PDA

View Full Version : Woman dubbed China's 'human kebab' after falling 20ft onto a steel rod which ran through the entire length of her body (and somehow survived)

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2014, 11:29 AM
By Leon Watson - The Daily Mail

A woman has been dubbed 'the human kebab' after she survived being skewered by a steel rod through the entire length of her body.

Wu Xingxian, 42, was working at a construction site in Duchang county in south China's Jiangxi province when a wooden plank on which she was standing broke.

She fell 20ft on to a steel rod below that penetrated through her left thigh, went through her stomach and chest and exited at her neck.

http://i.imgur.com/buJiwz7.png

'I didn't know a steel road had gone into my body. I just felt there was something on my neck and I tried to touch it.

'When people told me a steel rod had gone right through me, I didn't dare move any more and I felt quite scared. I thought I was going to die.' Wu said.

She was rushed to the No. 1 People's Hospital in the city of Jiujiang.

According to the doctor, Yuan Xiangyang, the two metre-long steel rod had penetrated almost the whole length of Wu's body.

http://i.imgur.com/uHiqSPj.jpg

He said: 'It looked pretty bleak, the rod had caused severe internal damage and was also right next to her heart.'

By the time she reached the hospital, Wu had lapsed into a coma, which was a good thing according to the doctor.

'If there had been any movement, the patient's arteries would likely break and the patient would die instantly from massive blood loss.'

He led a team of surgeons in a five hour operation to remove the rod from her body. If she avoids infection, she should make a full recovery.

Dr Yuan added: 'This should by rights have been a fatal injury. I would not have expected her to live through it, but luckily she did. She is an extraordinary woman.'

Goofy
06-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I bet that hurt :-k Did they put chilli sauce on it?

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Ow...

Goofy
06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Ow...

I know, kebeb with no chilli sauce :yuck:

deebakes
06-04-2014, 02:17 AM
sum ting wong :shock:

Hal-9000
06-04-2014, 02:18 AM
I bet that hurt :-k Did they put chilli sauce on it?

Ow...

I know, kebeb with no chilli sauce :yuck:

holy twat are you ever a twat :lol:

Hal-9000
06-04-2014, 02:19 AM
sum ting wong :shock:

Szechuan skewers :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-04-2014, 04:41 AM
chop stick