PDA

View Full Version : Reset the Net

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 07:43 PM
The campaign to combat spying programs like those used by the NSA, Reset the Net is calling for a day of action this Thursday, June 5, and some popular websites are heeding the call.

Sites such as Reddit and Imgur will feature splash screens on their sites similar to those used to protest SOPA. According to the Guardian, these splash screens will differ from the SOPA protests sites by encouraging users to download encryption and privacy tools rather than call their congressmen.

The Reset the Net campaign is offering a privacy pack of privacy software compatible with computers, tablets, and mobile phones everywhere. Part of the pack includes software to use The Onion Router, or TOR, for web browsers, and the apps Textsecure and Redphone which enable private SMS messages and calls.

Apart from websites and citizens of the internet, the ACLU, Libertarian Party, and Amnesty International are amongst many real world organizations helping to sponsor this day of action.

Michael Kieschink, CEO of CREDO Mobile, one of the sponsor companies of Reset the Net, told Wired, “until we win real reform, we will encourage users to adopt encryption tools to protect their personal communications from government abuse of the 1st and 4th amendment.”

Hal-9000
06-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll just hit the darknet for a few hours...:shifty:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 08:00 PM
forever

Hal-9000
06-03-2014, 08:49 PM
lotsa free stuff there...although some of the downloads are like a 10 buck crack whore in Vegas at 4am....you never know what yer gonna get

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Well it is only $10

Hal-9000
06-03-2014, 08:56 PM
valid point

So are you going to install software from those sites with the hope of stopping the NSA spycrapola?

Lambchop
06-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I've used TOR a couple of times to browse silkroad. Pretty good but apparently the feds know how to track you using it.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2014, 10:05 PM
I have tor as well, its just so slow