PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith's Super-Sized Trailer Upsets Residents

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
By Alla Byrne - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/qx9ZX.jpg

Will Smith is bringing "The Heat" to the streets of New York City.

The actor has set up a gigantic double-decker trailer, appropriately nicknamed "The Heat," in SoHo, where he's currently filming Men in Black III – much to the dismay of locals, according to the New York Post.

Many neighborhood residents and shopkeepers are outraged by the enormous vehicle and have complained to city officials, who say despite its size, the trailer does not violate any regulations. Late Wednesday, a rep for Sony Pictures Entertainment, the studio producing the film, told PEOPLE, "the trailer has been relocated to private property."

At 1,150 square feet, the specifically designed ride is bigger than most cramped NYC apartments and rents for $9,000 a week.

While the star is renting a five-bedroom, 6.5-bathroom apartment for $25,000 a month less than a mile away, he wanted to have all the comforts of the home on set with him.

http://i.imgur.com/hk8BT.jpg

That includes a lounge with a bar, a movie room with a 100-inch screen, marble floors throughout, a full-service kitchen, a large bedroom and all-granite bathroom. The trailer, which measures about 53 feet long and weighs around 30 tons, also has a meeting space big enough for 30 people and offices for Smith's assistants and writing staff.

Of course Smith has to stay in shape as well, so he has an additional 55-foot trailer featuring a full-size gym.

"We appreciate the opportunity to film in New York, which has been the home of all three Men In Black productions. This trailer has been used many times in this city by different studios on various movies over the years, and while its use has never been an issue before, we regret any inconvenience it may have caused," the Sony rep said. "Film production like ours creates hundreds of jobs and funnels millions of dollars into local businesses and we appreciate the continued support we have received from the community."

Muddy
05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I saw this.. This guys living large.. These stars are really over paid...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
No kidding....that trailer has more square feet than my apartment :|

Muddy
05-12-2011, 12:41 PM
That POS cost like 2 million dollars...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I like Will Smith and all and I am far from being a bleeding heart tree hugger type, but when you are renting a 5 bedroom $25,000/month apartment AND you have that big-ass trailer just to be 'comfortable' while you film a movie while there are starving and unemployed people here in this country, you have to step back for a minute and do a reality check.

I'm all for capitalism, but man, this is way overboard. And rich people wonder why poor people hate them so much.

Muddy
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm all for capitalism, but man, this is way overboard. And rich people wonder why poor people hate them so much.

Exactly... Show a little fucking humility at least...