PDA

View Full Version : Father admits to smoking pot with young children

Teh One Who Knocks
04-14-2014, 11:36 AM
by Christina O'Haver - The Arizona Republic

http://i.imgur.com/SWXW1Zf.jpg

PAULDEN, Ariz. -- Three people were arrested Saturday after a Paulden home was searched as part of a Child Protective Services investigation, according to the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's detectives served a search warrant on the home near Highway 89 and Big Chino Road to investigate safety concerns and allegations of child abuse involving four children -- ages 5, 7, 9 and 13.

Detectives arrested 32-year-old Aaron Foster, 33-year-old Elizabeth Lawson and 21-year-old Jacob Owens.

The sheriff's office said Lawson and Foster are the children's mother and stepfather and Owens was visiting at the time the warrant was served.

Detectives reportedly found several marijuana and methamphetamine pipes in the bedroom where the entire family slept, and the home was filled with trash and had dog feces on the floor.

The sheriff's office said Foster admitted to having a meth addiction and providing marijuana to his 13-year-old stepdaughter and smoking it with her. He also allegedly smoked marijuana with the 7-year-old and 9-year-old children.

Lawson reportedly told detectives she had given the teen alcohol in the past and was aware her children were smoking marijuana with Foster.

CPS took custody of all four children.

The sheriff's office said detectives confirmed that Foster owns a 9mm handgun, which is prohibited due to a prior felony conviction. The gun was not located during the search but several rounds of ammunition were seized.

He was charged with multiple counts of involving a minor in a drug offense, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, misconduct involving weapons, and failing to comply with sex offender registration requirements.

Lawson's charges include involving a minor in a drug offense and two counts of child abuse.

Owens was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

All three people were booked into Camp Verde Detention Center.

Foster and Lawson remained in custody Thursday on $50,000 and $7,500 bond, respectively. Owens was released.

The sheriff's office said the investigation is ongoing and additional charges are possible.

deebakes
04-15-2014, 02:16 AM
winners right there :|

PorkChopSandwiches
04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Cant even move to AZ

Hal-9000
04-15-2014, 04:31 PM
my Dad didn't roll one up for me until I was 10 :hand: