PDA

View Full Version : Sudanese woman sentenced to death for converting to Christianity

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Hugh Lawson

(Reuters) - A Sudanese court has sentenced a 27-year-old woman to death for converting to Christianity, judicial sources said.

Mariam Yahya Ibrahim had been ordered to abandon her newly adopted Christian faith and return to Islam. She had also been charged with adultery for marrying a Christian man.

Judge Abbas al Khalifa asked Ibrahim whether she would return to Islam. After she said "I am a Christian" the death sentence was handed down, the judicial sources said.

Outside the court, about 50 people held up signs that read "Freedom of Religion", while some Islamists celebrated the ruling, chanting "God is Greatest".

Young Sudanese university students have mounted a series of protests near Khartoum University in recent weeks asking for an end to human rights abuses, more freedoms and better social and economic conditions.

Western embassies and Sudanese activists have condemned what they said were human rights abuses and called on the Sudanese Islamist-led government to respect freedom of faith.

Muddy
05-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Savages..

Goofy
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Typical religious pish as far as i'm concerned, do what we say or we'll hurt you....... praise the lord!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Islam is the religion of tolerance and peace :nono:

FBD
05-15-2014, 12:42 PM
I just dont see what's wrong with saying jehovah!

Muddy
05-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Typical Islamic pish as far as i'm concerned, do what we say or we'll hurt you....... praise the lord!

FTFY... It is religion based, but only one religion is killing people in a court of law for converting to another religion..

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Yeah, we Christians don't kill people that convert away from us.

Acid Trip
05-15-2014, 09:52 PM

We laugh cause we know where people who worship false gods go.

Hugh_Janus
05-15-2014, 09:57 PM

anymore

Muddy
05-15-2014, 11:09 PM
anymore

:gtfo: This is now..

KevinD
05-16-2014, 12:10 AM
And that was then.
While in no way do I condone what Islamic fanatics are doing now, it's not much different than what Christians did centuries ago. There is an ancient rivalry ( war?) Between the faiths that will NOT be resolved easily. Too much bloodshed on both sides.

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2014, 12:55 AM
Well, considering that Islam was created somewhere around 400-600 AD...

... it might as well have been created by L. Ron Hubbard.

8-[

Muddy
05-16-2014, 12:57 AM
:doh:

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2014, 12:59 AM
:dance:

Muddy
05-16-2014, 01:02 AM
I think its all a bunch of hog wash really.. But at least Christianity teaches tolerance and understanding.. (Except towards gays) They hate those mother fuckers.:lol:

Griffin
05-16-2014, 01:09 AM
nothing wrong with being gay as long as both chicks are hot!

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2014, 01:40 AM
When I was a child being raised as a Catholic, I always resented the idea of being punished for questioning or disbelieving. It's why I'm totally against organizational faith as it stands today, although I still do identify as a Catholic. I always thought "why would a Father that loved his children so much allow them to be punished or ridiculed by his emissaries when He preaches patience, love, and understanding?" So I don't go to church, I haven't been there in years, and I'm very standoffish when I meet priests, ministers, and preachers. My point of view is that I don't need to confess my sins to another human being, as God and I both know what I've done and both know what I'm sorry for. I'm not going to ask for forgiveness from some other person who's just as human as I am. It's a ritual that's no longer needed in my life. I also don't believe I need to go to church every Sunday to prove my faith, because as far as I'm concerned, God knows what's in my heart regardless of where I am, and I don't need to be in any specific building or structure on any specific day at any specific time for Him to get the message loud and clear.

Now as far as gay people go, I'd like to think that I accept people as they are, but I do think that the desire by a person of one sex for another person of the same sex is divergent from the norm, because scientifically speaking, the propagation of the species requires the duo of opposite sexes consummating to conceive a life. Homosexuality doesn't make logical sense from the biological point of view.

MrsM
05-16-2014, 03:35 PM
When I was a child being raised as a Catholic, I always resented the idea of being punished for questioning or disbelieving. It's why I'm totally against organizational faith as it stands today, although I still do identify as a Catholic. I always thought "why would a Father that loved his children so much allow them to be punished or ridiculed by his emissaries when He preaches patience, love, and understanding?" So I don't go to church, I haven't been there in years, and I'm very standoffish when I meet priests, ministers, and preachers. My point of view is that I don't need to confess my sins to another human being, as God and I both know what I've done and both know what I'm sorry for. I'm not going to ask for forgiveness from some other person who's just as human as I am. It's a ritual that's no longer needed in my life. I also don't believe I need to go to church every Sunday to prove my faith, because as far as I'm concerned, God knows what's in my heart regardless of where I am, and I don't need to be in any specific building or structure on any specific day at any specific time for Him to get the message loud and clear.

Now as far as gay people go, I'd like to think that I accept people as they are, but I do think that the desire by a person of one sex for another person of the same sex is divergent from the norm, because scientifically speaking, the propagation of the species requires the duo of opposite sexes consummating to conceive a life. Homosexuality doesn't make logical sense from the biological point of view.

I agree with pretty much everything that you said here...

Except for the homosexuality part - if anything sexually that does not conceive a life does not make logical sense from a biological point of view - then the same can be said for masturbation, anal sex, oral sex. Everyone is wired differently, we each like different things. Nature sometimes throws curve balls into the mix. What if homosexuality was some way of a natural population control? If a same sex couple wants to be together - why not? How does their choice harm me in any way? If they want to call themselves married - does that take anything away from my marriage to my husband? No.

Organized religion fears the unknown and homosexuality is for the most part unknown. It may not make sense, but does it make it wrong? I don't think so.

Acid Trip
05-16-2014, 03:43 PM
If Islam wants to re-do the crusades I say we oblige them and turn the Middle East into a glass parking lot.

FBD
05-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Today I'll play the part of non-parent
Not make a hundred rules
For you to know about yourself
Not lie and make you believe
What's evil is making love
and making friends
and meeting God you're own way
The right way

[Chorus]
To see
To bleed
Cannot be taught
In turn
You're making us
Fucking hostile

We stand alone

The truth in right and wrong
The boundaries of the law
You seem to miss the point
Arresting for a joint?
You seem to wonder why
Hundreds of people die
You're writing tickets man
My mom got jumped -- they ran!
Now I'll play a public servant
To serve and protect
By the law and the state
I'd bust the punks
That rape steal and murder
And leave you be
If you crossed me
I'd shake your hand like a man
Not a god

[Chorus]

Come meet your maker, boy
Some things you can't enjoy
Because of heaven/hell
A fucking wives' tale
They put it in your head
Then put you in your bed
He's watching say your prayers
Cause God is everywhere
Now I'll play a man learning priesthood
Who's about to take the ultimate test in life
I'd question things because I am human
And call NO ONE my father who's no closer that a stranger

I won't listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlvoVKqSDAI

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I agree with pretty much everything that you said here...

Except for the homosexuality part - if anything sexually that does not conceive a life does not make logical sense from a biological point of view - then the same can be said for masturbation, anal sex, oral sex. Everyone is wired differently, we each like different things. Nature sometimes throws curve balls into the mix. What if homosexuality was some way of a natural population control? If a same sex couple wants to be together - why not? How does their choice harm me in any way? If they want to call themselves married - does that take anything away from my marriage to my husband? No.

Organized religion fears the unknown and homosexuality is for the most part unknown. It may not make sense, but does it make it wrong? I don't think so.

:hand:

Masturbation is batting practice for the big game of sex. Makes perfect sense. :wank:

I never said homosexuality was wrong, and I definitely didn't base my opinion of homosexuality on my religious background. As far as I'm concerned, it's not my place to judge.

However, I do like the "nature's population control" idea. I'm gonna use that.

:lol:

Lambchop
05-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Can't blame a Muslim for killing one who does not believe, their book pretty much instructs them to do it and they believe the book to be God's instruction. I only hope that free speech and independent thought will prevail in the end over sharia. If not, just kill me as I would rather die free than live a slave to sharia.

Also Muhammad married a girl age 6 and fucked her age 9, then told others God told him it was OK to do this. I'm sure Fiddle-Em-Pete down at the Kiddy Ranch could use the same argument to justify sodomising kids.

Muhammad was a smart mofo in the end, as he wrote a book defending his name that people to this day will kill another over, simply for tarnishing his name.

Hal-9000
05-17-2014, 03:40 AM

Not trying to change your views on priests, ministers...I have been questioned about this by others. The religion I follow is Christian Science and when you peel back the layers, the belief is very similar to yours DGX. There's no need to shout out prayers and bring your problems weekly to a priest, because God already knows how you feel in your communications to Him...outloud or otherwise. We have readers and speakers in our congregation. Priests help with the message and it's up to the individual to have a relationship with God, a priest or both. A CS reader once asked me 3 questions and that had a profound effect on my life.

Hal-9000
05-17-2014, 03:53 AM
Typical religious pish as far as i'm concerned, do what we say or we'll hurt you....... praise the lord!

Not in any form of Christianity that I've seen or been a part of :lol:

The Islamic faith is one of the few around the world that still threatens death for non believers....Buddhists, Taoists, Christians....hell even Native Indians that worship pagan gods of nature don't give a rosy rat's ass if you believe in their faith or not :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Not trying to change your views on priests, ministers...I have been questioned about this by others. The religion I follow is Christian Science and when you peel back the layers, the belief is very similar to yours DGX. There's no need to shout out prayers and bring your problems weekly to a priest, because God already knows how you feel in your communications to Him...outloud or otherwise. We have readers and speakers in our congregation. Priests help with the message and it's up to the individual to have a relationship with God, a priest or both. A CS reader once asked me 3 questions and that had a profound effect on my life.

:-k

What were the 3 questions?

Hal-9000
05-17-2014, 04:37 PM
:-k

What were the 3 questions?

What if I told you that if I told you, it would make you question everything around you and your world would never be the same?

http://i.imgur.com/tvu87Av.png

*gobbles a handful of red pills*