PDA

View Full Version : Angry Students Fed Up With Michelle Obama's Public Lunch Program

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

Over the past few months, first lady Michelle Obama has helped roll out a new public lunch program aimed at providing healthy, nutritious lunches to all kids in school, regardless of their financial status. The program seemed to be a positive step in the right direction, as obesity rates in young people have increased drastically in recent years, but tweets from students directly affected by the program show that it may not be going as well as Obama had hoped.

The Blaze first reported on the recent increase in rants on Twitter from students who received food as part of the White House’s public lunch program. All of the students appear to be less than pleased with the food they’ve been given for lunch, and they all seem to blame it on the first lady.

http://i.imgur.com/ZymxhvR.jpg

“I’ll never forgive Michelle Obama for this school lunch,” tweeted user Anthony Gallimore.

Another student tweeted a picture of what appears to be a hot dog bun filled with tomato sauce and cheese alongside three cherry tomatoes and a carton of milk with the caption, “You call this f------ ‘lunch’? @BarackObama @MichelleObama.”

http://i.imgur.com/f6nCuXS.jpg

More students were just as quick to post pictures of their lackluster lunches and lay all of the blame on Michelle Obama. Just last week, reports claimed that more than 1 million students had turned down the public lunch program because they felt the food was subpar. Still, she said from the beginning that they were working on making sure the healthy food still tasted good.

"Because of this act ... 32 million children get more of the nutrition they need to learn and grow and be successful and I do hope it's delicious — we're working on that, yes, indeed," said Obama in a statement last year.

Clearly, many students are not happy with Michelle Obama’s new public lunch program, and it will be interesting to see how long it can last the way it’s going now.

Goofy
04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Burgers and hot dog buns filled with cheese are meant to be healthy? :-s

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Did they buy this junk or was it given to them for free?

FBD
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
look at how big and strong wookie grow, they not know how to eat? :-k

Acid Trip
04-08-2014, 01:26 PM
These kids must be racist.

lost in melb.
04-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Ungrateful shits ;)

perrhaps
04-08-2014, 03:34 PM
If they can afford to tweet, they can afford to buy their own food.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
bring a lunch