PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Man Banjo Boys..

teabelly
05-15-2014, 01:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcRI0BdioE#t=205

Hal-9000
05-15-2014, 01:51 AM
I posted these guys already :dance:

that banjo kid is a bit of savant :lol:

Hal-9000
05-15-2014, 01:53 AM
that banjo tune is supposed to be a bitch because of the speed and the mid song tuning

teabelly
05-15-2014, 12:12 PM
I posted these guys already :dance:

:lol:

I should have known better..:rolleyes: Pretty much everything has been posted here, back to my Meaty taco Stand.....:cheerlead:

FBD
05-15-2014, 01:25 PM
that banjo tune is supposed to be a bitch because of the speed and the mid song tuning

the tuning is a cool interesting addition...looks like the gears on those tuners are rather less ratio'd than the stuff I have on my guitars...most of what I've used has high gear ratios for precise tuning, but it makes doing something like that damn near impossible.

the speed thing interestingly enough, most times its NOT going too fast that really does it and makes it sound like a million miles an hour. properly timed is key. buddy of mine bought a banjo a bunch of years ago and learned that fingerpicking style, it didnt take him too long to get that...whateverthehell galloping sound out of it. I've done a lot of fingerpick stuff but more along the lines of a dire straits sort of style...most of the time I wont use a pick playing guitar.

KevinD
05-16-2014, 12:38 AM
My bud that is helping to teach me guitar plays banjo very well. He does this all the time on banjo. Something he learned growing up in west virginia