PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut boy stranded at home after someone steals his wheelchair ramp

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
BY Deborah Hastings - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/nYiHL8il.jpg

A boy in Bridgeport, Conn., is marooned inside his own home after some knucklehead stole his wheelchair ramp from the porch.

Isaiah McLaughlin, 10, has a muscle and joint disorder that leaves him unable to walk or use his arms, and he relies on a 450-pound motorized wheelchair to get around.

“I was shocked that someone had the audacity to steal that,” mom Gloria Ramirez told WCBS-TV.

The single mom and part-time waitress says the ramp was likely taken for its high aluminum content.

Isaiah doesn’t much care why the ramp was stolen. He just wants it back. Pronto.

“Can you PLEASE get the ramp back here,” he implored the thieves during an interview with the station. “PLEASE!”

Ramirez said she must carry her son to get him out of the house and into a regular wheelchair.

http://i.imgur.com/Jlrnvu0l.jpg

His heavy motorized chair has been transported to his elementary school so he can drive himself around campus and attend class.

“I can’t believe anyone be so cruel,” she said. “I just feel bad for him because he looks at me like, ‘You’re going to carry me again?’’’

Goofy
05-12-2014, 12:14 PM
What the fuck is wrong with people :|

FBD
05-12-2014, 12:37 PM
use wood folks, not anywhere near the commodity aluminum is...

Hal-9000
05-12-2014, 05:38 PM
that's low...probably skateboarders

FBD
05-12-2014, 05:53 PM
look at copper and aluminum prices...this is fuggin bridgeport. abandon a home in this city and its not 3 weeks before thieves break in and steal the copper pipes out of the wall and leave the water gushing.

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2014, 05:57 PM
I've got one of those aluminum jobbers. They're expensive as fuck. I've had a nice wooden one that was made for me back in the day, but it did deteriorate.

Still, this sucks for the kid. It's a pretty shitty thing to do.

FBD
05-12-2014, 06:00 PM
It is...it just doesnt surprise me coming from there. They should have welded the damned thing to the house in some fashion if they wanted to secure/keep it. (or just gotten the fug out of bridgeport, but moving isnt always an option.)

Thanks, Goldman Sachs....great idea to let the world's biggest banks buy up metal warehouses, where they can park stuff and give people 2 year waits for aluminum...
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-12/spot-goldman-and-glencore-aluminum-warehouses

Hal-9000
05-12-2014, 06:59 PM
it's just like beating up a 90 yr old granny for her purse...we have to alter the laws a bit...

normal charge for stealing the ramp...and then tack on the You're a fucking dick portion of the charge, which can net up to 5 additional years :tup:

Hugh_Janus
05-12-2014, 10:03 PM
look at copper and aluminum prices...this is fuggin bridgeport. abandon a home in this city and its not 3 weeks before thieves break in and steal the copper pipes out of the wall and leave the water gushing.

round where I lived they used to do this on new builds