing another halt on the annual cost-of-living pay increases they would normally get and keeping annual salary at $174,000. Moran believes that this is the wrong way to go, not necessarily talking about himself in particular, but saying there are plenty of congressmembers who can’t live on that salary.

“I understand that it’s widely felt that they underperform, but the fact is that this is the board of directors for the largest economic entity in the world.”

The senior appropriator pointed out that some members have taken to living out of their offices to save money, while others have “small little apartment units” that make it impossible to spend the time they should with their families.

Well, if every member of Congress lived like they were college seniors, that might solve it. Just don’t hog the TV, man.

Muddy
04-04-2014, 02:19 PM
:lolwut:

Acid Trip
04-04-2014, 03:04 PM
“I understand that it’s widely felt that they underperform, but the fact is that this is the board of directors for the largest economic entity in the world.”

"Widely felt" my ass! 93-94% of the country disapproving of your performance is almost unanimous! Rarely do Americans agree on anything at that high a percentage.