PDA

View Full Version : Burglars' Families Say 68-Year-Old Widow Who Shot Them Was Unjustified

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
By Allison Geller - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/LZaTqI5.jpg

The families of two teenagers who were shot breaking into a Sacramento house are saying that the homeowner should not have fired shots at the intruders.

14-year-old Michael Sambrano and his 17-year-old accomplice Steven Crider broke into the home of an elderly widow on Sunday morning. Both teens were killed by either the widow or her brother, who was staying with her because she had recently been the victim of another break-in.

“They were on their way out the door, and I just think it was wrong that they were shot,” Christina Sambrano, Michael Sambrano’s sister, told CBS Sacramento.

“I just don’t understand why they were shot multiple times and killed,” said Lisa Sambrano.

But neighbors on the block where the break-in occurred say the homeowners were justified.

“Justice was served,” said Robert Robinson, a neighborhood resident whose home was been burgled twice before.

Another neighbor agreed that protecting one’s home and family is first priority.

“He was not an innocent bystander,” said neighbor David Keck. “I’m sorry the little boys or teenagers were killed, but if it’s my family, my family comes first.”

The elderly homeowner said she had been robbed several times before, and was scared enough to ask her brother to stay with her afterwards.

“This Easter, she was robbed, and so she had replaced her deadbolt locks with double locking deadbolts and they still got in after that,” Celeste Gawehn, a friend and neighbor, told Fox News.

According to police, fingerprints from the scene matched those from the Easter break-in.

The widow, 68-year-old Alice Hubbard Gordinho, said that the boys had “tormented” her.

“I don't have any comments to make on this. It's been a tragedy," she told News10. "I'm sorry for the boys and I'm sorry for me, because they tormented me."

According to California law, a homeowner can use deadly force when someone forcibly enters their home and they have a reasonable fear of “imminent peril of death, or great bodily injury.”

Goofy
05-12-2014, 12:20 PM
“Justice was served,” said Robert Robinson, a neighborhood resident whose home was been burgled twice before.

:tup: Fuck them, got what they deserved! Just a pity our laws over here don't allow similar!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
:tup: Fuck them, got what they deserved! Just a pity our laws over here don't allow similar!

An interesting stat that I found....100% of people that don't break into other people's houses, don't get shot and killed by the homeowners

Goofy
05-12-2014, 12:24 PM
An interesting stat that I found....100% of people that don't break into other people's houses, don't get shot and killed by the homeowners

:lol:

Hal-9000
05-12-2014, 10:44 PM
If I had a gun and caught a burglar on the way out my door...I'd shoot him and lift him back into the living room :lol:...then call 911

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2014, 10:48 PM
My mother works for law enforcement and for years they've told me to just shoot the bastards, and if they're outside when I kill them, just be sure to drag them back into the house before the police get there.

Hal-9000
05-12-2014, 11:02 PM
your Moms is the po-po?? :shock:

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2014, 11:39 PM
She's not police, per se. She works for law enforcement. I have family members that are police, military police, federal agents, lawyers, etc...

Hugh_Janus
05-13-2014, 12:23 AM
:wah:

Acid Trip
05-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Someone should setup a neighborhood watch....

Hal-9000
05-13-2014, 06:06 PM
She's not police, per se. She works for law enforcement. I have family members that are police, military police, federal agents, lawyers, etc...

so she's NSA or CIA

*mental note - be kinder to DGX*