PDA

View Full Version : Professor rants ‘Racist, misogynist, money-grubbing people’ looking to suppress liberal youth vote, if GOP wins universities will close

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Caleb Bonham - Campus Reform

http://i.imgur.com/4rbNEuo.jpg

A professor at Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU) was caught on audio telling his creative writing class that Republicans will close colleges if they prevail in 2014 and that “racist, misogynist, money-grubbing people” want to suppress the liberal vote.

In a four-minute recording of a classroom lecture obtained by Campus Reform, Professor Brent Terry is heard strongly suggesting that conservatives are greedy racists who want to suppress the vote of anyone who might vote liberal.

"...racist, misogynist, money-grubbing people have so much power over the rest of us. And want things to go back—not to 1955, but to 1855,” Terry said to his Introduction to Creative Writing class Monday morning.

“There are a lot of people out there that do not want black people to vote, do not want Latinos to vote. Do not want old people to vote, or young people to vote. Because generally, people like you are liberal.”

The audio, captured by a current student who wishes to remain anonymous, also claims that if Republicans win the senate in 2014 colleges will start “closing up.”

“It's absolutely possible that the Republicans will take over the Senate as well as the House. And we will live in a very, very, very different kind of country if that happens. I mean, colleges will start closing up if they, if these people have their way.

“They don't think money should go to giving you people dangerous ideas about how the world should be run,” Terry said.

Professor Terry has not responded to request for comment from Campus Reform.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2014, 01:59 PM
There must be something wrong with his medulla oblongata.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2014, 02:03 PM
You know it's funny, you never see the conservative groups show up to shout down and heckle speakers on college campuses, it's always the flaming liberals that do that, yet they (the liberals) are the ones always claiming that the conservatives are against free speech :rolleyes:

FBD
04-22-2014, 02:15 PM
my state embarrasses me.

and I got news for ya pal, colleges are going to be closing one way or another. its called the higher education bubble, fueled by the goverment's infinite wisdom that subsidizing middle class outcomes will somehow generate more middle class people. with well over a trillion in student loan debt across the country and the default rate pretty much parabolic, its only going to be a matter of time before uncle sam stops propping you fkn colleges up.

Muddy
04-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Colleges are the biggest bloated over paid institutions I have EVER seen..

FBD
04-22-2014, 03:29 PM
except perhaps for federal reserve banks and government offices across the world :mrgreen:

Lambchop
04-22-2014, 03:40 PM
If what has happened in the UK since the conservatives came into power is any reflection on the US conservatives, then he is right. I just hope that they don't introduce a welfare reform over there that tells terminally ill patients that they are fit for work, only for them to die weeks later, as they have done here.

FBD
04-22-2014, 04:22 PM
:hand: obamacare hasnt been fully implemented yet, they havent had time for the death panels to tell people they're ok enough to get back to work or go home and die.

and besides...college has priced itself out of usefulness for a great many majors. I'm just glad my boy picked a good one that he'll be able to get a good paying job with.

Muddy
04-22-2014, 04:35 PM
college has priced itself out of usefulness for a great many majors. I'm just glad my boy picked a good one that he'll be able to get a good paying job with.

Which is?

FBD
04-22-2014, 05:04 PM
geology :tup:

Muddy
04-22-2014, 06:09 PM
He sells rock?

PorkChopSandwiches
04-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Go to school 4 years for a job that doesnt even break 100k a year. Seems excessive :twisted:

FBD
04-22-2014, 06:52 PM
far as I can tell the geology field pays decent. geologists are the ones that map and plan for oil exploration and shit. much better than "I dont know" or "one of my teachers suggested psychology" facepalm...

Acid Trip
04-22-2014, 07:06 PM
geology :tup:

He sells rock?

I immediately thought crack dealer. He'd make more than as a "geologist".

Muddy
04-22-2014, 07:24 PM
far as I can tell the geology field pays decent. geologists are the ones that map and plan for oil exploration and shit. much better than "I dont know" or "one of my teachers suggested psychology" facepalm...

I was kidding.. :lol:

FBD
04-22-2014, 07:26 PM
boy I must really be too busy, you're like #3 that did that to me in the last hour and I'm movin right along :lol: