PDA

View Full Version : After missing soldier's exchange for 5 Taliban, some troubling questions

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 10:27 AM
By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo News

http://i.imgur.com/sR83KzDl.jpg

President Barack Obama called the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl after five years' captivity in Afghanistan "a reminder of America’s unwavering commitment to leave no man or woman in uniform behind on the battlefield," but some of his fellow soldiers are continuing to claim he deserted his post in 2009.

Javier Ortiz, for one. The Army combat medic told the Washington Post he believes Bergdahl should be tried for desertion. Former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing, told CNN, "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

And Nathan Bradley Bethea, who served with Bergdahl, wrote that he "was a deserter, and soldiers from his own unit died trying to track him down" in a recent column for the Daily Beast.

Bergdahl was exchanged for five Taliban prisoners from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, on Saturday, after months of negotiation led by the government of Qatar. Republicans, among them specifically Sen. John McCain, questioned whether the U.S. got the best of that deal, referring to the former Gitmo detainees as the "hardest of the hard core."

The circumstances surrounding Bergdahl's capture have been murky for years. Some reports said he was captured while sitting on a makeshift latrine. Others said Bergdahl simply left his post and never returned.

There are also reports of emails Bergdahl sent to his parents before he was captured that express his disillusionment with America's presence in Afghanistan, and that he was considering deserting. Those emails were published by Rolling Stone in 2012, but could not be authenticated by the Associated Press, according to CBS News.

CNN reports that at least six soldiers lost their lives while searching for Bergdahl.

While speaking to reporters on Sunday, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel declined to comment on whether the military would pursue any disciplinary actions against Bergdahl.

"Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family," Hagel said. "Other circumstances that may develop and questions — those will be dealt with later."

perrhaps
06-03-2014, 12:21 PM
WARNING! RANT ALERT!

For 238 years, one of our country's consistent principles was that we don't negotiate with terrorists.Well, throw that out the fucking window! If President Selfie was in office during WW II, I guess he would have exchanged Goerring; Himmler and Hess straight up for Private Eddie Slovik

Turning back to the present, look folks, while I like a good ZZ Top tribute band as much as the next fellow, I'd like to punch Bob Bergdahl's teeth down his throat, and then shove printouts of his tweets to his Taliban buddies up his ass. Good thing the White House won't cancel his invitation to appear at the Rose Garden this weekend, because I'd hate to have the enemy deprived of a chance to see photos of this historic moment.

Hey, Hailey, Idaho! Hope you don't blow all the town's funds on your parade for Boyd. Maybe you can save up enough money to put wreaths on the graves of the six men who died in combat looking for a jackass who wanted to kiss and make nice with the Taliban. What's up for July? A town picnic for all local registered pedophiles? Or, maybe a statue erected for your citizenry who kick their dogs just for the hell of it?

If Bergdahl isn't court-martialed for desertion, President Selfie should at least be consistent and pardon all military personnel presently serving time for that offense. Hey, while he's at it, maybe he should raise my taxes just a little more, and pay reparations to them.

I suppose anything's possible, but for the life of me, I can't see how this situation could be any worse.

Lambchop
06-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Did the soldier's dad think growing a Muhammad beard would help release his son?

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2014, 01:02 PM
WARNING! RANT ALERT!

For 238 years, one of our country's consistent principles was that we don't negotiate with terrorists.Well, throw that out the fucking window! If President Selfie was in office during WW II, I guess he would have exchanged Goerring; Himmler and Hess straight up for Private Eddie Slovik

Turning back to the present, look folks, while I like a good ZZ Top tribute band as much as the next fellow, I'd like to punch Bob Bergdahl's teeth down his throat, and then shove printouts of his tweets to his Taliban buddies up his ass. Good thing the White House won't cancel his invitation to appear at the Rose Garden this weekend, because I'd hate to have the enemy deprived of a chance to see photos of this historic moment.

Hey, Hailey, Idaho! Hope you don't blow all the town's funds on your parade for Boyd. Maybe you can save up enough money to put wreaths on the graves of the six men who died in combat looking for a jackass who wanted to kiss and make nice with the Taliban. What's up for July? A town picnic for all local registered pedophiles? Or, maybe a statue erected for your citizenry who kick their dogs just for the hell of it?

If Bergdahl isn't court-martialed for desertion, President Selfie should at least be consistent and pardon all military personnel presently serving time for that offense. Hey, while he's added, maybe he should raise my taxes just a little more, and pay reparations to them.

I suppose anything's possible, but for the life of me, I can't see how this situation could be any worse.

I agree on every point. This fuckin' cocksucker should have been left to rot after DESERTING HIS FUCKIN' POST! Our boys lost their lives looking for this piece of shit. If this dickhead isn't court-martialed, then I'll know that this wonderful experiment called the United States of America is over. We should have never traded those terrorist dickheads for this piece of shit. If this bullshit act of cowardice doesn't tell you where the Idiot-In-Chief's intentions really lie, then I don't know what will. I put him on my death list originally as a joke, but I am so fuckin' pissed off right now about this and about one of our Marines stuck down in Mexico for making a wrong turn, and O-Dickhead not doing anything about it, I sincerely hope somebody blows this fuck nut away.

FBD
06-03-2014, 01:12 PM
you know its on purpose when just about EVERYTHING is ass backwards.

end the federal reserve and take away the government's ability to install puppet regimes and then we wont have any soldiers questioning why the fuck they're in the middle of the desert doing jack shit in the first place. if afghanistan didnt have trillions of resources underground, the government probably wouldnt have ever given a shit about them, just like if Saddam and Khadaffi never tried demanding gold for their oil, then they wouldnt have been offed by those whose entire lifeblood is the petrodollar racket.

this is all going full retard because of these underlying things.

tough to ascribe a point at which the US is or would be 'over.' was it when congress sold out their control over the treasury, was it when military spending became the most important line item not on the budget, was it....how many stock market rapings have we had now...how much gold do we have these days again, since its an outdated yellow metal that's good for nothing but electronics contacts?

I dont care what they do with this guy. I want the root cause fixed, because this is all dust blowing in the breeze.

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2014, 01:17 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 01:31 PM
All I can say is, if there is still anyone in this country that doesn't think this man is a disgrace to everything this once great country stood for, then they are living in a fantasy world with their head in the sand. Either that, or they just hate the country they live in.

I am getting to the point where I am almost ashamed to be an American because of what this man represents our country to be.

FBD
06-03-2014, 01:51 PM

:kennedy:

as if who's sitting in that chair is going to make a difference. perchance he might, he will be taken out of the equation.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 02:27 PM
By ARLETTE SAENZ - ABC News

For the first time since his Saturday speech in the Rose Garden, President Obama defended his administration's decision to secure the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl amid new questions about his capture in Afghanistan.

"Regardless of the circumstances, whatever those circumstances may turn out to be, we still get an American soldier back if he's held in captivity. True. Full stop," Obama said at a news conference at the Belweder Palace here this morning. "We don't condition that. That's what every mom and dad who sees a son or daughter sent over into war theater should expect from not just their commander in chief but the United States of America.

"The United States has always had a pretty sacred rule. And that is we don't leave our men or women in uniform behind, and that dates back to the earliest days of our revolution," he said.

The president said the administration had consulted Congress in the past about the possibility of a prisoner exchange in order for the Taliban to release Bergdahl. The administration has come under fire by lawmakers for not consulting Congress prior to the swap.

Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban June 30, 2009, after, sources say, he walked away from his remote base, leaving his weapon behind. Taliban videos soon followed, showing the desperate young soldier pleading for freedom.

That freedom came after nearly five years in captivity. The United States government agreed to a deal with the Taliban to release five prisoners held at the U.S. military facility in Guantanamo Bay in exchange for Bergdahl’s freedom.

"We saw an opportunity. We were concerned about Sergeant Bergdahl's health. We had the cooperation of the Qataris to execute an exchange, and we seized that opportunity," Obama said. "The process was truncated because we wanted to make sure we did not miss that window."

Obama acknowledged that the five Guantanamo detainees swapped for Bergdahl's release could pose a future threat to the country.

"Is there a possibility of some of them trying to return to activities that are detrimental to us? Absolutely," he said. "I wouldn't be doing it if I thought it was contrary to American national security, and we have confidence that we will be in a position to go after them if in fact they are engaging in activities threaten our defenses."

The president said the United States has not interrogated Bergdahl while he is recovering and undergoing tests after five years in captivity.

Obama is in Poland to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the country’s first, partially free elections that put an end to Communist rule. It is the first stop on his four-day European tour that will take him to Brussels, Paris and Normandy, France.

Acid Trip
06-03-2014, 02:33 PM
If I was the Taliban I'd start capturing as many soldiers as possible. Clearly they are bargaining chips for getting their high ranking terrorist buddies out of jail.

RBP
06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
The problem with Obama's logic is once he deserted he was no longer a soldier in uniform.

Acid Trip
06-03-2014, 03:31 PM
The problem with Obama's logic is once he deserted he was no longer a soldier in uniform.

The problem with your logic is your racism towards the POTUS! :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 04:30 PM
If I was the Taliban I'd start capturing as many soldiers as possible. Clearly they are bargaining chips for getting their high ranking terrorist buddies out of jail.

at a 1:5 exchange rate

RBP
06-03-2014, 05:16 PM
The problem with your logic is your racism towards the POTUS! :lol:

I have come to accept my white privileged, mysoginistic, racist existence for the pure evil I am.

FBD
06-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Obama's claim that they never leave anyone behind is rather contradicted by the Benghazi facts. Unfortunately Chris Stevens and three others were unavailable for comment. Meanwhile, we’ve got a Marine languishing in a Mexican prison and Obama hasn’t lifted a finger to help him.

http://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/dag060214.jpg

redred
06-03-2014, 06:38 PM
so you guys up to date with homeland

http://i.imgur.com/kxWvPqP.jpg

:lol:

FBD
06-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Really sad to watch Obama haters attack this kid who CHOSE to fight to protect the rest of us, just to score political points.

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) June 3, 2014

I just sent chris murphy a communication on his site and told him what a moron he is....and that he deserves to be chained to a tree in dudleytown and fuggin left there to rot.

FBD
06-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Great reporting from @JenGriffinFNC – new report: Berghdal left behind a note renouncing American citizenship…developing…—
Jenna Lee (@Jennafnc) June 03, 2014

"havent seen a trade this bad since gretzky went to the kings"

http://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/DAG060314.jpg

http://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/dag060114.jpg

RBP
06-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Obama's claim that they never leave anyone behind is rather contradicted by the Benghazi facts. Unfortunately Chris Stevens and three others were unavailable for comment. Meanwhile, we’ve got a Marine languishing in a Mexican prison and Obama hasn’t lifted a finger to help him.

http://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/dag060214.jpg

I am almost afraid to ask :lol:

What's Obama's motivation to make this seemingly awful illegal decision?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Really sad to watch Obama haters attack this kid who CHOSE to fight to protect the rest of us, just to score political points.

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) June 3, 2014

I just sent chris murphy a communication on his site and told him what a moron he is....and that he deserves to be chained to a tree in dudleytown and fuggin left there to rot.

I think it's safe to say the majority of people took exception to his tweet on this :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/EzGIh4F.png

FBD
06-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I am almost afraid to ask :lol:

What's Obama's motivation to make this seemingly awful illegal decision?

wants to stfu the VA scandal

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 07:26 PM
so you guys up to date with homeland

http://i.imgur.com/kxWvPqP.jpg

Sounds pretty familiar huh

RBP
06-03-2014, 10:03 PM

6 less guys who need the VA?

Lambchop
06-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Our politicians are so naive in appeasing fundamentalists on any level, not just with this exchange of captors.

They should make the person responsible for this type of deal read the Quran first ( the violent verses, child marriage verse, inequality verses and verses on deception in particular)

When you believe God instructed such clear injustice, violence and child abuse, there can never be peace. Only cancerous invasions of once free people can occur as a result of this text.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Or the bibles view on women as property

Lambchop
06-03-2014, 11:46 PM
It's all fucked up. I think the US has started to defy the bible by permitting gay marriage in certain parts. I hope for total detachment of religion and politics one day.

Interesting fact, the Quran instructs that as a non-Muslim you have 3 choices:

a. Convert
b. Die
c. Pay ransom to remain safe but acknowledge the superiority of Muslims

I choose option d - hydrogen bomb

Allahu Fusionbar

lost in melb.
06-04-2014, 12:52 AM
The circumstances surrounding Bergdahl's capture have been murky for years. Some reports said he was captured while sitting on a makeshift latrine. Others said Bergdahl simply left his post and never returned.

There are also reports of emails Bergdahl sent to his parents before he was captured that express his disillusionment with America's presence in Afghanistan, and that he was considering deserting. Those emails were published by Rolling Stone in 2012, but could not be authenticated by the Associated Press, according to CBS News.

It would be good to know the actual truth here

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2014, 11:12 AM
ABC News

<iframe src='http://abcnews.go.com/video/embed?id=23985443' width='640' height='360' style='border:none;'></iframe>

New video released by the Taliban reportedly shows Bowe Bergdahl during Saturday's handover in Afghanistan.

The Army Sergeant – he's been in captivity since 2009 – is seen sitting in a pickup truck, surrounded by armed guards in the foothills, his head bald. He blinks heavily, rubbing his eyes.

Helicopters circle, one of them landing. Dust kicks up.

Two guards, one holding a white flag, walk Bergdahl to a central area where the Taliban and U.S. groups meet. The men exchange handshakes and waves as Bergdahl is patted down and walked to the helicopter, returned to U.S. control after five years in captivity.

Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby told ABC News that U.S. officials are aware of the video.

"We have no reason to doubt the video's authenticity, but we are reviewing it. Regardless, we know the transfer was peaceful and successful, and our focus remains on getting Sgt. Bergdahl the care he needs," Kirby said in a statement.

The exchange is now drawing criticism and objections. As Bergdahl continues to recover following his release, the U.S. Army is preparing to re-open an investigation into his 2009 “capture.” His former Army roommate Cody Full says Bergdahl was a deserter who walked willingly into the arms of the Taliban.

“He was not captured,” Full said. “He was not forcefully taken off the base. He left by his own accord.”

Others describe Bergdahl as an idealistic young man, an athletic ballet dancer who embraced different cultures and perspectives.

“The Bowe I knew wasn’t a quitter,” said Sherry Horton, a former roommate and instructor in Idaho. “He was a wonderful partner. All the girls loved dancing with him because he was so strong and steady.”

A senior defense official says there is plenty of evidence to show that Bergdahl left the base willingly, including a note he wrote about his disillusionment with the war. Several soldiers who served with Bergdahl said he may have previously left the base unaccompanied before his disappearance.

Officials need Bergdahl’s side of the story.

Outrage continues to boil over the release of the five high-level Taliban members in exchange for Bergdahl. Sen. John McCain called the move “a mistake.”

“These are wanted war criminals,” McCain said.

A Qatari official says the deal did not include a 30-day notice to Congress, despite promises made last year. The White House was forced to call several members of Congress Tuesday to apologize for not telling them about the deal.

“It comes with some surprise and dismay that the transfers went ahead with no consultation, totally not following the law,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The White House’s decision was influenced by a video of Bergdahl released by the Taliban this year, and only seen by the U.S. government. An official tells ABC News that the once fresh-faced soldier was clearly becoming frail and disengaged, making the need to recover him more urgent.

FBD
06-04-2014, 12:07 PM
It would be good to know the actual truth here

seems to be relatively well hashed out by this point,

deserter deserts, leaves his armor and weapons behind with a note renouncing his citizenship,
taliban picks him up,
trade one loser for their 5 top guys in our captivity,
demonstrating common core is about as much math as Obama ever had

Lambchop
06-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Obama be chillin' in a luxury Polish hotel, pumpin' iron, eatin' chickens, sexxin' his young aides on the side

http://oi58.tinypic.com/dh9wqt.jpg

FBD
06-04-2014, 12:56 PM
:reggie:

perrhaps
06-04-2014, 01:11 PM

If true, he should have been careful what he wished for.

FBD
06-04-2014, 01:35 PM
when you have no clue what you're doing and you have a problem in your face, sometimes its easy to want something anything anything at all to get it away, and these fkn morons thought they would hit a home run by bringing home a soldier from captivity.

once again, never looking at any of the actual details, summary of a situation is good enough.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/l3i9QeJ.jpg

President Obama, facing rising bipartisan criticism over his handling of the Taliban-for-Bergdahl prisoner swap, dug in his heels Thursday and declared he would make "absolutely no apologies" for bringing an American soldier home -- as his administration stepped up its defense of the controversial deal.

The president fielded a question on the Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl controversy during a press conference on Thursday in Brussels, Belgium, alongside British Prime Minister David Cameron. Amid signals that the administration plans to aggressively challenge critics of the deal, the president brushed off the pushback as business as usual in Washington.

"I'm never surprised by controversies that are whipped up in Washington. That's par for the course," Obama said.

He reiterated that he was adhering to a principle that America does not leave soldiers behind.

"We had a prisoner of war whose health had deteriorated and we were deeply concerned about -- and we saw an opportunity and we seized it," he said. "And I make no apologies for that."

The comments come as those close to the negotiation process privately fume over the media firestorm that has ensued. Senior U.S. officials briefed by negotiators, in defending the controversial exchange of five high-value Taliban leaders for Bergdahl, told Fox News there are many points about the deal that need clarification.

They are trying to better explain the trade, after a briefing with senators Wednesday evening ended with lawmakers continuing to complain to the media that they had been kept in the dark.

"The White House played this so close to the vest intentionally and made a determination not to give Congress notice," Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., told Fox News.

Officials, though, say Congress was briefed in the past on this possible exchange, so any outrage from Capitol Hill that suggests they were kept completely out of the loop is disingenuous. "This was not a new deal," one official said, claiming it was essentially the same deal that was briefed to Congress in 2011 and early 2012.

However, these officials do not dispute the fact that Congress was denied a 30-day notification before releasing Guantanamo detainees. They felt more or less that congressional notification could jeopardize the unexpectedly fast-moving negotiations.

Further, a proof-of-life video from late last year that apparently fueled the case for the exchange did not necessarily demonstrate he had an acute physical illness (aside from poor nourishment). Rather, those who have seen the video described it as "disturbing" and evidence that his mental state was degenerating to a point of serious concern. For instance, he was having trouble remembering his own name.

The officials also stressed that the U.S. did not negotiate directly with the Taliban. According to well-placed sources, the U.S. has not met with the Taliban since January 2012. In March 2012, the Taliban broke off talks with the U.S.

Some of the toughest criticism in the last few days has been directed toward Bergdahl himself, amid allegations that he deliberately left his post -- putting the lives of other soldiers at risk as they went looking for him. The negotiators involved in this process say they were well aware of the circumstances in which Bergdahl disappeared. They knew about the reports that he walked off base on his own in 2009. There is a feeling among those who have worked for years on this deal that the criticism of Bergdahl's motives and his family is "reprehensible."

"No one knows what happened that night, and it didn't matter," one official close to the negotiation said. No matter his motives, the officials stressed, the Taliban treated him like a member of the U.S. military.

Officials also say no money exchanged hands as a part of this deal, as some have speculated.

Officials acknowledge the deal was by no means perfect. Those close to the negotiations say there was never any doubt that the men being released were "bad people." The question was always about whether they would pose a direct threat to the U.S. and if their return to the fight would have any dramatic effect on the Taliban's strategy in the future. The conclusion among negotiators was essentially that these men would not pose much more of a threat to U.S. national security than current Taliban leadership.

Finally, those close to the negotiations say: "There was no other viable option" to secure his release.

It's unclear whether the clarifications will do anything to calm the storm of controversy from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle. One went so far as to threaten impeachment if Obama uses this as an opening to shutter Guantanamo.

"If [President Obama] just tried to empty that jail, people would be calling for his impeachment," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said.

The trade has stirred up concerns on several fronts. Lawmakers are angry that the administration went ahead with the deal without giving Congress a 30-day notice, as required by law. Mostly, they're worried that the five Taliban leaders freed from Guantanamo Bay will return to the battlefield.

Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., said when asked if the officials thought the five released Gitmo prisoners would attack Americans, they said they did not know.

"But there will be hell to pay if we find they go on to kill Americans," Kirk said.

Obama and top officials in his administration are, in part, citing Bergdahl's deteriorating health for the decision to move forward with the trade.

This explanation, too, has divided lawmakers. Officials showed members of Congress the proof-of-life video of Bergdahl, which the Taliban had provided, in the Wednesday briefing.

Some lawmakers agreed with the administration that Bergdahl's health was noticeably worse. Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin said "he looked either drugged or sick or tired."

Others, though, have said they did not find the video compelling enough to support the administration's actions.

FBD
06-05-2014, 07:09 PM
fuck you lindsey, like you're going to wipe your vagina clean and get up off your bidet and actually do something for the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkzWyOaS8kU

Hal-9000
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM
so has it been absolutely established that he deserted? Or is that just rhetoric/supposition by some of his squad members? The guy could have been abducted if he was out taking a whiz or whatever..

if he did desert, I agree with RBP's earlier post...he was not a soldier at that point and they shouldn't have used other resources (people) to find him

DemonGeminiX
06-05-2014, 09:30 PM
No, he deserted.

There was a report not long ago saying he converted to Islam while in captivity.

And some political pundits are saying this is grounds for impeachment.

DemonGeminiX
06-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Reports say now that not only did he convert to Islam, he declared jihad on the USA and trained with his captors.

If the House does not impeach Obama...

FBD
06-06-2014, 12:48 PM
:lol: they aint gonna fuggin impeach him. it'd be one thing if common sense drove the gears, but money and political correctness drive those gears.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-06-2014, 02:29 PM
If they try to impeach him on one of many impeachable offences, its because that person is a racist

Teh One Who Knocks
06-06-2014, 02:38 PM
If they try to impeach him on one of many impeachable offences, its because that person is a racist

:klan:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-06-2014, 02:41 PM
:obama:

perrhaps
06-06-2014, 06:43 PM
The sad thing is that Obama could have increased his approval rating to over 90% if he'd just traded the entire Kardashian family to the Taliban for one deserter.

Or, for that matter, one million illegal aliens to Mexico for one Marine.

FBD
06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Just when you thought it couldnt get any more pathetic,

the Obama admin lays the blame squarely on defense secy Hagel

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/hagel-made-final-call-on-bergdahl-swap-congress-told/

80 to 90 white house staffers knew of this, but somehow Congress couldnt be trusted with the info?

beyond pathetic

perrhaps
06-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Just when you thought it couldnt get any more pathetic,

the Obama admin lays the blame squarely on defense secy Hagel

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/hagel-made-final-call-on-bergdahl-swap-congress-told/

80 to 90 white house staffers knew of this, but somehow Congress couldnt be trusted with the info?

beyond pathetic

It's always the White guy's fault.

lost in melb.
06-12-2014, 10:51 AM
seems to be relatively well hashed out by this point,

deserter deserts, leaves his armor and weapons behind with a note renouncing his citizenship,
taliban picks him up,
trade one loser for their 5 top guys in our captivity,
demonstrating common core is about as much math as Obama ever had

No, actually, that's what you are saying ;)