PDA

View Full Version : Parents Outraged Over Pictures Used In Sex Education Class

Teh One Who Knocks
06-10-2014, 11:12 AM
By Dominic Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/VGwhDtP.jpg

Parents are furious over a California middle school’s decision to include inappropriate pictures in a sex education lesson.

The slideshow, according to ABC 15 News, talked about “10 Conception Myths” in an effort to debunk common false ideas about getting pregnant. One of the images included a picture of a man on all fours with a woman standing on top of him in an effort to relay the message that a woman can still get pregnant if she’s on top. Another image showed a group of young guys with the caption “douche bag” to assist in acknowledging that douching can’t stop pregnancy. A third picture even showed a man with blood on his face along with the caption, “A real man loves his woman every day of the month.”

In response to the slide show, parents expressed their outrage and said that the pictures were inappropriate.

"This is horrific. This is unacceptable material," said one parent. “That's something you can't unsee. This is definitely more than R-rated. This is X-rated.”

The CEO of Mountain Empire Family Medicine, the organization that put the presentation together, released a statement following the outrage.

“We understand and appreciate that some members of our community have voiced concern about a sex education presentation delivered by Mountain Health to Pine Valley Middle School,” said CEO Judi Shaplin. “Our organization responded to a specific request by the Mountain Empire School District for this presentation. Mountain Health recognizes the sensitivity of such material and worked actively with the school district to assure that all information was pre-screened and approved prior to presentation. We work closely with schools in our region to help all community members stay informed on health issues. We are reviewing the content of the presentation with a special attention to the specific images that have concerned some parents.”

Despite outrage from parents, the district superintendent, Dr. Kathy Granger, says they approved the slideshow and maintains that the presentation is “factually and medically accurate.”

"We will continue to review materials and collaborate with Mountain Health to ensure that the instruction that is delivered is age appropriate with an emphasis on abstinence as the best way to prevent pregnancy and HIV/Aids infection,” continued Granger.

The presentation has now reportedly been modified for future sex education classes.

http://i.imgur.com/Z14POsF.jpg

Goofy
06-10-2014, 12:27 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
06-10-2014, 10:47 PM
I wonder if we could show a nude woman sitting down. These are her breasts (pointing marker) She slowly spreads her legs and exposes her vulva..This is her vagina.

Do the same thing with a man....

explain that a man and woman's sexual organs may look different that yours right now...and there will be hair.

Then show a man laying on top of a woman, close up side camera angle and show him inserting his penis into her vagina...then pull back and show them hugging/kissing and explain that when two adults are in love, this is how they make babies.

I guess then we'd have the gay coalition up in arms but I think the method above while shocking for younger eyes, is 1000 times better than them hearing from Little Jimmy that when a man puts his dick in a woman's ass, she gets pregnant :lol:

deebakes
06-10-2014, 11:07 PM
:rofl: