PDA

View Full Version : You're Fired!

Acid Trip
04-16-2014, 03:24 PM
My IT guys were troubleshooting a large copier/scanner so they asked a VP to please use a different printer until they had time to find the right driver and get it installed.

The VP lost it, started cussing and bitching at my guys like her entire life had been flipped upside down by this request. So what was so bad? The VP has to walk 15 ft extra to get her printouts.

I took the phone from my IT guy, waited until the fourth cuss word came out, then promptly told her who she was talking to, that she was fired for talking down to and cussing at my employees, and that I would be at her office in 30 minutes to get her keys.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some keys to go get.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2014, 03:31 PM
...then promptly told her who she was talking to...

You're Donald Trump? :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/yL7ICsQ.jpg

Hal-9000
04-16-2014, 03:52 PM
My IT guys were troubleshooting a large copier/scanner so they asked a VP to please use a different printer until they had time to find the right driver and get it installed.

The VP lost it, started cussing and bitching at my guys like her entire life had been flipped upside down by this request. So what was so bad? The VP has to walk 15 ft extra to get her printouts.

I took the phone from my IT guy, waited until the fourth cuss word came out, then promptly told her who she was talking to, that she was fired for talking down to and cussing at my employees, and that I would be at her office in 30 minutes to get her keys.

well done :woot:

I worked with a supervisor like that, screamed at and belittled people daily over very minor things. I couldn't fire him, but I let him have it in front of about 10 other employees, most of them management level...peers to him. A couple gave the shocked look after my loud monologue, others actually giggled and one guy patted me on the back after the dust settled saying it was about time that someone stood up to that blowhard :lol:

Pony
04-16-2014, 04:08 PM

I'd pay to have seen her face.

If she's like that on the phone with IT I'd bet she's a bully to her employees as well.

FBD
04-16-2014, 04:08 PM
:handshake: you da man at. cant stand bitches that abuse power to piss on others.

Muddy
04-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Are you the branch manager there?

PorkChopSandwiches
04-16-2014, 04:48 PM
This is why you cant put women in power positions

redred
04-16-2014, 04:53 PM
nice work:lol:

Acid Trip
04-16-2014, 05:05 PM
:handshake: you da man at. cant stand bitches that abuse power to piss on others.

She had been warned before about her attitude towards other employees in the last 6 months. No third chance on shit like this.

Are you the branch manager there?

I'm the Senior Vice President of Operations. The hierarchy goes CEO, CFO, Executive VP, then me.

Basically I'm in charge of all facilities/maintenance/contractors, the IT department, and the deposit operations group.

Muddy
04-16-2014, 05:42 PM
So she was just one click below on the hierarchy correct? Did that irritate her direct manager?

Goofy
04-16-2014, 07:56 PM
So she was just one click below on the hierarchy correct? Did that irritate her direct manager?

Sounds like AT is her direct manager ;) ......... or "was" should i say :lol: Good stuff AT, no one deserves to be treated like scum* :thumbsup:

*except maybe Hal :thumbsup:

8-[

Acid Trip
04-16-2014, 08:14 PM

Her boss reports directly to me. If he's mad he sure as hell won't say anything.

I also recorded the call so if she applies for unemployment she won't get it.

Hal-9000
04-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Her boss reports directly to me. If he's mad he sure as hell won't say anything.

I also recorded the call so if she applies for unemployment she won't get it.

my sister fired a chick for performance issues....chick tried to sue my sister for wrongful dismissal...at a pretrial meeting with the chick's lawyer, my sis and 3 other managers provided proof in the form of reports, phone calls and past indiscretions the chick committed. Apparently the lawyer walked up, said he wouldn't represent her and she's on her own :lol:

the girl tried to say my sister fired her for discrimination because she was gay....my sister had two gay chicks living with her at the time in her home :lol:

and...

same girl drove home drunk one night, hit a parked vehicle and left the scene. Cops showed up at her place in an SUV 2 hours later, she denied hitting a vehicle and they produced the front bumper of her car, complete with her license plate on it...she had hit a cop car :rofl: I shite you not...

Muddy
04-16-2014, 08:30 PM
I dont understand you guys hierarchy.. If she is a VP.. And you are senior VP.. How does her boss report to you? What is his title, or is everyone there a VP?

FBD
04-16-2014, 09:07 PM
hierarchies are generally whatever that particular business feels like setting up. at my company there's a million VPs

deebakes
04-17-2014, 01:43 AM
:shock:

i wouldn't expect such a response from a stoner :shrug:

:mrgreen:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-17-2014, 02:03 AM
I dont understand you guys hierarchy.. If she is a VP.. And you are senior VP.. How does her boss report to you? What is his title, or is everyone there a VP?

Every jackass in finance is a VP

RBP
04-17-2014, 03:48 AM
I understand and respect your decision to terminate her.

However...

I always insisted that terminations be done after the fact, in writing, in person, unemotionally, and professionally. On the spot and over the phone generally sounds emotional, rash, and tactless. Responding in kind does not make you the better man.

No offense intended, I mean that in a general sense. I can't comment on the particulars of your situation.

Lambchop
04-17-2014, 04:37 AM
Not to offend anyone but I don't think I could ever work under another person. My father instilled this in me from a young age. He started as a broker in the city but went on to establish his own company and so I saw him rule with absolute power when I was a kid.

When I was 15 I helped him to sell land in Greece and he put £15,000 into my bank account (a fraction of his comission).

Last year we tried to purchase the Empire State Building for a client in the UAE for $2.1b but the idiot responsible for the sale (Anthony Malkin) tried to jerk us around. First he would only accept offers via fax and was interested initially. Then he refused to meet (we offered to fly out to him).

Got to love people who talk a good talk but when it comes down to business they stall.

Anyway, in short: I'm spoiled and would never allow another to discipline me. I discipline you, bitch. :spank: