PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Fired for Orchestrating Attack on Seventh Grade Student

Teh One Who Knocks
04-15-2014, 11:05 AM
By Lina Batarags - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Xm9eA14.jpg

After Florida teacher Dru Dehart got into an argument with seventh-grade student Radravious Williams, Dehart allegedly ordered a pack of older teens to attack Williams.

Dehart, who claims that Williams threatened her, is a veteran teacher at Northport K-8 School in Port St. Lucie.

Security camera footage from inside the school shows Dehart pointing to Williams and walking away. Mere moments later, a group of boys surrounds the teen and assaults him.

As the boys beat him up, Williams falls to the floor. The attack left him injured and traumatized.

Dehart was suspended without pay last fall.

On Thursday, after half an hour’s deliberation, the county’s school board came to the unanimous decision to fire Dehart.

David Miklas, a school district representative, said that Dehart “made a very poor decision that day” in using “students to carry out discipline.”

Latasha Darrisaw, the victim’s mother, said that her son has been dealing with trust issues since the attack.

“It’s been rough, it’s been real rough,” Darrisaw said. “And we as a family have been dealing with it.”

Darrisaw added that Dehart never apologized to the family for the attack. The family plans to file a federal civil lawsuit against the teacher.

“As a person and as a parent you would like some kind of apology,” Darrisaw said. “But I guess we’ll get that whenever she’s ready.”

Goofy
04-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I see nothing wrong here :lol:

FBD
04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
was easier back in the days teachers had the ability to throw erasers at you :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Don't want your ass kicked? Then don't argue with people.

[-(

Hugh_Janus
04-15-2014, 06:21 PM
no u :hand: