PDA

View Full Version : LoJack names its 10 most stolen cars

Teh One Who Knocks
05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Matt Schmitz and Chris Woodyard, Cars.com and USA TODAY

http://i.imgur.com/tW0dgUa.jpg

Honda Accord ranks as the most stolen and most recovered car for the fifth year among vehicles equipped with a LoJack tracking-device, the maker says.

LoJack says that after Accord comes:

2. Honda Civic

3. Toyota Camry

4. Toyota Corolla

5. Chevrolet Silverado.

6. Acura Integra

7. Cadillac Escalade

8. Ford F-350

9. Nissan Altima

10. Chevrolet Tahoe

Most of the cars on the list are among the best-selling cars on the road, but a few are surprises. Acura Integra remains on the list of most stolen and recovered cars even though it was last available in the U.S. as a sedan or coupe for the 2001 model year.

Also, F-150 is the nation's best-selling pickup truck, but it's the heavy-duty F-350 that makes the most-stolen list.

The oldest Lojack-equipped car recovered last year was a 1963 Cadillac convertible. The priciest was a 2011 Porsche Panamera valued at $103,400. The most common color of stolen cars was black, which is one of the most common car colors, while the least common color was turquoise.

RBP
05-27-2014, 11:16 AM
This would be more interesting if some did the analysis. Do stolen per on-the-road numbers and find out why. Maybe Hondas and Toyotas are easier to steal.

Hal-9000
05-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Hondas, specifically Civics have been a top theft for years...I read with that make, it goes back over a decade because of the perceived sporty make.

Civics have evolved into more dependable, family orientated vehicles every year since then.

and someone can rip off my Corolla anytime they like :lol:

There's only about 5 on that list that I would consider taking for a joyride..

Hal-9000
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Hondas, specifically Civics have been a top theft for years...I read with that make, it goes back over a decade because of the perceived sporty make.

Civics have evolved into more dependable, family orientated vehicles every year since then.

and someone can rip off my Corolla anytime they like :lol:

There's only about 5 on that list that I would consider taking for a joyride..

redred
05-27-2014, 06:50 PM
I've never stolen any of those models in my time :lol:

Godfather
05-29-2014, 02:10 AM
What is the average year of most of these cars though? I've seen these stats from the provintial auto insurer in our province and their 'most stolen' vehicles are all older models from before Passive Immobilizers became required in all new vehicles (I think in 2006 or something here at least).