PDA

View Full Version : London is 'cocaine capital of Europe'

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Miranda Bryant - London Evening Standard

http://i.imgur.com/BPQzhVx.jpg

London is the cocaine capital of Europe with highest use of the drug of any other city on the continent.

New research published today, which analysed traces of drugs in the sewage systems of 42 cities, found that the capital had the highest cocaine use of any tested.

In London 711mg of cocaine were detected in waste water per day per 1,000 people by the EU drugs monitoring agency study.

The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction in Lisbon, which took population into account in its analysis, also found that the capital had among the highest consumption of ecstasy.

The samples, which were tested during a week last year, found that while in most cities cocaine and ecstasy intake increased sharply at weekends, in London cocaine use reached its peak on a Tuesday.

The research, which is considered a more forensic snapshot of drug habits than other methods such as surveys, found that cocaine and ecstasy are most used in western and some southern cities while in eastern Europe crystal meth is most common with Prague showing the highest consumption of the drug.

The agency warned that the sale of drugs online had increased availability.

It said: “The open sale of ‘legal highs’ on the internet appears to have increased their availability to distributors and consumers.

“In addition, purchasing new and ‘old’ drugs via ‘darknets’ - underground, online networks permitting anonymous communication - represents a new challenge to law enforcement.”

FBD
05-29-2014, 01:06 PM
considering that london is also the financial manipulation capital of the world, this is unsurprising.

Lambchop
05-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Just read that our government is going to allow drug and prostitution statistics ( approx £10billion) to boost perceived economic growth on paper. Apparently this new policy is directly from our distant masters in Brussels. EU

'tis a magical time

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Red consumes 90% of all this

FBD
05-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Just read that our government is going to allow drug and prostitution statistics ( approx £10billion) to boost perceived economic growth on paper. Apparently this new policy is directly from our distant masters in Brussels. EU

'tis a magical time

they figured hell, Italy is doing it and giving themselves extra margin space to waste even moar money, so why cant we do it too? :roll:

redred
05-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Red consumes 90% of all this

I would like to :lol:

Acid Trip
05-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Isn't London the largest city in Europe?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Isn't London the largest city in Europe?

Technically 3rd...they count Istanbul and Moscow as being on the European continent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_cities_in_Europe

But as far as what most of the world would consider Europe, then London is the largest

Muddy
05-29-2014, 05:44 PM
I totally consider Russia to be Europe.. What else would it be?

FBD
05-29-2014, 05:49 PM
an outlier :lol:

Muddy
05-29-2014, 05:52 PM
It's on the European continent though... :true:

Acid Trip
05-29-2014, 08:38 PM
I totally consider Russia to be Europe.. What else would it be?

Cold as hell.

DemonGeminiX
05-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Russia is partially located in Europe but mostly in Asia. Europe and Asia are separated by the Ural mountains, which lie within Russia. Because of this, most people nowadays refer to the continent as Eurasia where Russia is concerned. Siberia is in Asia, yet Moscow and St Petersburg are both in Europe.

Muddy
05-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Russia is partially located in Europe but mostly in Asia. Europe and Asia are separated by the Ural mountains, which lie within Russia. Because of this, most people nowadays refer to the continent as Eurasia where Russia is concerned. Siberia is in Asia, yet Moscow and St Petersburg are both in Europe.

Thats fucked up... Lets define continent..

Its 6..

http://i.imgur.com/WFzDRfv.gif

Hugh_Janus
05-29-2014, 10:19 PM
which 6, bruh?

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 10:19 PM
The 6 without Eurasia

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 10:20 PM
But I think its 7 without Eurasia

DemonGeminiX
05-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Not really that fucked up. It's just that Europe and Asia just happen to be pushing into each other. That's how the Ural mountains were formed. So it's a conjoined pair of continents that appears as one land mass, and Russia just happens to take up a ton of real estate on both of them. So Russia is partially European, but mostly Asian. It would be the same if we were conquering bastards and took over all of Central and part of South America... we'd be mostly North America, but partially South America as well.

Classically, there were 7 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and Antarctica. Because of the Europe-Asia thing, geologists and mapmakers have been calling it Eurasia, making it 6 continents. Personally, I grew up being taught 7 continents so that's what I go by. And I still believe that Pluto's a planet too, because that's what I was taught as a kid, even though Ceres is larger and not considered a planet, and way before they came up with the Dwarf-planet category.

Muddy
05-29-2014, 11:46 PM
North America
South America
Eurasia
Africa
Australia
Antarctica