PDA

View Full Version : County Renames Easter Bunny as ‘Spring Bunny’ in Parks’ Egg Hunt Promotion

Teh One Who Knocks
04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
by Ken Stone - The Times of San Diego

http://i.imgur.com/LZQZgKv.jpg

San Diego County parks have set four Easter egg hunts, but are keeping the affairs secular by renaming the featured hopper the “Spring Bunny.”

Events over the next two weeks will feature different activities at each location. Some feature face painting and others pancake breakfasts.

“But the constants at all of them will be a chance to meet the Spring Bunny and lots of eggs – thousands of them!” says the county, whose news release doesn’t use the word Easter.

Last year’s release also avoided any religious references.

“Spring has sprung and all our parks are bursting with color,” says County Parks Director Brian Albright. “Don’t miss out on this opportunity for a fun family outing.”

A county spokeswoman said Spring Bunny is not a new term locally.

Why Spring Bunny?

“Sign of the times,” said Michael Workman, county communications director. “It’s the prudent course of action. Our goal has always been to include all in the communities we serve.”

Griffin
04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
These people need a big ole politically correct dose of "SIT DOWN, SHUT UP and QUIT RUINING MY LIFE!

...have a nice day

Hal-9000
04-11-2014, 11:01 PM
it will get to the point where parents will sit their kids down and tell them stories about the olden days when there were things like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving and the kids will look up with blank, puzzled stares in their eyes

:(

Pony
04-11-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm just wondering when we will start being "politically correct" with others religions?

Muddy
04-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Oh lord... Sigh.

deebakes
04-12-2014, 02:25 PM
:facepalm:

Hugh_Janus
04-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Oh lord... Sigh.

mods.... can you edit this post.... I'm offended

:lwank::alien:

perrhaps
04-14-2014, 05:35 PM
So, is the movie "Rapa Nui" about those statues on Spring Island?

Hal-9000
04-14-2014, 10:33 PM
I just told two brown coworkers they have to come in to work this Friday because they're non Christians ( Good Friday is a stat holiday for us )

One guy is Muslim, the other guy is Hindu....they got kinda upset..

I told them about this story and how since the Brown Tsunami hit our shores that we can't have Easter anymore :x

Old guy says - Just don't hide guys on crucifixes made of chocolate and he's ok with Easter :lol: :lol:

Pony
04-14-2014, 11:05 PM
mods.... can you edit this post.... I'm offended

:lwank::alien:

Done

Hugh_Janus
04-15-2014, 06:19 PM
cock :lol: