PDA

View Full Version : Directive 3025.18....wtf is this in response to the budy ranch?

FBD
05-29-2014, 05:47 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/inside-the-ring-directive-outlines-obamas-policy-t/

A 2010 Pentagon directive on military support to civilian authorities details what critics say is a troubling policy that envisions the Obama administration’s potential use of military force against Americans.

The directive contains noncontroversial provisions on support to civilian fire and emergency services, special events and the domestic use of the Army Corps of Engineers.

The troubling aspect of the directive outlines presidential authority for the use of military arms and forces, including unarmed drones, in operations against domestic unrest.

“This appears to be the latest step in the administration’s decision to use force within the United States against its citizens,” said a defense official opposed to the directive.

Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” was issued Dec. 29, 2010, and states that U.S. commanders “are provided emergency authority under this directive.”

“Federal military forces shall not be used to quell civil disturbances unless specifically authorized by the president in accordance with applicable law or permitted under emergency authority,” the directive states.

“In these circumstances, those federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the president is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances” under two conditions.

The conditions include military support needed “to prevent significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property and are necessary to restore governmental function and public order.” A second use is when federal, state and local authorities “are unable or decline to provide adequate protection for federal property or federal governmental functions.”

“Federal action, including the use of federal military forces, is authorized when necessary to protect the federal property or functions,” the directive states.

Military assistance can include loans of arms, ammunition, vessels and aircraft. The directive states clearly that it is for engaging civilians during times of unrest.

A U.S. official said the Obama administration considered but rejected deploying military force under the directive during the recent standoff with Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his armed supporters.

Mr. Bundy is engaged in a legal battle with the federal Bureau of Land Management over unpaid grazing fees. Along with a group of protesters, Mr. Bundy in April confronted federal and local authorities in a standoff that ended when the authorities backed down.

The Pentagon directive authorizes the secretary of defense to approve the use of unarmed drones in domestic unrest. But it bans the use of missile-firing unmanned aircraft.

“Use of armed [unmanned aircraft systems] is not authorized,” the directive says.

The directive was signed by then-Deputy Defense Secretary William J. Lynn. A copy can be found on the Pentagon website: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/302518p.pdf.

Muddy
05-29-2014, 05:49 PM
I cant read all that, man.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Its another loophole to allow the US military to attack US citizens

FBD
05-29-2014, 05:56 PM
I cant read all that, man.

that's why damn near every article I post up, I include the link to the article because of the shit formatting here. if you happen to see a story with links that means I pasted it into a reply field on my other forum that keeps all the links and shit, hit the change to code button, then paste here.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 06:00 PM
He just means the word count is to damn high :lol:

Muddy
05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Its another loophole to allow the US military to attack US citizens

Thanks, Cliff.

FBD
05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
He just means the word count is to damn high :lol:

Thanks, Cliff.

:razz:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 06:04 PM
http://image2.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2013-08-26/1331608395641_2/0010/1/1500/1000/2/orlando-duque-at-red-bull-cliff-diving-2013.jpg

FBD
05-29-2014, 06:08 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/30052659/Cliff+Burton.jpg

Acid Trip
05-29-2014, 06:58 PM
This is in direct violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. What the fuck does our Supreme Court do on a daily basis anyways? They should be all over this like flies on shit.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 07:02 PM
This is in direct violation of the Posse Comitatus Act. What the fuck does our Supreme Court do on a daily basis anyways? They should be all over this like flies on shit.

Thats about enforcing state laws, this is federal property/function

still BS though

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2014, 07:03 PM
This all probably started with them trying to bust people for stealing bikes.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 07:04 PM
The amount of property owned by the Federal government on the west coast is out of hand and needs to be dealt with

Muddy
05-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Eveything the Federal government "owns" is paid for by the people and stolen..

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 07:07 PM
:tup:

Acid Trip
05-29-2014, 07:31 PM

still BS though

If 3/4's of the states get together they can do just about anything, including ignoring federal law and forming a constitutional convention to replace the federal government completely.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Where do I sign?

FBD
05-29-2014, 07:53 PM

still BS though

if you read closely, the federal government isnt really entitled to "lands" out west aside from what they've agreed with states to put structures on. insofar as much of Nevada was "territories" before statehood was conferred, in conferring statehood the land was no longer a territory and no longer the fed's, it became nevada's...

....but they completely fucking ignore that.

and I dont know how it is that they get away with ignoring so much, and people just go 'meh'

PorkChopSandwiches
05-29-2014, 08:18 PM
I know, its a sad situation, but I think people are starting to finally see the light. My kids know far more about government and your rights then I ever did at their age. :tup: