PDA

View Full Version : Dad allegedly throws toddler into pool to teach her a lesson

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2014, 11:29 AM
by Karen Brown - The Arizona Republic

http://i.imgur.com/lsd9Z8J.jpg

PHOENIX – A Phoenix man has been arrested for child abuse after he allegedly threw his 23-month-old daughter into a pool to teach her a lesson.

The child's mother is furious.

The couple have been on and off for the past decade and have two children together. They recently had some custody issues.

Police said the suspect threw his daughter into a pool because she had dropped a 5-week-old puppy in the pool and it died and he wanted to teach her a lesson about playing around water.

"I am very angry and I'm very hurt and I just hope that my kids are going to be OK from this," said the toddler's mother, Samantha. "People make mistakes, but this is past a poor decision and a mistake. This is a child."

Surveillance video shows the child being tossed into a central Phoenix pool by her father, Corey McCarthy. A woman goes into the pool to get her out.

McCarthy has been charged with two counts of child abuse.

"Then you see him taunting her, like throwing her like he's gonna, then he's not, throwing her like he's gonna, then he's not," Samantha said. "What people don't know is also in the beginning of the video, he hoses her down with a water hose to kind of torture her that way."

Police said the reason child abuse charges were filed is because in the state of Arizona discipline must be considered reasonable and not done in anger. They said throwing a toddler into a pool isn't reasonable.

McCarthy is still in jail. Family members said he is in the infirmary because he was beaten up in jail.

FBD
05-19-2014, 12:21 PM
they arrested a guy for throwing his daughter into a pool??? wtf?

deebakes
05-25-2014, 08:34 PM
did she learn? :-k

Hal-9000
05-26-2014, 09:43 PM
23 months may be a bit of a shock if you don't know how to swim..