PDA

View Full Version : Ketamine, LSD, Magic Mushrooms and Ecstasy: The Illegal Drugs Which Can be Good for You

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2014, 03:08 PM
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1372075/ketamine.jpg

Ketamine, the horse tranquilizer which is also a popular party drug, could be used to treat people who have been suffering from long term depression, according a study.

Researchers at Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Oxford said they noticed a "remarkable" change in people suffering treatment-resistant depression once they were given the drug, which has recently been upgraded to Class B.

The study, published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology, involved giving 28 patients either three or six intravenous infusions of 5mg/kg of ketamine, each lasting 40 minutes.

The study showed after the final infusion, eight had responded to the positively treatment, four of whom improved so much they were classed as being in remission from depression. Those who had shown improvements felt the benefits of the drug for between 25 days and eight months.

The scientists said with further trials in monitored situations, ketamine could one day be considered a valid treatment for severe depression.

"It's a controversial area but there's no doubt that it's got potential," said principal investigator Dr Rupert McShane.

The trial was the first ever conducted in the UK to examine the possible health benefits of ketamine. However, the banned substance is not the first drug which medical researchers have claimed can provide health benefits when properly prescribed.

Magic Mushrooms

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1372077/magic-mushrooms.jpg

Another drug which could help those suffering with depression is psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms.

Two separate studies in 2012 showed taking the drug suppresses areas of the brain that are also dampened by other anti-depressant treatments, and also help those with depression to vividly recall positive memories. Those who took the drug also recorded generally feeling happier in the days that followed.

"We're not saying go out there and eat magic mushrooms," said Prof David Nutt. " it's got to be telling us something about how the brain works. So we should be studying it and optimising it if there's a therapeutic benefit," Nutt added.

[B]
LSD

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/3/21/1300723647477/Drugs-LSD-007.jpg

In 2012, researchers at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim examined earlier experiments in the US and Canada in the 1960s which showed the drug could be used to treat alcoholism.

The research suggests that taking the drug could give alcoholics a fresh perspective on their drinking problem and take steps to quit.

"Given the evidence for a beneficial effect of LSD on alcoholism, it is puzzling why this treatment approach has been largely overlooked," wrote Dr Pål-Ørjan Johansen.

In March, the first controlled LSD study in more than 40 years also suggested the drug could be used to help people dying from terminal illness come to terms with death better.

The study showed those who took the drug experienced less anxiety about death during psychiatric talk sessions after taking 200 micrograms of LSD.

Ecstasy

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/402076/one-biggest-ecstasy-drug-hauls-has-been-seized-by-belgian-police-worth-1bn.jpg

Clinical uses of MDMA, a chemical used in ecstasy, have found it has the potential to be used as treatment for anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

In studies, the drug has been seen to help reduce the effect of painful memories in volunteers and help those who have suffered traumatic experiences revisit past negative memories without being overwhelmed.

Psychiatrist Dr Michael Mithoefer has conducted a series of tests of the use of MDMA in fighting PTSD. He wrote in 2008 that the drug can "remove some of the obstacles in therapy and act as a catalyst to the therapeutic process".

Researchers at Imperial College London in 2012 also found the drug decreases activity in the limbic system, an area of the brain involved in emotional responses.

Marijuana

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/434809/uruguay-set-legalise-cannabis.jpg?w=600&h=392&l=50&t=50

While the pain relief effects of marijuana are more or less accepted following the legalisation of medicinal marijuana in several places, there have also been tests to show it can be used to treat other illnesses.

Previous tests have shown the drug can be used to prevent PTSD, has the ability to destroy some cancer cells, as well as improving communication skills for people with Alzheimer's disease and slow down the progression of HIV.

Acid Trip
04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes please to everything but Ketamine.

FBD
04-04-2014, 03:57 PM
the couple times I took LSD it never fooled me. I'll stick with a little weed here and there, the rest of that shit I'm all set on.

redred
04-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Yes please to everything but Ketamine.

Can I have it then ?

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Nothing wrong with a little k. I have learned all I need from lsd. I'm good

Hal-9000
04-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I've done them all except Special K....

and I would NEVER give someone with mental problems LSD or mushrooms :lol: at least not the type I used to take...very strong drugs that cause very strong mental things

redred
04-04-2014, 08:25 PM
like any drug the thing i learnt about K is treat it with respect and it's fine ,sniff big ass lines and it's game over :lol:

Goofy
04-04-2014, 08:53 PM
If illegal drugs help with all these illnesses then redred must be immortal!! :shock:

Acid Trip
04-04-2014, 09:35 PM
like any drug the thing i learnt about K is treat it with respect and it's fine ,sniff big ass lines and it's game over :lol:

K never appealed to me. The effects aren't something I was looking for in a party drug.

MDMA and LSD though...whoa baby. Nothing like combining them and losing yourself for 6 to 8 hours.

redred
04-04-2014, 09:38 PM
You can also do that with K , I had some well watching a a led zep dvd , didn't know what was real or not great time

FBD
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
:hand: none of this crap compares to samhadi and the completely natural DMT drip ;)

RBP
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I am actually very excited about the katamine developments. Researchers started experimenting about 10 years or so ago, after multiple anecdotal reports of depression improvement. I do not see ketamine in its current form as the answer, but because it works on a different set of neurotransmitters than any current class of antidepressant, the potential is fantastic. There are two general problems with antidepressants, 1) they take around 2 weeks to become effective (if they become effective, but the trial and error takes a long time if changes are needed), and 2) there is nothing for immediate suicidality. If a patient goes to the ER actively suicidal, they are simply put in a safe place and monitor them until it subsides. They may use antianxiety or tranquilizing medications to calm the person down, but that generally does not impact the suicidality.

Enter ketamine. In 2011, Larkin & Beautrais did a study in an ER. They waited for patients to come in actively suicidal and administered ketamine by monitored IV. EVERY PATIENT showed significant reductions or elimination of suicidal ideation. The mean time to results was 4 hours.

I think it holds great promise.

Additional article: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/01/30/145992588/could-a-club-drug-offer-almost-immediaterelief-from-depression

Research article: Larkin, G. L., & Beautrais, A. L. (2011). A preliminary naturalistic study of low-dose ketamine for depression and suicide ideation in the emergency department. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. 14. 1127–1131. doi:10.1017/S1461145711000629
Link to download: http://rg.to/file/811666cb5432f99e6581f8da9173e08b/larkin_ketamine.pdf.html

Acid Trip
04-07-2014, 03:31 PM
:hand: none of this crap compares to samhadi and the completely natural DMT drip ;)

DMT is so lame! Shame on you for even mentioning it.

If you want a legit mental experience take Peyote on an Indian Reservation and meet your spirit animal.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-07-2014, 03:41 PM
:hand: DMT is a great short trip, and you dont even have to throw up

FBD
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Smoking is quick. Ingesting, long. Unless its brewed properly with the stuff that prevents your liver from deactivating it, a la ayahuasca, you cant ingest it and get blasted. Never tried that, though. I cant say for sure how much of the stuff I have naturally been able to generate, but some of the deepest meditations I've had, zowie. All naturale, but you have to put a lot of work in to get there and staying there/going even deeper over the course of life seems to get harder (if you have a lot of shit pissing you off especially.)

PorkChopSandwiches
04-07-2014, 04:14 PM
I have just smoked it, they guy we got it from said the same thing about being able to extend the trip by taking something else. 60 or so seconds was good for me.

FBD
04-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Far as I deciphered, if you dont have that stuff your liver produces enzymes that catalyze all of it, so you get nothing whatsoever. Camelina is one plant that can be added to the brew that occupies the liver enzymes, it'll give you a good 45 minutes, an hour or more. ten minutes aint enough time to go and learn what you need to back there :lol:

fk...that link to the place I could get seeds from dont have 'em anymore. shoulda bought some long ago when I had the chance.

ngredients:

20g M. hostilis
3g. P. harmala
RealLemon(tm) lemon juice

Take 2g of ground P. Harmala (no preparation needed) orally.
Grind 20g M. hostilis in coffee grinder to a fine, purplish powder.
Create mixture of 30-40% RealLemon(tm) and water. Stir in M. Hostilis and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
Filter purple liquid through colander or mesh strainer.
Add remaining plant matter to a new lemon juice & water mix and stir for another 15 minutes.
Take remaining 1g P. harmala.
Drain off liquid into cup (should fill it up about halfway) and drink quickly.
Wait 15-20 minutes. Retch.
Retch some more.
Try to regain your composure and balance after dry-heaving.
Lie back and listen to some didgeridoo music.
Begin to think you're dying, being devoured to the clean-picked bone by a school of rainbow piranhas, submerged in the hell-realms suffering brutal tortures and repeated dismemberment at the teeth and claws of the blood-dripping minions of Lord Yama and various ferocious Mezoamerican deities like Tezcatlipoca simultaneously.
Experience a complete and utter ontological meltdown at the face of imminent death. Recognize if the 'huasca kills you now you'll be caught in one of the hell-bardos for a minor eternity due to your accumulated bad karma. Keep repeating your name to remind yourself that you have a body. Shower repeatedly to wash away the overwhelming forces of evil fighting over your soul ã in between rounds of projectile diarrhea. Marvel at just how full of shit you are.
Panic, but try to remind yourself that time is your ally, even though each moment seems like an eternity of suffering. Remember that"this too shall pass." Believe this with the greatest skepticism.
Continue this way for several hours, wondering all along if you'll actually be able to come out of the hell-worlds intact.
Wake up the following morning, swearing off psychedelics for at least a very long while, still fearful of inadvertently re-invoking this terrifying state of consciousness.
Go to bed the following night and reexperience this realm of consciousness during the hypnagogic state and nearly die of fright that you'll wind up in an ontological cul-de-sac someplace, dribbling down your chin until your time is up.
Eat LOTS of red meat, drink alcohol, lots of Tamasic foods. Try to get grounded. The quotidian banality of three dimensions can be a sane human's best friend.
Finally, several weeks later, look back on the experience without feeling a lingering sense of terror.
Begin to regain some perspective. Consider trying 'la purga' again under the supervision of a very experienced shaman able to help those less experienced to finally conquer these treacherous realms (as must ultimately be done). One must go into the breach again to be fully cured.
Maintain a VERY HEALTHY respect for the Vine of the Soul, recognizing that it can kill, regardless of what they say about tryptamine neurotoxicity. The tryptamines won't kill you; the heart-stoppage from unmitigated terror can, though.

Muddy
04-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I like Propophol and that 3 seconds I can stay awake before I go under and they shove the 6 foot long scope in my ass. Good times.

Goofy
04-07-2014, 05:31 PM
I like Propophol and that 3 seconds I can stay awake before I go under and they shove the 6 foot long scope in my ass. Good times.

:lol:

FBD
04-07-2014, 05:38 PM

PorkChopSandwiches
04-07-2014, 07:10 PM
:dance:

Hal-9000
04-07-2014, 07:23 PM

count back from 100 and by the time you're at 98 the doc's face looks like a wolf and the nurse is smiling through her mask :lol:

Acid Trip
04-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Far as I deciphered, if you dont have that stuff your liver produces enzymes that catalyze all of it, so you get nothing whatsoever. Camelina is one plant that can be added to the brew that occupies the liver enzymes, it'll give you a good 45 minutes, an hour or more. ten minutes aint enough time to go and learn what you need to back there :lol:

fk...that link to the place I could get seeds from dont have 'em anymore. shoulda bought some long ago when I had the chance.

ngredients:

20g M. hostilis
3g. P. harmala
RealLemon(tm) lemon juice

Take 2g of ground P. Harmala (no preparation needed) orally.
Grind 20g M. hostilis in coffee grinder to a fine, purplish powder.
Create mixture of 30-40% RealLemon(tm) and water. Stir in M. Hostilis and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
Filter purple liquid through colander or mesh strainer.
Add remaining plant matter to a new lemon juice & water mix and stir for another 15 minutes.
Take remaining 1g P. harmala.
Drain off liquid into cup (should fill it up about halfway) and drink quickly.
Wait 15-20 minutes. Retch.
Retch some more.
Try to regain your composure and balance after dry-heaving.
Lie back and listen to some didgeridoo music.
Begin to think you're dying, being devoured to the clean-picked bone by a school of rainbow piranhas, submerged in the hell-realms suffering brutal tortures and repeated dismemberment at the teeth and claws of the blood-dripping minions of Lord Yama and various ferocious Mezoamerican deities like Tezcatlipoca simultaneously.
Experience a complete and utter ontological meltdown at the face of imminent death. Recognize if the 'huasca kills you now you'll be caught in one of the hell-bardos for a minor eternity due to your accumulated bad karma. Keep repeating your name to remind yourself that you have a body. Shower repeatedly to wash away the overwhelming forces of evil fighting over your soul ã in between rounds of projectile diarrhea. Marvel at just how full of shit you are.
Panic, but try to remind yourself that time is your ally, even though each moment seems like an eternity of suffering. Remember that"this too shall pass." Believe this with the greatest skepticism.
Continue this way for several hours, wondering all along if you'll actually be able to come out of the hell-worlds intact.
Wake up the following morning, swearing off psychedelics for at least a very long while, still fearful of inadvertently re-invoking this terrifying state of consciousness.
Go to bed the following night and reexperience this realm of consciousness during the hypnagogic state and nearly die of fright that you'll wind up in an ontological cul-de-sac someplace, dribbling down your chin until your time is up.
Eat LOTS of red meat, drink alcohol, lots of Tamasic foods. Try to get grounded. The quotidian banality of three dimensions can be a sane human's best friend.
Finally, several weeks later, look back on the experience without feeling a lingering sense of terror.
Begin to regain some perspective. Consider trying 'la purga' again under the supervision of a very experienced shaman able to help those less experienced to finally conquer these treacherous realms (as must ultimately be done). One must go into the breach again to be fully cured.
Maintain a VERY HEALTHY respect for the Vine of the Soul, recognizing that it can kill, regardless of what they say about tryptamine neurotoxicity. The tryptamines won't kill you; the heart-stoppage from unmitigated terror can, though.

I'll stick to LSD + MDMA or Peyote given by an actual Shaman. I took some milk thistle before I went to the reservation didn't puke as a result.

My spirit guide is a white/grey wolf btw. The friend who went with me had a buffalo as his.