PDA

View Full Version : Texas mom burning mad over school’s sunscreen ban

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2014, 11:27 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/PJMjgj6.jpg

A Texas mom is angry over a school ban on sunscreen that she says led to her daughter getting a severe sunburn during a field trip.

The North East Independent School District has the restriction because it considers sunscreen toxic, and fears kids will eat it, parent Christy Riggs, of San Antonio, told Fox News.

“The reality is: Children don’t eat sunscreen and they’re not going to,” Riggs said.

School district spokeswoman Aubrey Chancellor told ABC News that allergic reactions to sunscreen are one of the numerous reasons the district does not allow sunblock in its 72 schools.

“We don’t want students sharing sunscreen,” Chancellor told the station. “If students get it in their eyes or react badly to the sunscreen it can be quite serious.”

The district treats sunscreen as a medicine, Chancellor said, and requires a doctor’s note to apply it at school.

Riggs, whose father died of skin cancer this year, says the ban is hurting the schoolchildren.

“We want to teach our children to eat healthier, yet we have them outside and let them burn,” Riggs said.

“I’m not saying all children should be required to bring sunscreen,” Riggs said. “But skin cancer is on the rise and reapplying at school shouldn’t be an issue.”

According to KCTV 5, Chancellor said parents who know their children may be outdoors should send them to school fully covered in sunscreen.

Officials at Northeast ISD said they review policies every year and may revisit the sunscreen ban.

deebakes
06-09-2014, 11:07 PM
:facepalm:

Muddy
06-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Wow.. But really, dont send your kid on the field trip with these idiotic policies in place.. It's probably driven by a heavy hispanic population or someone non-white in a position where they can covertly abuse us.

deebakes
06-09-2014, 11:35 PM
my son stayed overnight at his friends over the weekend to celebrate school finishing for the year. That kid has a pool, so they played out in it almost the entire time. My kid came back pretty red, but we forget to send him with sunscreen.

his friend is indian (dot, not feather) so the parents didn't even think to put on sunscreen :lol:

Hugh_Janus
06-09-2014, 11:44 PM
my son stayed overnight at his friends over the weekend to celebrate school finishing for the year. That kid has a pool, so they played out in it almost the entire time. My kid came back pretty red, but we forget to send him with sunscreen.

his friend is indian (dot, not feather) so the parents didn't even think to put on sunscreen :lol:

child abuse!! :x

Muddy
06-10-2014, 12:06 AM

My kids are blond haired blue eyed.. We never forget lotion.. :lol:

deebakes
06-10-2014, 12:25 AM
frickin' aryans :lol:

Lambchop
06-10-2014, 12:45 AM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vbwg3r.jpg

deebakes
06-10-2014, 01:28 AM
shopped :hand:

Lambchop
06-10-2014, 01:38 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/okv3gg.jpghttp://i61.tinypic.com/261ks29.jpg

Lambchop
06-10-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm trying to freak Muddy out, help me out here fs [-(

Muddy
06-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Freaks in no way freak me out.. :)

deebakes
06-10-2014, 02:15 AM
those are actually probably muddy's own kids :shrug:

deebakes
06-10-2014, 02:16 AM
he does have the jungle fever after all :-k

Muddy
06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
They say its all pink inside yo.

Goofy
06-10-2014, 12:48 PM
“If students get it in their eyes or react badly to the sunscreen it can be quite serious.”

Yeah, that sounds far worse than skin cancer right enough :-k

Acid Trip
06-10-2014, 01:04 PM
I know that part of San Antonio well. My high school used to whip that ass in sports. If you are curious the Northeast ISD is in the most liberal area of San Antonio. It's where all the liberals hide from the Mexican population. Well, there and Alamo Heights.

My daughter has red hair and blue eyes. Her highly paid, heavily conservative teachers (private school daycare) cover her in sunscreen from head to toe and we couldn't be happier.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I know that part of San Antonio well. My high school used to whip that ass in sports. If you are curious the Northeast ISD is in the most liberal area of San Antonio. It's where all the liberals hide from the Mexican population. Well, there and Alamo Heights.

So I guess their Mexican restaurants suck ass too.

Acid Trip
06-10-2014, 02:01 PM
So I guess their Mexican restaurants suck ass too.

Compared to the South side yeah, they suck real bad.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
'Cause there's no Mexicans running them.

:lol:

Hal-9000
06-10-2014, 10:37 PM
this is beyond stupid...like Muddy and others mention, me and my brother and sister are fair skinned, blonde hair...we should have been dipped in sunscreen back in the day for school outings

Muddy
06-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I had some Mexican food in Houston and wasnt impressed..

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 03:34 PM
I had some Mexican food in Houston and wasnt impressed..

Houston is the arm pit of Texas.

KevinD
06-11-2014, 03:52 PM
San Antonio is the armpit, :lol:
El Paso is the buthole

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 03:56 PM
San Antonio is the armpit, :lol:
El Paso is the buthole

:lol:

DFW is the head, San Antonio is the penis, Austin the belly button, and Houston is DEFINITELY the armpit.

Hal-9000
06-11-2014, 04:08 PM
could we please have a helpful graphic illustrating these various body parts? :lol:

Muddy
06-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I thought San Antonio wasnt too bad..?

KevinD
06-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Actually, all my life, I've heard Port Arthur referred to as "the armpit of Texas"
i'll agree that Austin is the bellybutton, esp when it comes to contemplating one's navel.

Muddy (et al) DFW (Dallas/FtWorth), Houston, and San Antonio are the biggest "rival" in the state. It's all just friendly BS until somebody pulls out the guns, :lol:

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Actually, all my life, I've heard Port Arthur referred to as "the armpit of Texas"
i'll agree that Austin is the bellybutton, esp when it comes to contemplating one's navel.

Muddy (et al) DFW (Dallas/FtWorth), Houston, and San Antonio are the biggest "rival" in the state. It's all just friendly BS until somebody pulls out the guns, :lol:

And we only do that to out of staters :D

KevinD
06-12-2014, 12:30 AM
Shh, out of staters (or more commonly, Snowbirds) only get a rope. :lol: