PDA

View Full Version : Casey Kasem's whereabouts unknown: Investigator ordered to track down ailing radio host

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2014, 10:52 AM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/eqDB9Xq.jpg

A judge on Monday ordered an investigation into the whereabouts of Casey Kasem after an attorney for the ailing radio personality's wife said the former "Top 40" host had been removed from the country.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered a court investigator and adult protective services to find out where Kasem is being treated and report back to the court. Kasem, 82, suffers from advanced Parkinson's disease, can no longer speak and has been in various medical facilities chosen by his wife, Jean Kasem.

Casey Kasem's children have complained that they have been unable to see their father in accordance with an agreement with their stepmother. Daughter Kerri Kasem had sought a temporary conservatorship and was appointed her father's temporary caretaker on Monday. Her attorney, Troy Martin, said the family believes the entertainer has been taken to an Indian reservation in Washington state.

Murphy's order came after Craig Marcus, an attorney who appeared on Jean Kasem's behalf at Monday's hearing, said he did not know where the radio personality was but knew that he had been removed from the country.

"I have no idea where he is," Marcus said.

The revelation brought stunned protests from Murphy and two of Casey Kasem's daughters, two of the entertainer's three children from a previous marriage.

"Your statements concern me even more," the judge told Marcus, who declined to comment after the hearing.

Marcus said in court that Jean Kasem had every right to move her husband as she saw fit.

Murphy appointed a doctor to look into Casey Kasem's care and ordered a court-appointed attorney to find out his whereabouts as soon as possible.

Casey Kasem gained fame with his radio music countdown shows, "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40," and was the voice of Shaggy in the cartoon "Scooby Doo."

As temporary conservator, Kerri Kasem will have access to her father's medical records and other reports that have previously been sealed by court order.

Kerri Kasem's case is the second one opened by one of the former host's children to try to gain access to their father and have some oversight over his care. A previous case by daughter Julie Kasem was dismissed after she reached a settlement with her stepmother, but the daughter said Monday that agreement has been breached.

In a court filing last week, Kerri Kasem's attorneys wrote that the entertainer has been repeatedly moved without warning and his children have been unable to see him. The complaint accused Jean Kasem of elder abuse by isolating her husband from his family.

"We've been troubled for a long time," Kerri Kasem said after Monday's court hearing. She said Murphy's orders will ensure that the truth about her father's care comes out.

"Justice has been served today," she said.

RBP
05-13-2014, 11:34 AM
:wtf:

Hal-9000
05-13-2014, 02:47 PM
weird

FBD
05-13-2014, 06:36 PM
no shit I never knew he was shaggy. an ol friend of mine who used to do some DJing got a funny off air clip of him singing and fking up ACDC lyrics, I wonder what happened to it. she was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean, she was the best damn woman I had ever seen...fine ass and a tight little box, disco sex...while america rocks...

PorkChopSandwiches
05-13-2014, 06:46 PM
She is hiding him and stealing his money

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2014, 10:53 AM
FOX 411

Missing radio icon Casey Kasem has been found.

Kasem's family confirmed early Thursday that the longtime "American Top 40" host had been located in Washington state, three days after a California judge ordered an investigation into the 82-year-old's whereabouts.

"The family has grave concerns about his medical care," family spokesman Danny Deraney said in a statement. "The Kasem family will do everything in their power to bring their father home."

"We are grateful to local authorities for finding my Dad," Kasem's daughter Kerri said. "We are one step closer to bringing him home."

The exact location where Kasem was found was not immediately known.

Los Angeles County Superior Court judge Daniel Murphy ordered the investigation Monday after an attorney for the ailing radio personality's wife said Kasem had been removed from Los Angeles without his children's knowledge.

Kasem suffers from advanced Parkinson's disease, can no longer speak and has been in various medical facilities chosen by his wife, Jean Kasem.

Kasem's children have complained that they have been unable to see their father in accordance with an agreement with their stepmother. Kerri Kasem had sought a temporary conservatorship and was appointed her father's temporary caretaker on Monday. Her attorney, Troy Martin, said at the time that the family believed the entertainer has been taken to an Indian reservation in Washington state.

On Wednesday, the family filed a missing person report with the Santa Monica police.

On Tuesday, Kerri Kasem told Fox News' Greta van Susteren that the family had received some tips as to her father’s whereabouts, and one of her stepmother’s relatives told her they overheard a conversation that the plan was to move Casey Kasem to an Indian reservation and then out of the country.

“I have to find my dad,” she said. “He is he very ill and being moved across state lines or wherever he is, this is not good for his health.”

Kasem said she believes Jean Kasem “needs some help" because she and her family do not understand what her stepmother is doing.

“We have told her time and time again if it’s about the money, take the money, take the house,” she said. “We won’t contest the will. We won’t contest anything. Take it all. Have it all. Give us our dad back. She won’t do it and we don’t understand what she wants.”

deebakes
05-25-2014, 09:24 PM
:rip:

Oofty Goofty
05-26-2014, 04:13 AM
Did you hear that he had died? I can't find any news of it. And yes, you know why I'm asking.

deebakes
05-26-2014, 05:44 AM
no, he's not dead yet :oops:

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Oofty's the only one that has him.

Hal-9000
05-26-2014, 11:11 PM
you buncha grim reapers :x

Oofty Goofty
05-26-2014, 11:36 PM
You're just mad because you didn't get your list entered in time :)