PDA

View Full Version : Male celebs ask other males not to rape or beat women

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Francisca Ortega - SFGate

http://i.imgur.com/vmutsdY.jpg

It seems like a simple request: Don't sexually assault women. If you see a woman being sexually assaulted, help her out.

It's what a cast of celebrities including Benicio del Toro, Steve Carrell, and Daniel Craig are asking of men in a newly released public service announcement.

It's part of an Obama administration campaign called "1 is 2 Many" that previously focused on dating violence and included cameos from sports stars such as Jeremy Lin, David Beckham and Eli Manning

"We have a big problem and we need your help," the 60-second video states. "It's called sexual assault and it has to stop. We have to stop it."

In the video, the celebrities urge men to step up and do something if they see a woman being harmed. It also explicitly asks men not blame a woman if she's been sexually assaulted. The effort is in conjunction with a report designed to help colleges and universities reduce sexual assaults on their campuses and provide better support and protection for victims.

According to government statistics, one in five women are sexually assaulted while in college. Women ages 16 to 24 experience the highest rates of sexual violence by someone they know.

In the campaign's previously released video, sports stars urged other men not to be violent toward women.

Some criticism of the campaign has arisen by those who say it ignores sexual and domestic violence against men.

You can see the full cast of participating celebrities and the videos in the slideshow above. For more information, visit www.whitehouse.gov/1is2many.

Goofy
05-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah, because rapists will always listen to celebrities :tup:

RBP
05-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't even have to respond any more do I....

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't even have to respond any more do I....

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem :hand:

RBP
05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
I have male naughty bits, so by their definition I AM the problem. #rapeculture

FBD
05-02-2014, 12:29 PM
I agree...one is too many....obama presidencies...

Lambchop
05-02-2014, 02:01 PM
:chrisbrown:

Hal-9000
05-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I have a term of endearment I always lay on a chick early in the relationship - Don't make me go all Ike Turner on yo ass! :x

# respect :thumbsup:

Godfather
05-03-2014, 03:45 AM
I have male naughty bits, so by their definition I AM the problem. #rapeculture

You're not alone in this feeling :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/iuWCWr2.png