PDA

View Full Version : Think subprime mortgages are a thing of the past? Think again, they're already back.

FBD
05-15-2014, 06:39 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-14/santelli-introduces-subprime-20

In his first major speech since The White House got their 'flexible' man in to manage the GSEs, Mel Watt outlined his strategic plan for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Predicated on the maintenance of liquidity, competition, and resilience of the national housing finance market, Watt's remarkably blind to the past proposal will, as CNBC's Rick Santelli warns, create Subprime 2.0. Easing lending standards, not lowering limits, and raising the possibility of principal reduction seems to do anything but reduce taxpayer risk and merely creates more perverse incentives. Santelli steams, as the orthodox monetary policy channel of the last 30 years continues to be pumped ever higher, "immense fiscal and monetary stimulus has gotten us nowhere." As we suspect Rich might have concluded... Watt the fuck!? "if you believe any of this, you have to be crazy after what we've been through."

Santelli and Alhambra's Jeff Snider explain how monetary policy uses housing as its funnel...

"the piggy bank becomes this faux appreciation that gets funneled in a house that becomes an ATM on the "wealth effect"

"The major economic orthodoxy is aggregate demand. The way you fill demand is through credit and debt.

So the primary channel, and all the orthodox literature agrees, for aggregate demand in this framework is through housing.

For the last 20, 30, 40 years the monetary policy of this country and around the world really has been dedicated to using housing as a way to increase economic growth... but it's incredibly inefficient.

That's what we've seen with bubbles, that's what we've seen with asset inflation and prices... the fact that it takes an immense credit production capacity to create even just a little bit of economic wealth."

....As former FHFA boss Ed DeMarco warned, "do not confuse weakening underwriting standards & underpricing risk with helping people or promoting market efficiency" - it seems Mel Watt doesn't give a shit... Santelli screams to Congress - welcome to Subprime 2!

125% LTV loans, making a comeback!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-15/subprime-20-125-ltv-loans-are-coming-back

PorkChopSandwiches
05-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Sweet, Im going to refi

FBD
05-15-2014, 06:46 PM
only if you can get that extra 25% over the value

PorkChopSandwiches
05-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Exactly, then I can default with all that cash son

FBD
05-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Truck driver? I ain't no truck driver. I'm a janitor. That's right, baby, I just bought this truck straight cash. I got cigarettes for me and my family the rest of our lives! I'M RICH, BIATCH!

PorkChopSandwiches
05-15-2014, 08:31 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lows3uofa31qbttgto1_400.gif

Noilly Pratt
05-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Isn't that going to drive house prices up?

PorkChopSandwiches
05-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Of course, it will create another bubble, then the market will crash and everyone will stop paying on their loans since they are upside down, and the government can offer incentives for you to pay by lowering your principle and extending your loan out over 50 years.

Acid Trip
05-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Did someone say subprime mortgages?!?!

:partylikeits2008:

Muddy
05-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Exactly, then I can default with all that cash son

Sounds like you have it all figured out.. :lol: