PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Says Doomsday Asteroid Could Hit Next Week

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
The Huffington Post | by Ed Mazza

Former NASA astronauts are expected to warn today that the Earth has been slammed by far more asteroids than previously thought -- including 26 impacts since 2001 that caused explosions on the scale of an atomic bomb.

Now, televangelist Pat Robertson says one of those rocks could bring about the prophesied "end times" -- just as he predicted in a 1995 novel.

"I wrote a book, I wrote a book. It's called 'The End of the Age' and it deals with an asteroid hitting the Earth," Robertson said on his show, "The 700 Club," which airs on ABC Family. "I don't see anything else that fulfills the prophetic words of Jesus Christ other than an asteroid strike. There isn't anything that will cause the seas to roil, that will cause the skies to darken, the moon and the sun not to give their light, the nations terrified on Earth saying 'what's happening?'"

Robertson pointed out that Jupiter's gravity pulls most of the bigger space rocks away from us.

But one of these days... POW!

"Hey, just get ready. Get right and stay right with the Lord," he urged in a clip posted online by The Raw Story. "It could be next week, or it could be a 1,000 years from now, but nevertheless we want to be ready at whatever time the Lord says 'I'm wrapping it up, it's time to come home.'"

Robertson has in the past used asteroid news to emphasize his doomsday prediction and plug his book.

"I did the science on it," he said in 2011. "Once (the asteroid) hits the Earth's crust, all kinds of bad things happen. Volcanos begin to explode and tsunamis take place and devastation follows in their wake."

Jezter
04-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Sure thing! Now go jump off a roof and trust that Jesus will save you before you hit the ground.

FBD
04-22-2014, 12:11 PM
no shit sherlock, thanks for reading what scientists have told us and claiming the ideas for your own

Acid Trip
04-22-2014, 01:09 PM
:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
"It could be next week, or it could be a 1,000 years from now

:rofl: Modern day Nostradamus

Muddy
04-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Pat Robertson is the worlds foremost astrowhateverologist..

PorkChopSandwiches
04-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Blasphemer, he is gods mouth piece

Muddy
04-22-2014, 04:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZgdtnyS.jpg

Noilly Pratt
04-22-2014, 04:28 PM
"I did the science on it" :giggle:

Better update your subscription to Astrobiology Magazine, Pat. Jupiter doesn't suck in big asteroids like a giant vacuum cleaner and all around good guy for planet Earth like we thought - this was debunked in 2012.

It actually holds them in its gravitational field for a while (its gravity is 2.4x that of the earth BTW) then hurls them at us. Often.

Staying right with the Lord
Noilly Pratt, esq. :)

Goofy
04-22-2014, 04:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kqhq2Tx.jpg

Hal-9000
04-22-2014, 10:35 PM
he is right about one thing....the predictions from the bible could describe an asteroid strike...or a nuclear war....there is some interesting, specific stuff in there...

not that Pat will have or had anything to do with it :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Thats whats nice about being vague