PDA

View Full Version : Father faces child cruelty charges for teen's punishment

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Paul Crawley, WXIA

http://i.imgur.com/bDPqlBR.jpg

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. – Police arrested a Douglasville father on child cruelty charges after the man punished his 16-year-old son by making him carry a 23-pound landscape stone for several miles.

Charlie Mayes, a 40-year-old military veteran with no criminal record, told police he used military-style punishment because his son watched too many videos and didn't do his chores and school work. Douglasville Police charged Mayes with first-degree child cruelty.

"This was done multiple times over a three-day period, sometimes as early as 3 o'clock in the morning," Police Sgt. Todd Garner told 11Alive on Tuesday.

Garner said the boy, who is only 4'2" tall, was also punished in-between the 3-mile hikes.

"In between that time, he was at home having to move rocks and stuff from one side of the back yard to the other and then being taken right back out to the same location and dropped off and made to walk back again," Sgt. Garner added.

The boy's trek would begin on Kings Highway and end at the family's home in the Fairways subdivision.

http://i.imgur.com/InVuCm5.jpg

A pizza delivery driver alerted police to the teen's punishment walks, one of which was captured in the background of a police dash cam video during an unrelated traffic stop.

Douglasville police have yet to make the video available, but say the father freely admitted what happened.

"He did not feel that this was inappropriate at all and neither did his wife," Sgt. Garner said.

A woman who answered the door at the family's home told 11Alive they have no comment.

Meanwhile police alerted DFCS about the case and Mayes got out of jail on $3,500 bond Memorial Day.

A judge ordered the father to get family counseling.

RBP
05-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Walking and carrying things? Oh the horror! The nanny state must terminate parental rights immediately!!

The pizza guy needs to grow up and mind his own fucking business.

KevinD
05-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Only thing wrong with this is that they arrested the father instead of making him "dad of the year"

Hugh_Janus
05-28-2014, 07:06 PM
don't be a lazy cunt and you won't be punished.... could've been worse

PorkChopSandwiches
05-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Thats punishment? My son and I put in those bricks a few weeks ago to make a retaining wall, it was called "working"

Lambchop
05-28-2014, 07:34 PM
My dad pepper sprayed me when I was a bad kid.

Didn't really do a lot for me in the long term but I do have flashbacks when I eat spicy food.

Hal-9000
05-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Dad caught me walking down the front street with a bottle of rye when I was 14...no shoes, no jacket on and I was hammered :lol:

he got me up at 5 am the next morning and we hung 10 x 4 gyprock sheets in our garage...they were quite heavy and one board ended up smashing down on my toe

My Dad was never a cruel man to any of us kids, but I often wonder how much of that was an accident :lol:

I just about blew chunks when it happened

Goofy
05-28-2014, 07:45 PM
I bet Alyson Hannigan always did her chores :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-28-2014, 07:57 PM
I bet Alyson Hannigan always did her chores :thumbsup:

:qft:

Lambchop
05-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Dad caught me walking down the front street with a bottle of rye when I was 14...no shoes, no jacket on and I was hammered :lol:

he got me up at 5 am the next morning and we hung 10 x 4 gyprock sheets in our garage...they were quite heavy and one board ended up smashing down on my toe

My Dad was never a cruel man to any of us kids, but I often wonder how much of that was an accident :lol:

I just about blew chunks when it happened
Yeah well my dad has an 8 & 1/2 inch schlong

Goofy
05-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Yeah well my dad has an 8 & 1/2 inch schlong

I can't say i've ever asked nor measured my dads penis :)

Hal-9000
05-28-2014, 09:09 PM
this is going to get uncomfortable soon

bye :lol:

Lambchop
05-28-2014, 09:31 PM
I'll PM you the highlights, with additional MS paint drawings to give a more in-depth analysis

Hugh_Janus
05-28-2014, 09:40 PM
this is going to get uncomfortable soon

bye :lol:
that's what lamby said

Acid Trip
05-28-2014, 10:15 PM
You know the world is fucked up when good parenting suddenly becomes "child cruelty".