PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Does anybody here actually use twitter?

:-k

I don't mean go look at some celeb's or model's tweets, I mean actually have a twitter account and interact with other twitter users via your account.

Loser
05-06-2014, 04:07 AM
I don't use any form of main stream social networking.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2014, 04:20 AM
I went ahead and changed the poll to private. If you want to cop to it but don't want people to know who you are, that's cool. I'm not trying to ridicule anyone, I'm just curious is all.

By the way, I don't use twitter.

redred
05-06-2014, 05:52 AM
I have an account but really don't understand twitter , Facebook works better for me

Goofy
05-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Nope :)

RBP
05-06-2014, 07:53 AM
It's a great question that wall street is asking as well. Twitter posted excellent revenue numbers and the stock went down. Why? Because despite the ubiquitous nature of Twitter they can't figure out how to get more people to actually use it.

I have an account and made one tweet to call feminist Jessica Valenti a vile sexist. Other than that, no, I do not. :lol:

Jezter
05-06-2014, 08:59 AM
I just don't see any real use for it. I just don't. It is useless.

Hal-9000
05-06-2014, 03:12 PM
It's a great question that wall street is asking as well. Twitter posted excellent revenue numbers and the stock went down. Why? Because despite the ubiquitous nature of Twitter they can't figure out how to get more people to actually use it.

I have an account and made one tweet to call feminist Jessica Valenti a vile sexist. Other than that, no, I do not. :lol:

:lol:

I don't use it

Acid Trip
05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't use any form of main stream social networking.

Glad I'm not alone.

Noilly Pratt
05-06-2014, 03:53 PM
My daughter's school reports when they have snow days and lockdowns (both of which have happened!) so I have it for that. And, Ruth Buzzi, for instance has hilarious 1 liners.

But as for me tweeting, I hardly ever do.

Noilly Pratt
05-06-2014, 05:15 PM
What I'm really getting inundated with lately is people wanting to add me on LinkedIn. Friends, colleagues and people I kinda know from work and also the bigwigs at work are pressuring us to submit our resume.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Thanks, makemeasammichbitch

:lol:

What I'm really getting inundated with lately is people wanting to add me on LinkedIn. Friends, colleagues and people I kinda know from work and also the bigwigs at work are pressuring us to submit our resume.

Friends of mine tell me I should do it too, but I just don't see a purpose of having that kind of presence online.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I have an account, mainly to ready comedians posts, and to find out where the current location of the forum is. But, I dont tweet

KevinD
05-06-2014, 06:02 PM
I have one, rarely if ever post. Mostly follow a few things I'm interested in. I agree with Red though. FB is easier to use.

Muddy
05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I have an account for emergency purposes, lock downs etc.

FBD
05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/13939708458_9df22e0a09_c.jpg

Lambchop
05-08-2014, 06:32 AM
No hate to those who use it but fuck that NSA database along with FB etc. If you told the security agencies 20 years ago that people would one day willingly sign up to the biggest data farm ever they would dismiss you as crazy. Tracking cookies, pictures, occasions, times, dates, private correspondences, emotions, arguments; we handed it to them on a silver platter.

I'd rather just turn up at their head office, bend over and let them penetrate me anally. That'd be more direct and honest.

Hal-9000
05-08-2014, 03:32 PM
people still give me crap for not logging onto Facebook anymore...I don't want to be another vegetable in the data farm :x

Acid Trip
05-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I actually consider anyone who uses Twitter to be of lesser intelligence. I have yet to be proven wrong.

Hal-9000
05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
#hash

:thumbsup:

I'm sooo fckin clever

Godfather
05-09-2014, 02:49 AM
I don't think many of my friends actively use Twitter thankfully.

I have an account that I use infrequently to follow hockey insiders and athletes. It's kind of fun to get some inside jokes, behind the scenes photos from road trips or early breaking news, but it gets old fast. I never sought to add or follow anyone I know in real life at all. In fact, Lance is the only person I know who I ever followed :lol: I honestly think it has run its course. The bad greatly outweighs any worth-while stuff on there.

RBP
05-09-2014, 04:14 AM
I actually consider anyone who uses Twitter to be of lesser intelligence. I have yet to be proven wrong.

#bitter

Hal-9000
05-09-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't think many of my friends actively use Twitter thankfully.

I have an account that I use infrequently to follow hockey insiders and athletes. It's kind of fun to get some inside jokes, behind the scenes photos from road trips or early breaking news, but it gets old fast. I never sought to add or follow anyone I know in real life at all. In fact, Lance is the only person I know who I ever followed :lol: I honestly think it has run its course. The bad greatly outweighs any worth-while stuff on there.

it's the format I don't like....too hard follow and since the protocol is 160 characters or less that makes it more confusing....just saw @hal @RBP r u guys going 4 dinner #greatfood #whitecastle #barfmybrainsout

Lambchop
05-09-2014, 09:46 PM
# yolo swag 4-20 blaze it