PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Kutcher May Actually Be the Guy Replacing Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2011, 12:52 PM
by Natalie Finn - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/vFcyT.jpg

Was Hugh Grant just a red herring?

A day after E! News learned that the Brit engaged in ultimately futile negotiations to join Two and a Half Men, trade reports have now pegged Ashton Kutcher as the star who's really on the verge of making a deal to star on the troubled sitcom.

CBS and Warner Bros. aren't commenting on the speculation, but no one is denying it either.

And no, you're not being punk'd.

Kutcher, who hosted the MTV hit Punk'd and got his break playing hot-but-dumb Michael Kelso on That '70s Show, is keeping a lid on it as well.

About an hour or so after the story broke, he tweeted, "I'm starting to become convinced that people put my name in articles just to improve their SEO or hoping I'll tweet it," and about two hours later, a happy face.

Twenty minutes after that, he tweeted a link to a picture of Alec Baldwin's chest hair... But then he followed that up with, "what's the square root of 6.25?"

(Spoiler: It's 2.5.)

According to Variety, the show's creators and CBS were hoping to get Kutcher on board by the network's upfront presentation to advertisers next Wednesday in New York City, but yet keep a lid on the news at the same time.

Well, that rarely ever works!

The fate of Two and a Half Men has been hanging in the balance since production was suspended earlier this year after what was perhaps Charlie Sheen's most prominent round of marathon partying coincided with a trip to the hospital for a supposed hernia inflammation.

Then came a quick stab at rehab, then the media extravaganza, and then the pink slip from Warner Bros.

Sheen, who has since reinvented himself as some sort of guru for the trainwreck-adoring masses, is suing the studio and Men cocreator Chuck Lorre for $100 million.

Kutcher, meanwhile, has reinvented himself as Demi Moore's husband, a Twitter pioneer, a philanthropist and a little bit of a movie star. Does he really want to mess with that?

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
:-k

I dunno... I don't sense Tiger's Blood and Adonis DNA...

... as if I actually watch the show.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
I've never seen more than 30 seconds of this show...never appealed to me

redred
05-13-2011, 02:44 PM
i think it would be hard to replace charlie with anyone for 2 and a 1/2 men ,end it and write something else

Godfather
05-13-2011, 03:35 PM
I honestly can't see anyone replacing Sheen either. Not because he was so good or anything... I just can't picture it :lol:

Let it die. There must be hundreds of good scripts and pilots that deserve a chance.

Noilly Pratt
05-13-2011, 03:41 PM
I liked the show in the beginning...the guys had to mind their Ps and Qs because they had a kid in their midst and a lot of the humour stemmed because of that -- uptight dad with a taste of freedom and his aging lothario brother and a kid keeping them in check, acting more adult than the adults do.

Now, the kid's a teenager and leers at women just like they do, so a lot of the storyline is gone.

Have the kid go to McDonalds school and end it, I say. Last scene...ends with Jake (the kid) saying "Would you like fries with that"? :)

Muddy
05-13-2011, 04:19 PM
I've never seen more than 30 seconds of this show...never appealed to me

Me either... I always thought of Charlie Sheen as a B rate, child of Hollywood, hack tbh.. I may give it a spin if Kutchers on it though.. He's pretty cool..

Tank
05-15-2011, 12:04 PM
i think it would be hard to replace charlie with anyone for 2 and a 1/2 men ,end it and write something else

:tup:

not a huge fan of the show, but will watch it of nothing else is on, but to keep it going without Sheene is a mistake

I liked the show in the beginning...the guys had to mind their Ps and Qs because they had a kid in their midst and a lot of the humour stemmed because of that -- uptight dad with a taste of freedom and his aging lothario brother and a kid keeping them in check, acting more adult than the adults do.

Now, the kid's a teenager and leers at women just like they do, so a lot of the storyline is gone.

Have the kid go to McDonalds school and end it, I say. Last scene...ends with Jake (the kid) saying "Would you like fries with that"? :)

agree with you that it was better at the start. but looks like Jake has started becomming a mini charlie.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Charlie Sheen Reacts (Bitterly) to Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men
By Mike Fleeman - People Magazine

What's Charlie Sheen saying about Ashton Kutcher taking his job?

Duh, whining.

"Ashton Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer. Oh wait, so am I!!" the actor griped Friday. "Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."

Sheen, 45, was referring to Chuck Lorre, the creator and executive producer of Two and a Half Men and Sheen's nemesis since he was fired from the hit sitcom amid allegations about his lifestyle and behavior on the set.

Kutcher, 33, who got the role after Hugh Grant reportedly dropped out of negotiations, will make $650,000 to $750,000 an episode, a source close to the show tells PEOPLE.

Muddy
05-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah I saw that... It's crazy how important Sheen thinks he is...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it's just sad and embarrassing now...not that I ever thought his antics were funny since he got fired.

Muddy
05-15-2011, 03:07 PM
I thought they were funny for a few days.... Then I thought the guy looked pathetic...

deebakes
05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
haven't watched the show yet and don't plan on starting now...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I thought they were funny for a few days.... Then I thought the guy looked pathetic...

Pathetic...there's the word I was searching for :thumbsup:

Midnight_Beacon
05-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I admit I hope the show does well without Sheen. Just to spite Sheen. I never watched it with Sheen - because I can't stand the guy. I plan to at least give it a shot now though.