PDA

View Full Version : High School Student Threatened By School Officials And Charged With Crime After Recording Evidence Of Classmates Bullying Him

Teh One Who Knocks
04-11-2014, 11:20 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/FdTxgfL.jpg

A Pennsylvania high school sophomore took a recording device to school so that he could capture audio of some fellow students bullying him, but when he brought it to school officials, instead of questioning the alleged bullies, administrators reportedly tried to get the student charged with felony wiretapping. Just last month, the student was found guilty of disorderly conduct.

According to BenSwann.com, the boy and his mother, Shea Love, testified that the boy had been shoved, mocked, and almost burned with a cigarette lighter on numerous occasions. The student tried to explain why he recorded the incident in the first place.

“I wanted her [his mother] to understand what I went through,” said the boy. “Like, it wasn’t like I was over exaggerating it. I wasn’t lying. It was really happening. I was really having things like books slammed upside my head. I wanted it to stop. I just felt like nothing was being done.”

The student and his mother claim that when they brought the recording to school officials, it was destroyed, and Principal Scott Milburn called in a police officer to proceed with charging the student with felony wiretapping.

Despite what seemed to be a valid reason for recording the bullying, a judge still found the sophomore guilty of disorderly conduct.

“Normally, if there is — I certainly have a big problem with any kind of bullying at school,” said District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet during the hearing. “But normally, you know, I would expect a parent would let the school know about it, because it’s not tolerated. I know that, and that you guys [school administrators] would handle that, you know. To go to this extreme, you know, it was the only alternative or something like that, but you weren’t made aware of that and that was kind of what I was curious about. Because it’s not tolerated, but you need to go through — let the school handle it. And I know from experience with South Fayette School that, you know, it always is. And if there is a problem and it continues, then it is usually brought in front of me.”

According to reports, none of the bullies were reprimanded for their actions, despite evidence proving that they were harassing the student, and those kids still remain enrolled at the school.

“I refuse to be threatened,” said Love, the boy’s mother. “I just want my son to have a chance to bloom and not fall so far behind in a totally disruptive environment.”

Love says they plan to appeal the conviction.

DemonGeminiX
04-11-2014, 12:25 PM
:-s

Wiretapping?! Are they fucking insane?

Acid Trip
04-11-2014, 01:02 PM
“Normally, if there is — I certainly have a big problem with any kind of bullying at school,” said District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet during the hearing. “But normally, you know, I would expect a parent would let the school know about it, because it’s not tolerated. I know that, and that you guys [school administrators] would handle that, you know. To go to this extreme, you know, it was the only alternative or something like that, but you weren’t made aware of that and that was kind of what I was curious about. Because it’s not tolerated, but you need to go through — let the school handle it. And I know from experience with South Fayette School that, you know, it always is. And if there is a problem and it continues, then it is usually brought in front of me.”

Well, you know, the judge is obviously a fucking idiot.

perrhaps
04-11-2014, 03:07 PM

District Judges in PA only have to attend and complete a training course that is basically the equivalent of "Law For Dummies".

Hal-9000
04-11-2014, 03:38 PM
I like the old days....I watched this happen:

my friend was getting verbally abused and at times pushed around by a phys ed teacher....one day the teacher takes a clipboard and bashes across my friend's head...

friend complains to Dad (who was a mean man...) and Dad takes us to school the next day. We all go to the principle's office and Dad demands to see the teacher. Teacher walks in, Dad asks him - Did you hit my son? Teacher makes a shitty sarcastic comment about son being a pansy...Dad puts him up against the wall with a forearm armbar to the throat and threatens him in a quiet voice, then gives him a little slap across the head and walks out of the principle's office.

:lol: we all died on the spot and were like - how cool was that??? :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-11-2014, 03:40 PM

That is one om my biggest pet peeves, someone saying useless shit like that all the time...and this is from a judge no less :shakehead:

Hal-9000
04-11-2014, 05:32 PM
my friend's Dad in the story above was named Jack...he had a glass eye, was bald and had a big red beard...he was a big guy and had a brutal temper...just mean looking...

so we called him One Eyed Jack :dance: ...I actually made him laugh one day telling him he can't golf worth shit because of his drinking problem :lol:

dammit I was a smart ass even in the early years

FBD
04-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I wouldnt have been able to hold my tongue with this bitch.

So what you are really saying is, that when all of these other 'proper' mechanisms for handling things like this fails, you dont get empirical evidence, you...keep going back to the failed mechanism that produced zero results?? Shit like this is why I used to pop kids back in middle school and grade school. When the 'proper authority' doesnt want to hear it, you have no choice but to start takin it straight to their teeth.

Hal-9000
04-11-2014, 06:48 PM
this is one example of how I like the current world around us....people can record anything...

if you're being violated and no one is paying attention to the claim, sometimes video/picture evidence is necessary

I can't believe the admin in this story is trying to squash the evidence, just makes them look worse :hitler: