View Full Version : Parents plead guilty to breaking baby's legs

Foxdana
05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
A Tasmanian man has defended injuries inflicted on his newborn son by claiming the infant kicked him "in the nuts" while he was changing his nappy.

Kenneth William Blake, 23, broke both the baby's legs, but neither he and nor the baby's mother, Khristy Maree Fisher, 21, sought medical attention because they "thought it was just a fracture", The Examiner Newspaper reported.

The couple pleaded guilty to ill-treating a child at the Supreme Court in Launceston yesterday.

Crown prosecutor Kate Brown told the court Blake broke both the baby's legs as well as three of his ribs and caused bleeding to his eye during incidents between February and March 2009.

The child was six weeks old when he was removed from their care.

His injuries were discovered when a child health nurse made a scheduled visit to the couple's home.

Blake later told police the injuries were inflicted accidentally and did not seem serious enough to warrant medical attention.

The judge rejected the story Blake was kicked, and said it was not possible for a six-week-old baby to kick anyone with enough force to hurt them.

The couple were remanded in custody to reappear for sentencing on August 19.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8248420/parents-plead-guilty-to-breaking-babys-legs

redred
05-12-2011, 10:39 AM
sick people

AntZ
05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
This just goes to show the lack of humanity that exists and seems to be getting worse around the world with respect to children. This story could be from any of the developed countries, and just keeps repeating itself. :(

Muddy
05-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow.. man.. I dont even like reading titles like this...

MrsM
05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Some people shouldn't breed

FBD
05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
there's no friggin way a 6 month old is going to be able to kick you in the nuts, much less hard enough for it to hurt.

*breaks this fcukers legs*

PorkChopSandwiches
05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
This shit infuriates me

Arkady Renko
05-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Awful, simply awful. I just hope the kid's legs won't suffer any long term damage from the delayed treatment. As for the parents, they should be questioned by the DCFS to find out if they could benefit from counseling or if the kid isn't safe with them even if they get help.

Acid Trip
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Awful, simply awful. I just hope the kid's legs won't suffer any long term damage from the delayed treatment. As for the parents, they should be questioned by the DCFS to find out if they could benefit from counseling or if the kid isn't safe with them even if they get help.

What he said. If the bones had begin to set they may have to re-break the babies legs so they can be set in the proper alignment. If they broke the leg at the growth plate that just makes it worse.

Hal-9000
05-13-2011, 01:03 AM
take the kid away, not even a question in my mind

why didn't you seek medical help?

oh, we thought it was just a fracture...

Even their attempt at rationalizing the act is a danger to the child

deebakes
05-13-2011, 01:14 AM
give these two the chair dammit...