PDA

View Full Version : LOL of the week: Hillary claims she and Bill were broke when they got out of the white house

FBD
06-09-2014, 03:00 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/09/hillary_clinton_we_came_out_of_the_white_house_dea d_broke.html

DIANE SAWYER, ABC NEWS: It has been reported you've made $5 million making speeches, the president's made more than $100 million.

HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes, and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

SAWYER: But do you think Americans will understand five times the median income in this country for one speech?

CLINTON: Well, let me put it this way, I thought making speeches for money was a much better thing than getting connected with any one group or company as so many people who leave public life do.

---------------
Sure sure, they went into the white house dead broke, they exited the white house dead broke, they had problems getting mortgages for all the houses and properties they bought up....seriously, she must think the american public is utterly fkn stupid.

perrhaps
06-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Psst. She's right.

Acid Trip
06-09-2014, 04:02 PM
HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses (plural), for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes (taxes are too damn high eh? wonder how that happened), and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

Pony
06-09-2014, 04:22 PM
If I made 2.6 million last year and spent 2.61 million I could say I'm broke and in debt too.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2014, 04:24 PM
She is so clear and concise in her speech

FBD
06-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Psst. She's right.

I see what you did there. We all know they're morally broke, too 8-[

perrhaps
06-09-2014, 06:30 PM
I see what you did there. We all know they're morally broke, too 8-[

I was referring to your comment at the end of the original post.

Lambchop
06-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Don't ex-presidents get paid a shitload to do speeches around the world?

^ Should have read the post hoho

FBD
06-09-2014, 08:02 PM
yeah they do, and apparently hildabeast forgot that not only did they already purchase their NY house to set up her NY senate bid before billy boy was out of office, but fkn chelsea was also already enrolled and attending stamford by that time, too...

so once again, nothing but lies out of her mouth.

and please, some bank isnt going to give the fkn CLINTONS a loan??

the media sucks. (hillary's dick)

perrhaps
06-09-2014, 08:14 PM
yeah they do, and apparently hildabeast forgot that not only did they already purchase their NY house to set up her NY senate bid before billy boy was out of office, but fkn chelsea was also already enrolled and attending stamford by that time, too...

so once again, nothing but lies out of her mouth.

and please, some bank isnt going to give the fkn CLINTONS a loan??

the media sucks. (hillary's dick)

So, all in all, it seems you're not very fond of her.

Acid Trip
06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Lying ass bitch got caught in a self inflicted whopper of a lie!

By KENDALL BREITMAN | 6/10/14 7:25 AM EDT Updated: 6/10/14 9:20 AM EDT

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday moved to contain the fallout from her comment that she and Bill Clinton were “dead broke” when they left the White House.

“Let me just clarify that I fully appreciate how hard life is for so many Americans today,” Clinton said on “Good Morning America” in an interview with Robin Roberts. “Bill and I were obviously blessed. We worked hard for everything we got in our lives and we continue to work hard, and we’ve been blessed in the last 14 years. So for me it’s just a reality what we faced when he got out of the White House, it meant that we just had to keep working really hard.”

Clinton’s comments about her financial situation came after she told Diane Sawyer on ABC on Monday night, “We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt ….We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea’s education. You know, it was not easy.”

(Earlier on POLITICO: Hillary Clinton: 'We struggled' after White House)

Those comments touched off a backlash that she was out of touch with average Americans. The Clintons have earned tens of millions of dollars since leaving the White House, largely through lucrative book deals and speaking fees.

On Tuesday, Hillary Clinton said, “I can understand the reaction, but I think that in life things need to be put into context and as I recall we were something like $12 million in debt…So we understand what that struggle is because we had student loans, both of us, that we had to pay off. We’ve had to work hard.”

She didn’t repeat the words “dead broke.”

“We have a life experience that is clearly different in very dramatic ways from many Americans, but we also have gone through some of the same challenges as many people have,” Clinton said. “I worry a lot about people I know personally and people in this country who don’t have the same opportunities that we’ve been given.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/hillary-clinton-dead-broke-107641.html#ixzz34G6xe0DJ

perrhaps
06-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Vince Foster would be sooooo proud.

Noilly Pratt
06-10-2014, 05:44 PM
I read that Bill got $13.4 million last year for public speaking alone, so I think that 12 mil debt was a momentary blip. Hardly like the debt hole that many Americans are in.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
It must have been so tough

Hal-9000
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses (plural), for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes (taxes are too damn high eh? wonder how that happened), and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

You emboldened the word that caught my eye too...hard to feel sorry for people with multiple residences and fleets of cars...

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2014, 10:40 PM
So, all in all, it seems you're not very fond of her.

If you asked all his girlfriends and flings, you'd probably find out that Bill isn't either.