PDA

View Full Version : Pageant mum defends Botox for daughter, 8

lost in melb.
05-13-2011, 12:10 AM
A controversial pageant mother in the US who injects her eight-year-old daughter with Botox has boasted about her daughter's treatments in a television interview.

http://ninemsn.com.au/img/2011/news/1305_campbell_nh_sp.jpg

Single mum Kerry Campbell, 34, has told Good Morning America she gave her daughter Britney Botox to keep up with other girls on the pageantry circuit.

Ms Campbell gave her daughter the injections without her asking for them.

"She didn't exactly ask me about it but I know that she was complaining about her face and her wrinkles and things like that," she said.

"I have no problem doing it."

Britney admits that the injections "hurt a little" and that she used to cry but says it makes her look "way better".

She claims plenty of other mothers are giving their daughters injections in the "tough world" of pageantry.

"Kids are harsh and being confident is something she has to be with them."

Ms Campbell, who lives in San Francisco, came under fire in March when the British press reported on the lengths she was going to ensure her daughter would one day become famous.

Britney has also been waxed, saying she doesn't "think it's ladylike to have hair on your legs".

But the young pageant queen has drawn the line at the painful treatment, admitting she wouldn't have another wax for a while.

"It was super, super hard to deal with that," she said.

Lara Spencer, the reporter who conducted the interview, said afterwards that it was "difficult" to maintain composure throughout the conversation.

Muddy
05-13-2011, 12:46 AM
fuggin psycho...

Hal-9000
05-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Throw an unnecessary foreign substance in a still developing child's body...way to go Mom

First line from Wiki:

"Botulinum toxin is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is extremely neurotoxic"

Godfather
05-13-2011, 01:03 AM
For sure. Botox is extremely poisonous - in fact it is the most toxic substance known. Could make a great weapon. It would only take a few nanograms injected intravenously or inhaled into a child to kill them. That alone should scare off most people, especially mothers. Doesn't matter that cases of killing anyone for cosmetic use are rare if not unknown. Something is seriously wrong with this.

I would love to see protective custody take this child. It's obvious the parents have no regard for the safety of their child. Straight fucked.

deebakes
05-13-2011, 01:14 AM
give this parent the chair dammit...

Loser
05-13-2011, 01:44 AM
People like this need to be in prison.:meh:

Arkady Renko
05-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Un-fucking-believable. And to think that I felt bad about the times my kids got their vaccinations...

AntZ
05-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Un-fucking-believable. And to think that I felt bad about the times my kids got their vaccinations...

Since when do you have kids?? :huh:

You been holding out on us? :-k

FBD
05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
ffs why not giver the kid a boob job while she's at it, I'm sure she'll win more pageants being the 8 year old with the biggest tits! :roll: asshole parents...

I feel bad for what this girl is going to look like by the time she's 35.

Acid Trip
05-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Forget the stupid parent, what physician in their right mind would go ahead with the treatment?!?!

Godfather
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Forget the stupid parent, what physician in their right mind would go ahead with the treatment?!?!

Said the mom administered it herself. I guess you can get botox treatment to go? That alone surprises me because of how dangerous a toxin it is......

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Could make a great weapon.

It's been used as/tested as a weapon for awhile

Botulinum toxins as a Biological Weapon

Botulinum toxins have been developed into biological weapons agents for its extreme potency and lethality. In 1939, Sir Frederick Banting included botulinum toxins in the Canadian biological weapons arsenal. The agent was known as Agent X to the allies. It proved unstable and difficult to mass produce. 7 pounds of the biological agent was produced, but US field tests at Horn Island proved the agent to be a failure.

During World War II, the US feared that Germany had developed botulinum for battlefield use. Intelligence information indicated that the Germans were attempting to develop botulinum toxin as a cross-channel weapon to be used against invasion forces. The US manufactured more than 1 million doses of the botulinum vaccine for troop preparing for the D-Day landings. In the spring of 1942, there was speculation that the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich in Prague by Czech Patriots may have involved a bomb laced with botulinum toxins. The United States eliminated its stockpile of botulinum toxins when it destroyed its biological weapons program between May 1971 and May 1972.

The Japanese biological weapons program, Unit 731, fed Clostridium botulinum cultures to prisoners of war at their facilities in Manchuria, China, to observe the lethal effect of the toxin. The South African biological weapons project, Project Coast (1981-1994), developed botulinum toxins as a possible biological agent under the direction of Colonel Wouter Basson. Although Project Coast was terminated, speculations arose that members of Project Coast may have sold biological weapons expertise and technology to rogue states such as Libya.

The Soviet Union experimented extensively with Clostridium botulinum, and it was one of several agents tested at the Aralsk-7 facilities situated on the Aral Sea on Vozrozhdeniye Island. Reports suggested that the Soviet biological weapons program, Biopreparat, attempted to splice the botulinum toxin gene into other bacteria. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, it was reported that four countries the US labels as 'state sponsors of terror,' North Korea, Iraq, Iran, and Syria, developed botulinum toxins as possible biological weapons agents.

In August 1991, Iraq informed the United Nations Special Commission Team 7 of its research, development, and field testing of botulinum toxins as a weapon. Following this voluntary admission, the 1995 defection and debriefing of a key Iraqi official provided western intelligence experts with evidence of 100 R400 bombs and 13 Al Hussein SCUDS that were loaded with 19,000 liters of concentrated botulinum toxins. They were deployed in January 1991 in four different locations.

In the 1990s, the Aum Shinrikyo cult in Japan attempted three times to use aerosolized botulinum toxins as a weapon of terror. They obtained the Clostridium botulinum bacteria from soil samples from northern Japan. In 1995, authorities arrested a man suspected of possessing botulinum toxins as he crossed the US-Canadian border. The man also possessed quantities of ricin, weapons, 20,000 rounds of ammunition, and $89,000. As he awaited trial, he hung himself in jail.

Despite skepticism that botulinum poison could be concentrated, stabilized, and aerosolized to make an effective military weapon against a specific enemy target, a botulinum attack against civilian targets may prove disturbingly effective. An aerosol release of botulinum toxins from a single point can kill or incapacitate 10% to 0.5 miles downwind of the release.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/intro/bio_botulinum.htm

Arkady Renko
05-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Since when do you have kids?? :huh:

You been holding out on us? :-k

Have you never heard of eBay? :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I never went into specifics about my uhm, unusual family constellation, at Anothersite because I felt I had let slip too many remarks already that might have made it possible for someone to identify me if they really put their mind to it, and there's a remote chance that could cause trouble with my work. But since As doesn't get nearly the exposure that it used to get anymore, I'm a little less paranoid since both this place and As are pretty much private clubs nowadays.