PDA

View Full Version : Reading, writing and sexual trysts: More than 100 New York City school teachers and employees engaged in 'inappropriate' relationships with students over last five years

Teh One Who Knocks
04-14-2014, 11:51 AM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/DkLEfbe.jpg
Teacher Julie Warning was caught on camera kissing another student on a park bench in 2012

Over the last five years, more than 100 New York City schoool employees, including teachers, have engaged in racy extracurricular activities — sexual or 'inappropriate' relationships with students — over the last five years.

The shocking statistics comes from Richard Condon, the special commissioner of investigation for the New York City Department of Education, who has looked into more than 593 complaints about illicit teacher-student relationships, the New York Post reported. Of that number, 104 cases were confirmed as relationships of either a sexual or otherwise inappropriate nature.

'I’m absolutely stunned at that number,' Laura Timoney, a Community Education Council member whose 15-year-old daughter attends a city high school on Staten Island, told the newspaper. 'It’s shocking, but what do you do to stop this?'

Even more troubling, the more than 100 trysts are only a small part of the sexual misconduct complaints Condon's office received.

For example, in 2013 alone, his office received 566 complaints against Department of Education employees involving a 'sexual component,' which includes groping, molestation and assault. It opened 233 investigations and substantiated 24 percent, or 58, Condon reports.

Social media and smartphones may have fueled the epidemic of hookups, according to experts, with teachers and students able to chat without parents or colleagues knowing about it.

'If a kid texts a teacher at 9 or 10 p.m. asking about homework, the reply goes straight to the child’s bedroom,' said Frederick Lane, author of the book 'Cybertraps for the Young.'

'These one-on-one conversations can turn personal, creating a quicker sense of intimacy,' Lane added. 'The electronics make it easier for a predator to gain the trust of a child and then exploit that trust.'

In 2011, Felicia Barahon, a teacher at DeWitt Clinton High School in the Bronx, became pregnant. The father was a student.

Terri Miller, president of Stop Educator Sexual Abuse Misconduct and Exploitation, or S.E.S.A.M.E., said teachers can seduce students by making them feel special and cared-for.

http://i.imgur.com/RECPbaq.jpg
Charles oross, a teacher in Queens, had sex with a 13-year-old student in 2011

http://i.imgur.com/ca3mnBz.jpg
Brooklyn teacher Erin Sayar poses for a mugshot after being arrested and charged with rape, for having sex with
an underage student

'These aren’t relationships. It’s sexual predation.' she said.

Students from Manhattan Theatre Lab HS on the Upper West Side spotted their teacher, Julie Warning, hugging and kissing another student on a park bench in 2012. The students asked passers-by to take photos of the pair and caught Warning with her legs over the 18-year-old. An investigation found the pair had exchanged more than 1,400 texts, and as a result, Warning was given a pink slip.

Charles Oross, a teacher at Intermediate School 238 in Queens, was found guilty of having sex with a 13-year-old girl at the school in 2011. He served six months in jail and 10 years probation as part of a plea deal. He said that he drove her to secluded spots for sex. He was charged with second-degree rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child. His teaching license was revoked.

Erin Sayar, a teacher at James Madison High School in Brooklyn, had sex with a 16-year-old student in 2011. She was jailed for rape and placed on probation for 10 years. She had sex multiple times with a 16-year-old football player in 2011. She also admitted giving the student marijuana before their escapade. The student's family has filed a $10 million lawsuit against the Department of Education.

Goofy
04-14-2014, 12:09 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/DkLEfbe.jpg
Teacher Julie Warning was caught on camera kissing another student on a park bench in 2012

:wank:

deebakes
04-15-2014, 02:12 AM
no shit :lol:

Hal-9000
04-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Social media and smartphones may have fueled the epidemic of hookups, according to experts, with teachers and students able to chat without parents or colleagues knowing about it.

I told you :dance:

FBD
04-15-2014, 04:45 PM
epidemic :lol: yeah, because people didnt hook up before..

deebakes
04-16-2014, 01:55 AM
i never believed the people in my class that claimed to have had sex with the teacher. i guess they probably did it after all :shrug: