PDA

View Full Version : What are your top 10 favorite cities you have visited?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
If you travel enough, I am sure that you have a list of the favorite places you have been. What are your Top 10 most favorite cities that you have been to before?

My list, more or less in order is:

1) Boston - biased on this one, was born there and grew up in New England for the first 26 years of my life and the history of the city is amazing
2) Montreal - granted, I haven't been to a lot of major cities in Canada, but regardless, this city is easily my 2nd most favorite place I have been lucky enough to visit, and I have been there countless times
3) Amsterdam - nothing to do with drugs, I'm not a pothead, just loved the people and the city and had a great time all 3 times I was lucky enough to visit
4) New York City - the city that never sleeps, what else is there to say?
5) Paris - despite all that bad pub this city gets, especially when it concerns Americans, we were treated great by the locals
6) Denver - great place to live with lots of things to do and see
7) Rome/Vatican City - this would be higher on my list if it wasn't for how completely rude and obnoxious the locals were. Absolute worst city I have been to as a tourist for that reason, but the history of the city and all the things to see more than made up for it
8) Las Vegas - worth a visit if you have never been, even though my last memory is losing all my gambling money the last day I was there because I broke my rule of 'no drinking while gambling' and got shitfaced at the blackjack tables and didn't know when to give up :lol:
9) Quebec City - beautiful place to visit, you get the 'European feel' right here in North America
10) Barcelona - wasn't there for the Olympics, but had a great time nonetheless

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't travel that much.

:sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't travel that much.

:sad2:

:empathy:

FBD
04-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Do they have to be cities? I dont think any 'city' would make my list of top 10 places, except for perhaps Juneau AK. And I've got a bit of a soft spot for Boston, one of my ol guitarists used to live there and I've been there a thousand times. I'll never forget that night I was out at clubs with those guys and I came back from dancing with these few girls (I was shitty drunk) and this hot little blonde came over to me right in front of my buddies, wiped the sweat from my forehead, then grabbed my crotch :lol: I just looked at them and gave 'em the smile wink and nod :lol: but was too drunk to have even thought to get her # :dance: We actually got together to play unreal tournament but that fell through and wound up being 4 of us hunting for the evening :D

I think a lot of my favorite places are on top of mountains though.
-mountains by Juneau
-love mt Mansfield in VT
-cliffs in town
-what's that, diamondhead, overlooking honolulu?
-tops of pyramids I've been to

cities...meh :) but I'm a strange ol hermit anyway, I'm sure that surprises none of you.

Hal-9000
04-21-2014, 03:43 PM
I haven't been to many places...so I'll just list them all :lol:

1. Vancouver - loved it
2. Toronto - I was 14 and was amazed at the size, got to go up to the CN Tower first summer it was open
3. Portland - One of the few places in the States I've been to, I was 11 and my folks wouldn't let me walk around at night alone :lol:
4. Banff - Lived and worked out there for a couple of years. Loved it and would live there if possible
5. Every small assed town and village between here and Toronto..some had a grain elevator and general store only...too rural, hated them all

Godfather
04-22-2014, 05:26 AM
Putting this in order is not easy but I'll try. If you ask me again tomorrow I'd probably order it differently but here goes. For the record, I'm extremely biased towards my home town :P

1. Montreal - Fantastic Canadian city. It and the girls are beautiful. Great food, great culture, great people.
2. Amsterdam - That city has a cool vibe, very unique layout. There are other things there... also...
3. San Fran - Just went there for the first time two summers back. My girlfriend and I had a ton of fun walking the city, enjoying the food and different neighborhoods. I think the Giants game we took in was the best arena/park I've ever been to.
4. New York - It feels completely alive, there's a unique vibe to that city. It would be unreal to work there while still young.
5. Paris - History, architecture, food. All good things. Didn't really dig the people though.
6. London - Huge city, I felt like a week there just scratched the surface but I liked what I saw.
7. Fort Lauderdale or Jacksonville - Maybe Florida get a bad rep but I loved both these places. We did a road trip around Florida for two weeks when I was a teenage but I think Jacksonville was my favorite. Miami and Orlando not so much but I liked the rest of the state.
8. Portland & Seattle - Both remind me of home and are close enough that I'll often go to both cities on a short trip. Portland has wicked food carts and tax-free shopping is a perk. Seattle has good music and festivals.
9. Toronto - I didn't think it had a ton of personality frankly but it does have a lot to do, some of the best restaurants and shopping districts I've seen. I could see living here down the road depending on where work takes me.
10. Las Vegas - The first time I drove into Vegas I wasn't old enough to drink, but my face was hanging out the window, with my jaw dropped just in awe with the lights and insanity. It's a good cheap trip, but it does get old too.

Honorable Mention: Whistler, BC - I'd rank it higher but because it's so close to Van it's kinda cheating. Still an incredible city, all-year round there's outdoor stuff to do.