PDA

View Full Version : Parents of 210lb boy, 11, arrested for neglect in England

Teh One Who Knocks
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/sCdAcWD.jpg

Police in Norfolk, England arrested the parents of an 11-year-old boy who weighs 210 pounds on charges of neglect.

The man and woman, who have not been identified, were interviewed by police on the grounds of child cruelty because their son is obese, Sky News reported.

The unnamed boy is five feet, one inch tall with a body mass index of 41.9, which classifies him as obese.

The child's mother argued that the family is predisposed to obesity and claimed she had been trying to get her son to exercise by encouraging him to play more active video games.

"The idea they could take away my son scares me so much,” the mother told Britain’s Sun newspaper.

"His weight isn't that much of a big deal. I'm chubby and the whole of my husband's side of the family is big. It's genetics - you can be genetically fat," she said.

Police have defended the controversial move to arrest the parents, saying officers from their child abuse investigation team worked closely with health and social services to deal with "sensitive issues such as obesity and neglect of a child."

"While it is inappropriate to comment on this case specifically, it is important to stress that intervention at this level is very rare and will only occur where other attempts to protect the child have been unsuccessful," a police spokesman said.

Police arrested the parents after doctors at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn raised concerns with officers after treating the boy.

Goofy
06-10-2014, 12:29 PM
she had been trying to get her son to exercise by encouraging him to play more active video games.

:-s How about getting the fat fucker outdoors playing sports instead of letting him sit on his fat ass indoors!

Hal-9000
06-10-2014, 10:49 PM
he must have the same computer games as me...

weightlifting sim
jogging sim
yoga sim

feel the buuurn! :tup:

deebakes
06-10-2014, 11:07 PM
wii sports isn't active :lol:

Muddy
06-10-2014, 11:08 PM
The kid obviously doesn't process food like a normal person.. Me and my kids all could eat 24/7 and never get that proportionately large.. We'd just shit out what our bodies didnt want..

Hugh_Janus
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
The kid obviously doesn't process food like a normal person.. Me and my kids all could eat 24/7 and never get that proportionately large.. We'd just shit out what our bodies didnt want..

I bet you would if you ate pie and chips every day like these fuckers probably do. I don't understand how the parents think nothing's wrong when their 11 year old kid weighs more than a decent size man. Id stop feeding the fucker burgers for breakfast for a start. I never knew any fat kids when I was 11

Lambchop
06-11-2014, 12:10 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/1086xz8.jpg

Kid needs help. He's still young enough not to have loose skin when he loses the weight.

Muddy
06-11-2014, 01:01 AM
I bet you would if you ate pie and chips every day like these fuckers probably do. I don't understand how the parents think nothing's wrong when their 11 year old kid weighs more than a decent size man. Id stop feeding the fucker burgers for breakfast for a start. I never knew any fat kids when I was 11

Yeah but we dont know if thats the case here.. People do process differently.

Lambchop
06-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Some conditions do lead to excessive weight, such as Cushing's syndrome. Hope that kid gets things sorted out, even if it is just a case of diet and exercise. Secondary school and college will be difficult at that build.

BTW that's him in my previous post. They blurred his face under child privacy laws I think.

deebakes
06-11-2014, 03:32 AM
i don't even weigh 210 pounds now :shrug:

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Me either and I'm 6'4"

Hal-9000
06-11-2014, 03:07 PM
I was 215 and went down to 199 because of some minor dental stuff..

I agree with Muddy. We're predisposed to certain sizes, it's in the genes....yes large people can diet and ramp up the exercise but the plain truth is that we all have different furnaces inside, different size bone structures and different genetic markers that tell the cells to produce X amount of fat and muscle..

Hugh_Janus
06-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah but we dont know if thats the case here.. People do process differently.

yes, people do process foods differently, but then you adjust t your diet and lifesyle accordingly. I would also put money on saying these people eat unhealthily because most people do these days. I'm lucky because I can eat as much as I want of anything I want and not put weight on, but if I couldn't do that, I wouldn't eat as much shit

Lambchop
06-11-2014, 07:49 PM
It's hard to look at that picture and associate the body with an 11 year old boy. It's the body I'd imagine a really butch lesbian would have

redred
06-11-2014, 08:43 PM

just checked i'm 188 lbs at 5'10 over weight but stuck for ages and really don't care

Hal-9000
06-11-2014, 08:58 PM
just checked i'm 188 lbs at 5'10 over weight but stuck for ages and really don't care

just think...with ears you'd be 195 :tup:

redred
06-11-2014, 09:30 PM
:fu:

Hal-9000
06-11-2014, 09:35 PM
:giggle: