PDA

View Full Version : Kim Kardashian Reveals Fears of Raising Daughter in a World Where Racism is "Still Alive"

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2014, 11:30 AM
By Sierra Marquina - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/htbYB6N.jpg

Kim Kardashian had a lot to get off her chest on Wednesday, May 7.

First, the reality star took to her Twitter to dispel wedding rumors, stating she and Kanye West are not yet married. Then, the 30-year-old posted to her personal blog her feelings about raising a mixed-race child in a world where she feels "racism" and "discrimination" are "still alive."

Kardashian started off her blog post admitting she "never knew how much being a mom would change" her and how having her daughter, North West, has enabled her to "get to see the world for the first time again, but through someone else’s eyes."

One issue the new mom's been able to see new specifically being racism and discrimination.

"To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought," she wrote. "It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else’s battle. But recently, I’ve read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice. I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been."

Kardashian, who is set to marry West on May 24 in Paris, went on to say: "I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don’t have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation. I want my daughter growing up in a world where love for one another is the most important thing."

The mom to West, 11 months, continued by revealing she's going to take action.

"So the first step I’m taking is to stop pretending like this isn’t my issue or my problem, because it is, it’s everyone's … Because the California teenager who was harassed and killed by his classmates for being gay, the teenage blogger in Pakistan who was shot on her school bus for speaking out in favor of women’s rights, the boy in Florida who was wrongly accused of committing a crime and ultimately killed because of the color of his skin, they are all someone’s son and someone’s daughter and it is our responsibility to give them a voice and speak out for those who can’t and hopefully in the process, ensure that hate is something our children never have to see."

deebakes
05-08-2014, 12:58 PM
i fear a world where raising my kids lets fuck tape stars become celebrities :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I fear a world where douchebags are allowed to have kids.

Loser
05-08-2014, 05:28 PM
And I don't want to raise kids in a world where stupid people are praised and made famous.

Notice I have no kids.

Maybe she shouldn't either? :-k

Hal-9000
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
i fear a world where raising my kids lets fuck tape stars become celebrities :shrug:

Halleluiah brother

Hal-9000
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
And I don't want to raise kids in a world where stupid people are praised and made famous.

Notice I have no kids.

Maybe she shouldn't either? :-k

:hand: you have no kids because Kanye passed over yo white ass and went for a darker complexioned girl with a big ass

Hal-9000
05-08-2014, 06:31 PM
you are white aren't you Loser? :lol:

Loser
05-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Half german half irish.

No, I'm dark as tar :lol:

minz
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM
With a name like North West racism is the least of it's worries.

Lambchop
05-08-2014, 09:06 PM
I would be more worried about raising a daughter in a world where she will one day view a video of her mum having sex with a guy who isn't her daddy :-k

Oops Deebakes already said it. I should really try reading threads for once.

Hal-9000
05-08-2014, 09:52 PM
With a name like North West racism is the least of it's worries.

If that kid went to my school he'd be called South East for his entire time there...

Noilly Pratt
05-09-2014, 10:35 PM
She's not worried about this at all...this is just to stoke the fire, to keep her name in the news, to "connect" with the fans as her publicist has instructed.

They have enough F you money that ordinary people problems won't touch them.

I'd call the kid "Compass" for short... :giggle: