PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 14, arrested for raping and suffocating neighbor, 11, in her bed after her brothers threw a rowdy party

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2014, 11:42 AM
By Michael Zennie - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/LSuf05L.jpg

A rural North Carolina community that was horrified last year when an 11-year-old girl was raped and murdered in her own bed has been shocked again - this time after a neighbor boy, aged just 14, was arrested and charged with the crime.

McKenzie Mae Sessoms, a fifth grader from Clinton, North Carolina, was found suffocated with a pillow last September 6 - the morning after her adult brothers threw a 'rowdy gathering' at the family home.

On Wednesday, police announced the arrest of a young teenage boy, who is charged with first-degree rape and murder. Officials did not release his name, but family and neighbors identified him as Antonio Trey Jones. He turned 15 on Thursday.

http://i.imgur.com/rhzq3s8.png

At the time of the murder, Jones was living with his grandfather Howard Jones in a house off a dirt road - just feet from McKenzie's home, Mr Jones told WTVD-TV.

'If he done it, I'm glad they got him. That's all I can say,' Mr Jones said.

An autopsy report says that McKenzie was found wedged against the pillow that was used to suffocate her. Her pants were rolled down and a quilt was covering her body.

According to WBTW, her father found her when he went to wake her for school the next day. It is believed she lived in the home alone with her father and brothers.

Authorities said they arrested the suspect after using DNA evidence to match him to the crime.

Mr Jones said his grandson Antonio had moved away to live with his mother.

McKenzie's family said Antonio was banned from the girl's home after he made 'vulgar' comments to her, WTVD reports.

However, a Jones family friend told the TV station that the boy is mentally disabled, suffers epilepsy and is incapable of such violence. He is also in special education.

'He's just as sweet as he can be,' Rhonda Wright said. 'Trey is being accused of terrible, terrible things that I just don't see him mentally capable of doing at all.'

'He told his mother yesterday they confused him,' she added. 'He was very confused. He said they turned some things around that he said.'

McKenzie's family says she was focused on being a little girl.

'She loved riding horses, riding four-wheelers, just hanging with her friends,' grandmother Cathy Starke told the TV station.

'She had her whole life planned. I don't know what made him do it, but I hope that by him doing it, he realizes that he's really messed up his life as well as taking McKenzie away from us.'

'Thank God they've done their job, and they've done it well,' she said of the police investigation. 'Now just keep us in your prayers.'

redred
05-09-2014, 11:59 AM
what the fuck is wrong with kids these days

Goofy
05-09-2014, 12:09 PM
:|

deebakes
05-09-2014, 12:45 PM
holy christ :rip:

RBP
05-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Good lord.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2014, 05:34 PM
:omg:

Hal-9000
05-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I have difficulties with punishments for crimes of this nature committed by underage children...

part of me says we should lock them up for 25 years regardless....the other part thinks maybe not

:( horrible nonetheless

RBP
05-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I have difficulties with punishments for crimes of this nature committed by underage children...

part of me says we should lock them up for 25 years regardless....the other part thinks maybe not

:( horrible nonetheless

I don't. If he's competent, give him an adult sentence. Juvi until 18 then off to the big house.

Hal-9000
05-09-2014, 07:23 PM
I tend to agree RBP...if an individual is that fucked up at 13 or 14....chances for rehab are slim

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't. If he's competent, give him an adult sentence. Juvi until 18 then off to the big house.

Yeah, this is a horrific "adult" crime, fuck this kid

FBD
05-09-2014, 07:58 PM
ok, so this mentally disabled neighbor child happens to say hey, there's a party going on at that cute girl's house let me go rape her? was anyone at the party questioned? given dna sample? was this kid forced...er, coerced into giving up his DNA without a warrant? to what extent was the dna match? were there any of the kid's relatives at this party?

I'm sorry its just a little weird that the girl's older brothers throw this wild party and she's dead next morning,.,.and no questions of the party attendees? just because a mentally handicapped kid said something inappropriate to the girl....that's enough evidence to make him a suspect? (like, how did they figure this out and obtain his dna)

fuck, the people that write these stories damn near go out of the way to leave a ton of holes open and make something not sound right. (aside from a little girl's murder of course, but how many times in the past has shit like this been done and blamed on the little retarded boy...)

Hal-9000
05-09-2014, 08:43 PM
didn't catch the handicapped part :doh:

if he is guilty, then that would be an extenuating circumstance...that would put him in a security hospital for life, rather than a prison (IMO)

redred
05-09-2014, 09:23 PM
if he were handicapped where the fuck were his careers/parents ?