PDA

View Full Version : Police Beat Elderly Man Who Called Ambulance For His Wife With Dementia

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2014, 11:05 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/QohNT8K.jpg

An elderly man called 911 for his wife who suffers from dementia, but before paramedics could arrive, the police showed up, and the man was allegedly brutally beaten by the officers for no apparent reason.

Elbert Breshears, 78, says he called an ambulance to his home because his wife needed medical attention, but police suddenly showed up, and that’s when things escalated.

“The wife and I were standing about here, that's the window she knocked out,” explained Breshears to KSPR. “I was standing here holding her hand and she was wavering hollering help. [The] police car drove up, he bailed out ran over and knocked me down. He told me to get up, I told him I couldn't. First thing, I know they grab me, threw me out there on the gravel. One of them sat down on my back, the other sat down on my head. They were trying to get handcuffs on me. I told them I can't get my hands up. I have no objection to being handcuffed.”

When paramedics finally arrived, both Breshears and his wife were taken to the hospital for injuries. Breshears now has a black eye and had to get stitches.

“He dug out the gravel out of my head and sewed my head up,” Breshears described of his treatment at the hospital.

According to police, Breshears faces charges of assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, and abuse of the elderly, all three of which he adamantly denies.

“I didn't know what to think,” said Breshears. “I ever had anybody jump on me for doing nothing. I don't hit my wife. I've lived with the woman for 47 years. I love the woman. I can't help what she does. All I was trying to do was my job and this is what I got for it.”

Breshears’s wife, who suffers from dementia, is currently being cared for at a facility, while Breshear himself faces charges. He’s not taking them lightly, however, as he’s already hired an attorney and plans to press charges against the police officer who assaulted him.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2014, 11:16 AM
:x

Jezter
04-22-2014, 11:41 AM
This shit just isn't right!

FBD
04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
fkn cops, beat first ask questions later.

well, at least they didnt shoot him :roll:

deebakes
04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
where was this? :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2014, 12:44 PM
where was this? :shock:

Missouri

deebakes
04-22-2014, 12:47 PM
jesus, that is so fucked up :x

FBD
04-22-2014, 01:23 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-21/furious-chinese-rioters-beat-corrupt-policemen-death

Furious chinamen beat corrupt policemen to death

Hal-9000
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
this is case where you hope the nosy neighbor had their camera out filming it..