PDA

View Full Version : Pre-teen girls accused of stabbing slumber party friend 19 times to please mythological creature

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
By Lindsey Bever - The Washington Post

http://i.imgur.com/e6S2OYC.jpg

The prosecutor asked: “Isn’t that the worst kind of killer, the cold-blooded killer?”

“Most of the time in a crime like this, with such violence like this, there’s spur of the moment, there’s the heat of passion,” Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel told reporters, describing the weekend’s slumber party stabbing. “It’s troubling when a person lashes out in anger. It’s more troubling when they lash out in cold blood.”

He was talking about a months-long murder plot involving three 12-year-old girls — two of them the alleged attackers and one of them the victim with 19 stab wounds.

One of the 12-year-old suspects told police the two girls decided to kill their friend to honor a mythological character they read about online, the criminal complaint stated.

So, after a slumber party, the two took their friend into a wooded park in southeastern Wisconsin and distracted her with a game of hide-and-seek. One girl told the other, “go ballistic, go crazy,” the complaint said. And they allegedly stabbed the friend 19 times.

One jab missed a major artery near her heart by a millimeter, doctors told police. The victim, a girl who goes to school with the other two, was in stable condition on Monday.

The two girls were charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide on Monday in Waukesha County Circuit Court, the Associated Press reported. If convicted, each faces up to 60 years in prison. A court commissioner set bail at $500,000 cash each.

The Washington Post is not naming them because at least one of their attorneys reportedly plans to try to move her case to juvenile court, where records are private.

If either one of the girls is moved to and convicted in juvenile court, she could be held at most until she is 25 years old, Schimel told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

“It’s extremely disturbing as a parent and as chief of police,” Waukesha Police Chief Russell Jack told reporters at a news conference before the court appearances.

The girls’ attorneys did not immediately return calls seeking comment early Tuesday.

The girls invited their friend to a slumber party on Friday evening, according to news reports of the allegations. They planned to kill her during the night so they wouldn’t have to look into her eyes, one girl told police. They would duct tape her mouth, stab her in the neck and pull the covers over her to make it appear she was sleeping — and then run away, the Journal Sentinel reported. But, later that night their plans changed.

The girls allegedly decided to kill her in a park bathroom on Saturday morning. One girl told police she knew of a drain in the floor for the blood to go down. But once in the bathroom, one girl allegedly had a “nervous breakdown.” The other suggested a game.

During hide-and-seek, one girl reportedly tackled the victim and started stabbing. The Journal Sentinel reported the victim screamed: “I hate you. I trusted you.”

One girl told the victim they were going to get help — but they weren’t, the paper said.

After they left, the victim crawled out of the woods and onto a road, where a bicyclist found her, CNN reported. The complaint states the victim said: “Please help me. I’ve been stabbed.” She could only answer questions by saying “yes” or “no.”

One of the girls told a detective they were trying to become “proxies” of Slender Man, a mythological demon-like creature they read about on creepypasta.wikia.com, a Web site about horror stories and legends. One of the girls told police the character is the “leader” of Creepypasta, and in the hierarchy of that world, one must kill to prove dedication, the Journal Sentinel reported. After the slaying, the girls planned to run away to the demon’s mansion in the Nicolet National Forest in Wisconsin, the complaint said.

One girl said she sees him in her dreams. She said he can read her mind and teleport.

“Creepypasta” comes from the Internet slang term “copypasta,” a block of text that is copied and pasted on numerous sites. Its stories often include anecdotes, rituals or lost episodes of TV shows, USA Today reported. Rituals include a “list of instructions for the reader, claiming that if they go to a certain place at a certain time, and perform specific actions, something remarkable and/or horrifying will happen,” the site states.

Schimel stressed that the two suspects are innocent until proven guilty, but he told the Journal Sentinel he has never encountered allegations like this as a prosecutor.

http://i.imgur.com/yHm9rtI.jpg

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Kids don't need the internet. Fuckin' morons. I hope they get the 60 years.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Only 60 years? Fuck, give them 600 years, or even put them to death, I don't care if they are only 12. These two girls are cold blooded murderous psychopaths. They will never be contributing members of society. I know it's not a popular idea to put people under the age of 18 to death, but FFS if that was your daughter they tried to murder, what would you be feeling right now?

*Not directed at you specifically DGX, everything was meant in general terms

Goofy
06-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Death penalty :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I totally agree.

FBD
06-03-2014, 12:34 PM
ffs

deebakes
06-04-2014, 02:14 AM
apparently the didn't have enough beer or cheese :shrug:

Hal-9000
06-04-2014, 02:17 AM
Only 60 years? Fuck, give them 600 years, or even put them to death, I don't care if they are only 12. These two girls are cold blooded murderous psychopaths. They will never be contributing members of society. I know it's not a popular idea to put people under the age of 18 to death, but FFS if that was your daughter they tried to murder, what would you be feeling right now?

*Not directed at you specifically DGX, everything was meant in general terms

They planned to kill her during the night

Premeditation, planning and execution of their crime. Agree with you Lance and welcome to the Big Leagues, girls.

RBP
06-04-2014, 02:59 AM
That is such a fucked up story. I am loathe to remand a 12 year old to life in the system, but I am not sure how you come to any other conclusion.

Lambchop
06-04-2014, 03:26 AM
From what I've read-

Their school gave them unmonitored access to the internet on iPads. The young girls then came across this (http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Slender_Man) website and believed Slender Man to be a real creature, hoping they would meet him if they sacrificed their friend and that he would take them away to live in his magical land.

I dunno, it's all just too fucked up.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-04-2014, 04:38 AM
we need to lay real blame on real people, in our country we like to blame everyone but the culprit

RBP
06-04-2014, 11:08 AM
we need to lay real blame on real people, in our country we like to blame everyone but the culprit

I agree, but we also pick and choose. Who should be imprisoned for what and for how long is debated here regularly.

I am not taking a position when I say this: A 12 year old can't form consent for sex, can't be held accountable for signing a contract, but we seem to say they are adults for this crime. I am simply pointing out that we do draw lines and we do make judgement calls when it comes to children and the mentally ill.

Lambchop
06-04-2014, 11:49 AM
And if the parents restricted their internet use at home but then the school let them browse without any supervision, I would take issue with that if I had kids. Not trying to push the blame onto the school but their unmonitored iPad scheme wouldn't fly with me.

My kids would only be able to use 30 minutes of internet each day with my direct supervision, until they turn 18. At that point, they can meatspin and lemonparty all they want. I know what lurks on teh internetz.