PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich

Muddy
05-12-2011, 01:56 PM
No way Im voting for this guy.. He dumped a terminally ill wife in the hospital, dumped another wife diagnosed with MS, and got caught with his dick in an intern and now he's trying to run the reformed Christian bullshit horse and Pony show??? This guys a fuckin scheister... If you're running on the 'god ticket' you can not count on my vote... All he's doing is pandering to the 50-60% religious sect. in this country... No way Sara.. I hope some better candidates come down the pike.. Because if they dont.. GO OBAMA in 2012!!!

Rant over.. sorry. (I think it's a morning thing for me) :oops:

RBP
05-12-2011, 01:58 PM
:-s

don't you have work to do before you get canned?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds like someone needs a hug :-k

Muddy
05-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Im so wired sometimes... Really im not angry or anything.. just blurting out some thoughts..

RBP
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Im so wired sometimes... Really im not angry or anything.. just blurting out some thoughts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T283d84kz-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
To be quite honest, for me, I could care less about anyone's personal life (unless it was something criminal of course, but if they had that kinda background, they wouldn't be running for President). I don't care if the guy (or girl) is an asshole in their personal life, all I care about is if they can run the country and do a good job of it.

That's why I didn't care about the witch hunt when they went after Clinton on the whole Lewinsky thing because I thought it was just stupid. Are politicians hypocritical? Absolutely, and the ones that usually bang the drum the loudest for their particular cause are the biggest hypocrites of all. But I could care less about that...I hate social issues being made a part of any election.

If someone wants to run for President that left his dying wife to go live with a stripper in the past, good for him, that's on him, not me. He's the one that has to live with himself. So long as he can run this country and do it the right way, that's all that matters to me. :)

[/rant]

:lol:

See what you made me go and do? :x

Muddy
05-12-2011, 02:13 PM
To be quite honest, for me, I could care less about anyone's personal life (unless it was something criminal of course, but if they had that kinda background, they wouldn't be running for President). I don't care if the guy (or girl) is an asshole in their personal life, all I care about is if they can run the country and do a good job of it.

That's why I didn't care about the witch hunt when they went after Clinton on the whole Lewinsky thing because I thought it was just stupid. Are politicians hypocritical? Absolutely, and the ones that usually bang the drum the loudest for their particular cause are the biggest hypocrites of all. But I could care less about that...I hate social issues being made a part of any election.

If someone wants to run for President that left his dying wife to go live with a stripper in the past, good for him, that's on him, not me. He's the one that has to live with himself. So long as he can run this country and do it the right way, that's all that matters to me. :)

[/rant]

See what you made me go and do? :x

I dont care one bit about personal life either... It's the whole run to the bible, and hiding behind it that irritates me... This guy's tagline is like Bringing America back in to gods values or some dumb shit like that... Doesnt sound like a solid footing for rebuilding America to me?... If he just took his lumps and didnt jump on the Christ express after he had all his fun I would given him the pass.. But he's not.. He's walking around like Jimmy Swaggart now preaching at people...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I dont care one bit about personal life either... It's the whole run to the bible, and hiding behind it that irritates me... This guy's tagline is like Bringing America back in to gods values or some dumb shit like that... Doesnt sound like a solid footing for rebuilding America to me?... If he just took his lumps and didnt jump on the Christ express after he had all his fun I would given him the pass.. But he's not.. He's walking around like Jimmy Swaggart now preaching at people...

It's because the only way to win the republican nomination is to cater to the right-wing religious whack jobs. Just like the only way to win the democratic nomination is to cater to the left-wing commies. It's a huge flaw in the election process where 2 small groups of people basically dictate who we get to vote for during the presidential election.

Muddy
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
It's because the only way to win the republican nomination is to cater to the right-wing religious whack jobs. Just like the only way to win the democratic nomination is to cater to the left-wing commies. It's a huge flaw in the election process where 2 small groups of people basically dictate who we get to vote for during the presidential election.

It's such a turn off... From one extreme to the next.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I agree, I hate it....that's why we usually have such horrible choices to choose from when we go vote for president :wha:

Arkady Renko
05-12-2011, 03:52 PM
point is, he's a hypocrite of the worst kind, for someone who constanly goes on about other people's moral choices that's inacceptable. i want my leaders to possess and live with at least a minimal amount of personal integrity, otherwise I can't have any trust in the honesty and wisdom of their policy choices.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
But the problem is, is we waited for a politician with morals to come along, we wouldn't have anyone to vote for....ever ;)

Arkady Renko
05-12-2011, 04:12 PM
mind you, I don't require a saint, but dammit, most of these folks are just incredible...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey, no argument from me there...that's why election day in the US is just deciding between the lesser of two evils.

Pony
05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
No way Im voting for this guy.. He dumped a terminally ill wife in the hospital, dumped another wife diagnosed with MS, and got caught with his dick in an intern and now he's trying to run the reformed Christian bullshit horse and Pony show??? This guys a fuckin scheister... If you're running on the 'god ticket' you can not count on my vote... All he's doing is pandering to the 50-60% religious sect. in this country... No way Sara.. I hope some better candidates come down the pike.. Because if they dont.. GO OBAMA in 2012!!!

Rant over.. sorry. (I think it's a morning thing for me) :oops:

Is there a reason you put capital P on Pony? trying to hint at something? :mrgreen:

Arkady Renko
05-12-2011, 04:21 PM
is there a reason you typed "capitol" with an "o" ? Do you plan on running for senate?

Pony
05-12-2011, 04:27 PM
:D

Think I have a chance?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd vote for you :tup:

Muddy
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Is there a reason you put capital P on Pony? trying to hint at something? :mrgreen:

Shit, who knows.. I was quite manic this morning... :lol:

Jezter
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
America, Fuck Yeah! Nooo waiiiit... :lol: Should it be more like "Only in America.".

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
America, Fuck Yeah! Nooo waiiiit... :lol: Should it be more like "Only in America.".

What are you talking about, Sauna-boy?

Jezter
05-12-2011, 06:25 PM

What are you talking about, Sauna-boy?

This whole politics thing and the crazy President game and all the pre-polls, pre-announcements and announcements of pre-announcements. And the even crazier candidates.

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2011, 06:26 PM
This whole politics thing and the crazy President game and all the pre-polls, pre-announcements and announcements of pre-announcements. And the even crazier candidates.

You get all that over in Ragnarok?

Joebob034
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Don't vote period

Jezter
05-12-2011, 06:39 PM
You get all that over in Ragnarok?

We do if we want to follow that. And I've always been interested in the World and it's happenings. And following the craziness that goes on in America is kinda like my "pet peeve". Cuz that usually trumps all the shit and craziness going on over here in Ragnarök. :lol:

Don't vote period
Noooo! Quite the opposite! VOTE!

FBD
05-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Gingrich aint winning the R nomination.

In the mid-2000s, he partnered with then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) to promote a centrist solution to fixing the nation’s health care system. A July 22, 2005, Hotline article on one of the duo’s events described the former speaker as endorsing not just state-based mandates (the linchpin of Romney’s Massachusetts law) but “some federal mandates” as well. A New York Sun writeup of what appears to be the same event noted that “both politicians appeared to endorse proposals to require all individuals to have some form of health coverage.”

Neera Tanden, an aide to Clinton at the time who went on to help craft President Obama’s law, said she couldn’t recall exact speeches, but “strongly” believed that the both Clinton and Gingrich backed the individual mandate. Either way, she added, “Gingrich has been known as a supporter” of the idea for some time.

A simple newspaper archive search bears this out. At an Alegent Health event in Omaha in 2008, Gingrich said it was “fundamentally immoral” for a person to go without coverage, show up at an emergency room and demand free care.

During the keynote address to the Greater Detroit Area Health Council’s annual Health Trends Conference in April 2006, Gingrich said he would require Americans earning above a certain income level to buy health insurance or post a bond, the Detroit Free Press reported.

FBD
05-15-2011, 05:39 PM
No way Im voting for this guy.. He dumped a terminally ill wife in the hospital,

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54971.html

Newt's daughter (from that marriage) says hospital bed divorce story a myth

Anyway, regardless of that he just shot himself in the foot big time, this aint 1996, Newt, you jackass.
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/15/gingrich-i-oppose-paul-ryans-medicare-reform-but-support-a-variation-of-the-individual-mandate/
Gingrich: I oppose Paul Ryan’s Medicare reform but support a “variation” of the individual mandate