PDA

View Full Version : Craig Ferguson stepping down as host of 'Late Late Show'

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Craig Ferguson is stepping down as host of CBS' "Late Late Show." He will sign off in December.

Ferguson broke the news this afternoon to his studio audience during the taping of the show.

Said Ferguson, "CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are 'consciously uncoupling,' but we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much."

"During his 10 years as host, Craig has elevated CBS to new creative and competitive heights at 12:30," said Nina Tassler, chairman, CBS Entertainment. "He infused the broadcast with tremendous energy, unique comedy, insightful interviews and some of the most heartfelt monologues seen on television."

Added Tassler: "Craig's versatile talents as a writer, producer, actor and comedian speak to his great days ahead. While we'll miss Craig and can't thank him enough for his contributions to both the show and the Network, we respect his decision to move on, and we look forward to celebrating his final broadcasts during the next eight months."

Ferguson has several projects in the works, including hosting "Celebrity Name Game," a syndicated game show beginning fall 2014, as well as developing television projects via his Green Mountain West production company, such as "I F-ing Love Science" for the Science Channel.

"The Late Late Show" earned a Peabody Award in 2009, and an Emmy Award nomination for the host in 2006. Peter Lassally is executive producer; Michael Naidus is producer.

On April 3, David Letterman announced his retirement from "The Late Show." While Ferguson appeared to be a candidate to replace the legend at 11:35 p.m., CBS named Stephen Colbert Dave's 2015 replacement.

No word yet on a more specific sign-off date for Ferguson, or a replacement.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=864532

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2014, 12:49 PM
:sad2:

Noilly Pratt
04-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Sad, too. Craig said on his twitter: "Here's the truth, if you're interested" http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/craig-ferguson-i-wanted-to-leave-the-show-before-i-stopped-enjoying-it-exclusive-1201166239/

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
It's not a good day for America.

:no:

deebakes
04-30-2014, 02:54 AM
do you think it is really just because he is butt hurt by not getting the letterman gig? :-k

Loser
04-30-2014, 04:28 AM
He was so much better then letterman. :(

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2014, 04:40 AM
do you think it is really just because he is butt hurt by not getting the letterman gig? :-k

According to Noilly's link, the Letterman gig had nothing to do with it. But that could just be damage control for the rumor mill.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2014, 04:42 AM

I agree. I watch the local news on CBS, switch over to Kimmel Live, then switch back to Ferg.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2014, 10:19 AM

Everyone was better than Letterman...at least for the last 20 to 25 years