PDA

View Full Version : Mosul Seized: Jihadis Loot $429m from City's Central Bank to Make Isis World's Richest Terror Force

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2014, 06:47 PM
The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has become the richest terror group ever after looting 500 billion Iraqi dinars - the equivalent of $429m (£256m) - from Mosul's central bank, according to the regional governor.

Nineveh governor Atheel al-Nujaifi confirmed Kurdish televison reports that Isis militants had stolen millions from numerous banks across Mosul. A large quantity of gold bullion is also believed to have been stolen.

Following the siege of the country's second city, the bounty collected by the group has left it richer than al-Qaeda itself and as wealthy as small nations such as Tonga, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands and the Falkland Islands.

Richest Terror Factions in the World (as of 2011)

1) Taliban - $70m - $400m
2) Hezbollah $200m - $500m ($120m from Iran)
3) Farc - $80m - $350m
4) Hamas - $70m
5) Al-Shabaab - $70m - 100m

Source: Money Jihad

The financial assets that Isis now possess are likely to worsen the Iraqi governement's struggle to defeat the insurgency, which is aimed at creating an Islamic state across the Syrian-Iraqi border.

The Islamist militants took control of Mosul after hundreds of its fighters overwhelmed government military forces in a lightening attack on Monday, forcing up to 500,000 people to flee the city and Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki to call a national state of emergency.

The militants freed up to 1,000 inmates from Mosul's central prison, according to senior police officials. They are also in control of Mosul airport and local television stations.

They also seized considerable amounts of US-supplied military hardware. Photos have already emerged of Isis parading captured Humvees in neighbouring Syria where they are also waging war against President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

The US State Department has released a statement saying that it is "deeply concerned" by the Islamist militants' siege of Mosul.

"The situation remains extremely serious. Senior U.S. officials in both Washington and Baghdad are tracking events closely in coordination with the Government of Iraq," the statement read.

"The United States stands with the Iraqi people," it continued.

Mosul

Mosul lies in northern Iraq near the Syrian border.
Isis captured the city Falluja, 40 miles west of Baghdad, in January and currently controls large swathes of northern Iraq.

The Iraqi government has launched a number of failed assaults on the city leaving hopes of retaking Mosul slim.

An Iraqi army officer told the Independent: "We can't beat them."

"They're trained in street fighting and we're not. We need a whole army to drive them out of Mosul. They're like ghosts; they appear to hit and disappear within seconds."

RBP
06-11-2014, 07:13 PM
This is just beyond my comprehension. I am really pissed off about it.

Lambchop
06-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Allahu Lootbar

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2014, 07:17 PM
This is just beyond my comprehension. I am really pissed off about it.

We destabilized Iraq, and now we have a terror group who has taken hold of the 2nd largest city and stole a half billions to fund itself. :tup: Thanks America

DemonGeminiX
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yVxbsHR.jpg

FBD
06-11-2014, 07:36 PM
We destabilized Iraq, and now we have a terror group who has taken hold of the 2nd largest city and stole a half billions to fund itself. :tup: Thanks America
I wonder if it was worth it to make sure the oil was sold in exchange for dollars instead of letting saddam trade it for gold...sure saddam was a bastard, but he was only set for removal for going against the petrodollar racket and most certainly not for brutalizing his citizens.

Hugh_Janus
06-11-2014, 07:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yVxbsHR.jpg

but what about the oil?

also, :popcorn:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2014, 07:39 PM
I wonder if it was worth it to make sure the oil was sold in exchange for dollars instead of letting saddam trade it for gold...sure saddam was a bastard, but he was only set for removal for going against the petrodollar racket and most certainly not for brutalizing his citizens.

All this AFTER we put him in power :lol;

FBD
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
right, we expect puppets to keep on puppeting and not wake up and realize one day they are really getting the shitty end of the stick, that was why saddam wanted gold

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Who was it that wanted to expedite our exit from Iraq against the advice of his top generals?

FBD
06-11-2014, 08:04 PM
of course obama fkd up...and made things worse with the exit strategy...

...but the biggest thing that killed an easy exit was the complete folly of dismantling the iraqi army for fear there might be a handful of saddam loyalists still hanging around...

Muddy
06-11-2014, 08:15 PM

Exactly.. The whole middle east was more stable when Saddam ran Iraq.. George Bush you fuggin dolt..

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Exactly.. The whole middle east was more stable when Saddam ran Iraq.. George Bush you fuggin dolt..

I seem to remember Congress and a majority of the US population backing the invasion at the time.

Muddy
06-11-2014, 08:24 PM
I seem to remember Congress and a majority of the US population backing the invasion at the time.

I also remember it being a HUGE fight that we almost lost all our allies in the process also. The whole thing was a sham and George Bush pressed ahead for things that other countries slap us in the face with weekly.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Thats part of it, but we have people in power in bed with these idiots since back in the 70's

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I also remember it being a HUGE fight that we almost lost all our allies in the process also. The whole thing was a sham and George Bush pressed ahead for things that other countries slap us in the face with weekly.

Then we'll just have to blame everyone who voted for Bush, myself included. But who were our other options? Gore and Kerry.

Based on the information before us I think having Bush as president, with all his flaws and poor decisions, was still a better choice/outcome than if Gore or Kerry had been in office.

Muddy
06-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Then we'll just have to blame everyone who voted for Bush, myself included. But who were our other options? Gore and Kerry.

Based on the information before us I think having Bush as president, with all his flaws and poor decisions, was still a better choice/outcome than if Gore or Kerry had been in office.

I dunno.. We'll never know.. Gore did win the popular vote.. If Bush hadn't won we may not have ever seen Obama.. I blame a lot of the reason he (Obama) got into office was because of the utter quagmire mess Bush made in Iraq..

Acid Trip
06-11-2014, 09:38 PM
I dunno.. We'll never know.. Gore did win the popular vote.. If Bush hadn't won we may not have ever seen Obama.. I blame a lot of the reason he (Obama) got into office was because of the utter quagmire mess Bush made in Iraq..

I agree on all points. Bush left a sour taste in most everyone's mouth and that was a blessing for Democrats.

I'm still to this day surprised that Hillary didn't get the nomination. The day she lost was the day I learned the Clinton political machine wasn't as awesome sauce as everyone said it was.

Muddy
06-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I cant beleive no one has posted the Eric Cantor story speak speaking of supposed awesome sauce.. That was a huge huge upset yesterday. (He's our local rep)

RBP
06-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Who was it that wanted to expedite our exit from Iraq against the advice of his top generals?

of course obama fkd up...and made things worse with the exit strategy...

...but the biggest thing that killed an easy exit was the complete folly of dismantling the iraqi army for fear there might be a handful of saddam loyalists still hanging around...

Is that your take... we dismantled the army and left too quickly? Perhaps both contributed...

I just can't get my head around how, after all those years in development, throwing unfathomable dollars into training and arming the security forces, that they simply quit? Walked away? Didn't fight? Lacked resources, equipment and food?

Seriously, how the fuck did this happen? And from what I can tell, this was done with a small force and small arms. It wasn't like some highly organize army, and yet they basically ran rampant until they got within 2 hours of Baghdad. If my rough calculations are anywhere close, they took over almost 200 miles of territory and 2 major cities.

Again, how in the fuck??

And does anyone think the US can avoid an immediate military response?

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2014, 01:51 AM
The problem is the Iraqi people don't consider themselves "The Iraqi People". They're not a people of a nation, they're a people of tribes: Sunni, Shi'ite, etc etc etc. They're loyal to their tribes. Any terrorist group based around a certain ideology is going to cause division in the Iraqi military. The troops that share their denominational beliefs will not fight against them. Then you'll have troops turning against each other. It's still a mentality of the Dark Ages over there. It was folly to believe we could get them to transcend that line of thinking.

We need a time machine to go back to kill Mohammed before he ever became an adult.

Lambchop
06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRRAi-XC8xw

RBP
06-12-2014, 02:04 AM
The problem is the Iraqi people don't consider themselves "The Iraqi People". They're not a people of a nation, they're a people of tribes: Sunni, Shi'ite, etc etc etc. They're loyal to their tribes. Any terrorist group based around a certain ideology is going to cause division in the Iraqi military. The troops that share their denominational beliefs will not fight against them. Then you'll have troops turning against each other. It's still a mentality of the Dark Ages over there. It was folly to believe we could get them to transcend that line of thinking.

We need a time machine to go back to kill Mohammed before he ever became an adult.

That's interesting, I'll be curious to see if that played a part. I haven't heard of this group being aligned with Iraqi ethnic divisions, but rather focused on establishing a extremely hard line Islamist state covering Iraq and Syria.

The reports I read talked about poor morale, lack of supplies, and a simple unwillingness to fight. I remember they did they same thing when our troops arrived. Reports talked about the Republican Guard surprisingly simply surrendering en masse and not fighting.

Man... we have to go back in, right?

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2014, 02:07 AM
I don't imagine Obama will go back in. He's proven himself to be a lying pussy already, five times over plus. He's going to try to maintain the facade that they're still in control so he doesn't have to eat crow on another fucked up bullshit promise/declaration. Obama, the ostrich with his head in the sand.

Muddy
06-12-2014, 02:09 AM
That's interesting, I'll be curious to see if that played a part. I haven't heard of this group being aligned with Iraqi ethnic divisions, but rather focused on establishing a extremely hard line Islamist state covering Iraq and Syria.

The reports I read talked about poor morale, lack of supplies, and a simple unwillingness to fight. I remember they did they same thing when our troops arrived. Reports talked about the Republican Guard surprisingly simply surrendering en masse and not fighting.

Man... we have to go back in, right?

Why? To wait for the next coup? Get the fuck out of there and drone strike them if they cause us trouble.. You cant change these people, they are not like us..

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2014, 02:11 AM
I'd be all for mass genocide if history wouldn't paint us worse than Hitler and the Nazis. Unfortunately, that's exactly what would happen.

To end all of this, we'd have to hunt down every terrorist cell with impunity, and every person that supports them, and kill them all, basic human rights be damned.

Muddy
06-12-2014, 02:13 AM
I'd be all for mass genocide if history wouldn't paint us worse than Hitler and the Nazis. Unfortunately, that's exactly what would happen.

To end all of this, we'd have to hunt down every terrorist cell with impunity, and every person that supports them, and kill them all, basic human rights be damned.

:lol: no dude, just leave them alone..

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2014, 02:15 AM
It'll never end if we leave them alone. We're already the great Satan to them. They'd never let it go. They would continue to test us over and over and over again. Every cheek turned would be a moral victory to embolden their resolve even more. The only way to end it would be to end them.

Lambchop
06-12-2014, 02:22 AM
The book, which is the supposed word of God through the angel Gabriel to Muhammad, says to attack non Muslims unless they convert, die or pay a ransom. If someone believes God told them this, will they ever really listen to rationality over it?

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Don't forget the ex-American base they just took full of weapons and tanks we "left behind"

RBP
06-12-2014, 03:42 AM
Why? To wait for the next coup? Get the fuck out of there and drone strike them if they cause us trouble.. You cant change these people, they are not like us..

To fix what we apparently fucked up.

The book, which is the supposed word of God through the angel Gabriel to Muhammad, says to attack non Muslims unless they convert, die or pay a ransom. If someone believes God told them this, will they ever really listen to rationality over it?

I don't believe the Quran means that except to those who pervert it.

Don't forget the ex-American base they just took full of weapons and tanks we "left behind"

This is bad. Really bad. And I want to understand it.

Loser
06-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Time for gas to hit 5$ a gallon again.

RBP
06-12-2014, 03:48 AM

As if anyone in DC gives a flying fuck about gas prices. They're trying to eliminate coal power plants for fucks sake.

RBP
06-12-2014, 03:58 AM
US promises to stand by Iraq, offers support to combat militants

Washington: Washington vowed Wednesday to boost aid to Iraq and is mulling drone strikes amid fears Iraqi forces are crumbling in face of militants increasingly emboldened since the US withdrawal. Iraqi officials have already privately asked the US to consider sending in drones to root out militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), who in a lightning offensive have seized a swathe of the north. The request has been turned down in the past, but Washington is now weighing possibilities for more military assistance to Baghdad, including drone strikes, a US official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Resorting to such aircraft -- which remain highly controversial in Afghanistan and Pakistan -- would mark a dramatic shift in the US engagement in Iraq, after the last American troops pulled out in late 2011. "The United States has been fast to provide necessary support for the people and government of Iraq," National Security Advisor Susan Rice told a Washington think-tank. "We are working together to roll back aggression and counter the threat" posed by ISIL to Iraq and the region, Rice said. But she insisted the US "must do more to strengthen our partners' capacity to defeat the terrorist threat on their home turf by providing them the necessary training, equipment and support."

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki stressed there were no current plans to send US troops back to Iraq, where around 4,500 Americans died in the eight-year conflict. She also denied the offensive, in which the militants seized northern Mosul and then Tikrit, had caught Washington by surprise or marked a failure of US policy in the country it invaded in 2003.

The United States has repeatedly warned of the dangers of ISIL and has already expedited arms shipments to Iraq this year and ramped up training for Iraqi security forces. White House spokesman Jay Carney said the US would "stand with Iraqi leaders across the political spectrum as they forge the national unity necessary to succeed in the fight against ISIL." The US would also provide "and as required increase, assistance to the government of Iraq to help build Iraq's capacity to effectively and sustainably stop ISIL's efforts to wreak havoc in Iraq and the region," he added in a statement.

In January, Washington sold 24 Apache attack helicopters to Baghdad, as well as about 300 anti-tank Hellfire missiles and two of some 36 F-16 fighter aircraft, according to a Pentagon spokesman. Some of the arms have been delivered and others will soon be on their way. A request for a further $1 billion in aid, including provisions for around 200 Humvee vehicles and 24 AT-6C Texan II aircraft, is before Congress.

The last US troops left Iraq in December 2011, eight years after ousting Saddam Hussein following the invasion ordered by then president George W. Bush. Since then, Washington has provided training to Iraq's military for counterterrorism missions, including in Jordan since early 2014.

US Vice President Joe Biden meanwhile called for the "safe and immediate" return of 49 Turkish citizens kidnapped from a consulate in Mosul. During a call with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Biden said "the United States is prepared to support Turkey's efforts to bring about the safe return of its citizens."

US officials also said they would try to help an estimated 500,000 people displaced from Mosul.

Amid reports that the Iraqi army had simply fled the city in face of the offensive, security expert Bruce Riedel told AFP "there's plenty of room for finger-pointing for the debacle in Iraq." He pointed to "the disastrous decision to start the war in 2003."

The Pentagon needed to review the difficulties facing the Iraqi military, the Brookings Institution senior fellow said. "If it's a problem that the Iraqi military is broken at its core, then there's no point in sending more Humvees and Apaches," Riedel added. "It's a point of how do we minimize our losses and live with what might be rapidly be developing as a de-facto partition of Iraq between a Sunni extremist state and a Shiite state."

================================================== ========

So there is some hint here of a Sunni v Shiite battle as DGX suggested, but I am not convinced that is germane yet. The names are interesting, first referred to as ISIS, now ISIL. Same idea I suppose.

Also, Susan Rice has provewn herself repeatedly to be a lying moronic mouthpiece. I don't trust a word she says.

So if the Iraqi Army is fundamentally broken, who's fault is that?

RBP
06-12-2014, 04:02 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27797667

RBP
06-12-2014, 04:07 AM
So basically we had the chance to kill this in Syria. Fuck. Double fuck.

RBP
06-12-2014, 04:11 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27806792

Jesus.

RBP
06-12-2014, 05:07 AM
I am taking this way too hard. Nothing is right, nothing is as it seems.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2014, 11:05 AM

It's up 20 cents/gallon here overnight

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2014, 11:12 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/RBy63jc.jpg

Al Qaeda-inspired militants in Iraq vowed Thursday to march against Baghdad after seizing two key cities in the north of the country this week.

A spokesman for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) said in audio posted on militant websites commonly used by the group that the fighters have old scores to settle with Iraq's Shiite-led government.

The spokesman, Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, also threatened that Sunni ISIL fighters would capture the southern Iraqi Shiite cities of Karbala and Najaf, which hold two of the holiest shrines for Shiite Muslims.

Al-Adnani also said that one of his group's top military commanders, Adnan Ismail Najm, better known as Abu Abdul-Rahman al-Bilawi al-Anbari, was killed in the recent battles in Iraq.

Al-Adnani said Najm worked closely with the former leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, Jordanian-born Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed by U.S. troops in 2006. Najm was later detained and spent years in prison before he was set free two years ago and prepared and commanded the operations that led to the latest incursions by the group in northern and central Iraq.

The Washington Post reported that militants had reached the city of Samarra, approximately 80 miles north of the Iraqi capital, by nightfall Wednesday. On Thursday, militants attacked an Iraqi security checkpoint in the town of Tarmiyah, 31 miles north of Baghdad, killing five troops and wounding nine, officials told the Associated Press.

Meanwhile, members of Iraq's parliament were expected to vote Thursday on a request by embattled Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to declare a state of emergency. If lawmakers approve, the prime minister would be granted wider powers in running the country. Legal experts say those could include powers to impose curfews, restrict public movements and censor the media.

The Iraq prime minister has reportedly appealed for a military response from the Obama administration, but the New York Times reported that the White House has so far rebuffed al-Maliki's requests. The Times reports that the White House has been reluctant to reengage in Iraq since withdrawing the last U.S. forces from the country in 2011.

Militants took Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit on Wednesday, as soldiers and security forces abandoned their posts and yielded ground once controlled by U.S. forces.

Only a day earlier, they seized control of much of Iraq's second-largest city, Mosul, sending an estimated half a million people fleeing from their homes. As in Tikrit, the Sunni militants were able to move in after police and military forces melted away following relatively brief clashes.

The Iraqi military also abandoned some posts in the ethnically mixed flashpoint city of Kirkuk that are now being held by the Kurdish security forces known as peshmerga, Brig. Halogard Hikmat, a senior peshmerga official told the Associated Press.

He said the Kurds moved Thursday to protect an air base and other sites, but denied reports that the whole city was under peshmerga control.

"We decided to move on and control the air base and some positions near it because we do not want these places with the weapons inside them to fall into the hands of the insurgents," said Hikmat. Iraqi government officials could not be reached to confirm the account.

ISIL, which has seized wide swaths of territory, aims to create an Islamic emirate spanning both sides of the Iraq-Syria border.

The capture of Mosul -- along with the fall of Tikrit and the militants' earlier seizure of the city of Fallujah and parts of Ramadi, the capital of western Anbar province -- have undone hard-fought gains against insurgents in the years following the 2003 invasion by U.S.-led forces.

There were no reliable estimates of casualties or the number of insurgents involved, though several hundred gunmen were in Tikrit and more were fighting on the outskirts, said Mizhar Fleih, the deputy head of the Samarra municipal council. An even larger number of militants likely would have been needed to secure Mosul, a much bigger city.

The militants gained entry to the Turkish consulate in Mosul and held captive 48 people, including diplomats, police, consulate employees and three children, according to an official in the office of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Turkish officials believe the hostages are safe, the source said Wednesday, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment to reporters on the sensitive issue.

The White House said in a statement that Vice President Joe Biden spoke with Erdogan and called for the safe and immediate return of the Turkish personnel and family members. Turkish state-run Anadolu Agency reported that Erdogan convened an emergency Cabinet meeting.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon strongly condemned the abductions and the seizure of Iraqi territory by the militants, urging "the international community to unite in showing solidarity with Iraq as it confronts this serious security challenge."

"Terrorism must not be allowed to succeed in undoing the path towards democracy in Iraq," Ban said.

Mosul, the capital of Ninevah province, and the neighboring Sunni-dominated province of Anbar share a long and porous border with Syria, where the Islamic State is also active.

Mosul's fall was a heavy defeat for al-Maliki. His Shiite-dominated political bloc came first in April 30 parliamentary elections -- the first since the U.S. military withdrawal in 2011 -- but failed to gain a majority, forcing him to try to build a governing coalition.

Without assigning direct blame, al-Maliki said a "conspiracy" led to the massive security failure that allowed militants to capture Mosul, and warned that members of the security forces who fled rather than stand up to the militants should be punished.

"We are working to solve the situation," al-Maliki said. "We are regrouping the armed forces that are in charge of clearing Ninevah from those terrorists."

Iranian airlines cancelled all flights between Tehran and Baghdad due to security concerns, and the Islamic Republic has intensified security measures along its borders, Iran's official IRNA news agency reported.

Shiite powerhouse Iran has strong ties with Iraq's government. Some 17,000 Iranian pilgrims are in Iraq at any given time, the agency quoted Saeed Ohadi, the director of Iran's Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization, as saying.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest warned that the instability was rapidly becoming a humanitarian issue requiring a coordinated response by Iraq's leaders to halt ISIL's advance and wrest territory away from insurgents.

Earnest told reporters traveling with Obama that ISIL poses a "different kind of threat" to American interests than core Al Qaeda, which had repeatedly and publicly vowed to attack U.S. soil. Still, he said the U.S. was watching the threat from ISIL "very carefully" because the group has proven itself to be violent and willing to consider attacking U.S. interests and American allies.

Tikrit residents said the militant group overran several police stations in the Sunni-dominated city. Two Iraqi security officials confirmed that the city, 80 miles north of Baghdad and the capital of Salahuddin province, was under ISIL's control and that the provincial governor was missing.

The major oil refinery in Beiji, located between Mosul and Tikrit, remained in government control, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to talk to reporters. There were clashes and gunmen tried to take the town but were repelled in a rare success for Iraqi government forces protecting an important facility, the officials said.

In addition to being Saddam's hometown, Tikrit was a power base of his once-powerful Baath Party. The former dictator was captured by U.S. forces while hiding in a hole in the area and he is buried south of town in a tomb draped with the Saddam-era Iraqi flag.

The International Organization for Migration estimated that 500,000 people fled the Mosul area, with some seeking safety in the Ninevah countryside or the nearby semiautonomous Kurdish region. Getting into the latter has grown trickier, however, with migrants without family members already in the enclave needing to secure permission from Kurdish authorities, according to the IOM.

Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said Mosul's fall must bring the country's leaders together to deal with the "serious, mortal threat" facing Iraq.

"We can push back on the terrorists ... and there would be a closer cooperation between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government to work together and try to flush out these foreign fighters," he said on the sidelines of a diplomatic meeting in Athens.

Mosul residents said gunmen went around knocking on doors there Wednesday, reassuring people they would not be harmed. The situation appeared calm but tense, they said.

RBP
06-12-2014, 11:24 AM
:|

FBD
06-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Thats part of it, but we have people in power in bed with these idiots since back in the 70'sPeople seem to miss out on the grand fuckery that was the establishing of OPEC and the ending of bretton woods.

Is that your take... we dismantled the army and left too quickly? Perhaps both contributed...

I just can't get my head around how, after all those years in development, throwing unfathomable dollars into training and arming the security forces, that they simply quit? Walked away? Didn't fight? Lacked resources, equipment and food?

Seriously, how the fuck did this happen? And from what I can tell, this was done with a small force and small arms. It wasn't like some highly organize army, and yet they basically ran rampant until they got within 2 hours of Baghdad. If my rough calculations are anywhere close, they took over almost 200 miles of territory and 2 major cities.

Again, how in the fuck??

And does anyone think the US can avoid an immediate military response?
Basically that dismantling the army made exiting a thousand times more complicated.

They simply quit. Yeah, the americans come in and do everything...these guys never had the stomach for any of this to begin with. I think a great many of the would take Saddam back in a heartbeat over having AQ running all over.

I also realize a story got cooked up to go in there...so that's why I point out facts and the REAL reason why we went in there - to make sure that fkn oil in the ground gets sold on the petrodollar market and not sold for gold or anything else, because that's part of how the federal reserve maintains its thumb and forefinger on the jugular of the world.

Unfortunately, the federal reserve is moving beyond the simple concept of having one country take over the world, and since some people are getting snippy with the amount of control exerted, why, there's your fkn latest wars, there's your latest false flags.

And I use federal reserve interchangeably with the fucks that own it, the societies they have set up to manage it, the international sovereignty-eating bodies that want to skim from the top of one big pile instead of skimming from the top of a bunch of piles.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2014, 01:23 PM
This is bad. Really bad. And I want to understand it.
http://benswann.com/iraqi-insurgents-capture-mosul-may-have-seized-us-donated-weapons/

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Iraq has requested US air strikes on the militants. The White House has turned them down.

Acid Trip
06-12-2014, 01:38 PM

No.

Acid Trip
06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
RBP,

It's always been s Sunni vs Shi'ite thing. One faction gets power and screws the other over.

We threw out Saddam who was a Sunni. We put a Shi'ite in power. The person we put in power totally fucked all Sunni's and locked them out of government. It's a never ending vicious cycle.

They make Democrats and Republicans look like best friends.

FBD
06-12-2014, 02:16 PM
They make Democrats and Republicans look like they're controlled by the same group at the very top. Coincidence?

ftfy :D

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Boehner was just talking about this issue. He's urging the President to take action.

FBD
06-12-2014, 03:57 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14210681170_b2f059472d_b.jpg

Lambchop
06-12-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't believe the Quran means that except to those who pervert it.

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah ((tax)) willingly while they are humbled

http://quran.com/9/29

I used to defend Muslims on AnotherSite but then I read their book.

Muddy
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah ((tax)) willingly while they are humbled

I've sen a documentary on their shit as well.. It's no joke.. These are not our friends..

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I've sen a documentary on their shit as well.. It's no joke.. These are not our friends..

http://i.imgur.com/WMdRwNb.jpg

FBD
06-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I guess look at the bright side, in this particular instance, the arming of both sides of a war they can say we didnt intend for these weapons to fall into these hands...

unlike syria and everywhere else they were arming both sides of conflict

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 10:26 PM

Don't want this to turn into a Q'uran/Muslim argument but not all Muslims interpret the book the same way. Much like Westboro Baptists compared to a Christian like me...

Older guy here is an Ismaili Muslim and they believe in peace above all other things. Yes they believe in the five pillars but the broadly worded threats are not followed when encountering or interacting with others outside the Muslim faith.

To paint all Muslims with the same brush is not accurate based on the Q'uran, again it's similar to fire and brimstone Christians vs normal Christians.I have a close friend outside of work that's Muslim and she says most of her relatives and friends are embarrassed when they hear about militant Muslims. I went to her place, had dinner with her folks and they had no problem with my presence or my beliefs...in fact they liked me :lol: And they are what you'd call old skule Muslim followers (something like 4 generations).

It is a religion of peace, but like our Bible, certain groups of men interpret it to be violent retribution rather than really seeing the symbology. I could quote at least 5 passages from the Bible that speak of smiting with staffs and casting out disbelievers, but the gist is not about the act, it's about leaving that stuff to a higher power and loving your fellow man.

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 10:43 PM
more to the point and for thread content...any religious faction that steals and uses funding for killing others, is not really a religious faction at all.

Militant Muslims talk about 'cleansing the world', and they'll bastardize their holy book 1000 different ways to attain this goal...all in the name of....what? Bigotry comes to mind whenever I hear that reasoning. It sickens me when Christians use the Bible to further their agenda and in the process hurt other people. It's the same type of bigotry as these Muslims.

I get scared when I see any religion forgoing their teachings and beliefs...'for the greater good'. You can't have it both ways. And the scariest thing about these fucknads is the millions in funding they receive to perpetrate their cause. We need to find a real world way to stop or sabotage the economic advantage they're getting.

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 10:46 PM
economic terrorism...has a nice ring :)

that's when we stem the money flow to the Jihadist Sadists and use any means possible to screw over their financing :thumbsup:

steal it, burn it, use cyber tools to drain the accounts...whatever it takes to pull the rug out from under them so to speak...

Lambchop
06-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Don't want this to turn into a Q'uran/Muslim argument but not all Muslims interpret the book the same way. Much like Westboro Baptists compared to a Christian like me...

Older guy here is an Ismaili Muslim and they believe in peace above all other things. Yes they believe in the five pillars but the broadly worded threats are not followed when encountering or interacting with others outside the Muslim faith.

To paint all Muslims with the same brush is not accurate based on the Q'uran, again it's similar to fire and brimstone Christians vs normal Christians.I have a close friend outside of work that's Muslim and she says most of her relatives and friends are embarrassed when they hear about militant Muslims. I went to her place, had dinner with her folks and they had no problem with my presence or my beliefs...in fact they liked me :lol: And they are what you'd call old skule Muslim followers (something like 4 generations).

It is a religion of peace, but like our Bible, certain groups of men interpret it to be violent retribution rather than really seeing the symbology. I could quote at least 5 passages from the Bible that speak of smiting with staffs and casting out disbelievers, but the gist is not about the act, it's about leaving that stuff to a higher power and loving your fellow man.
As you are a Christian and I love you, I'll give you this one from the Quran:

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

When a Muslim brings forward this information as the unfiltered word of God, what can you or I say to show this to be wrong as lowly men?

I do agree with you in part. Liberally religious people pose no harm, i.e: those who favour reason over the inhumane acts supposedly promoted by God.

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 11:14 PM
again..its kind of a user based thing....most Muslims believe in Allah and The Messenger...but they diverge radically from there. Example would be Ramadamading dong. A person can be a devout Muslim but not follow the fasting rules to the letter (no food or water while the sun is up for 40 days, no bad thoughts, no sex, no harsh words...)

From what I've been told, taking passages verbatim from the Q'uran is just like taking passages verbatim from the Bible. In the quote above the last phrase says 'surely Allah does not guide the unjust people'. That could simply mean - they are not followers of the Muslim faith, therefore Allah has no truck or power over them.

The unjust thing is bigotry plain and simple :lol: Christian writings are very similar in tone....follow not these false prophets etc etc..

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 11:18 PM
It does go back to the tread title and some of my meanderings...you remove the funding and all you have is a bunch of mad fckers with a limited ability to get weapons or move about the world on their terror train...ya they'll still find a bargain basement method to cause shit, but it won't be on the scale of inserting moles in other countries and setting off multiple bombs on large targets....these guys gotta work and make a living while they're planning their nefarious deeds, and we need to throw a spanner into the works any way we can

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
btw I'm the worst Christian on the planet. I went to church 3 weeks ago and almost burst into flame crossing the threshold

RBP
06-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Obama was asked for air strike support months ago and never even responded. Now he's "mulling over the options" and considering military support. Great leadership as always.

Meanwhile is realityville....

Iran is coming to Iraq's aid...

Lambchop
06-12-2014, 11:57 PM
btw I'm the worst Christian on the planet. I went to church 3 weeks ago and almost burst into flame crossing the threshold
I fear that the sins I have carried out in my personal life would taint you with evil just for speaking with me.

DemonGeminiX
06-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Obama was asked for air strike support months ago and never even responded. Now he's "mulling over the options" and considering military support. Great leadership as always.

Meanwhile is realityville....

Iran is coming to Iraq's aid...

Oh Christ...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2014, 01:55 AM

Then why do you feel the need to keep the association? I wonder about people that are in your same boat. is it because that's how you were raised so you don't question it. Or if you do believe, why are you fine being so bad at it, why not just move on?

Griffin
06-13-2014, 02:34 AM
You don't move on from a fundamental belief, but there is the level of personal obligation a person chooses to invest in their belief.
For me attending an organized religious sect has no bearing on my belief in creationism or that a man named Jesus walks amongst us.

FBD
06-13-2014, 12:18 PM
that's kinda how I see it, but I keep the fundamentals and discard everything else, label included. core teachings of jesus. but do I call myself catholic, christian, whatever? fuck no. I follow the core teachings of the buddha also, but do I call myself buddhist? nooooooooope. I'm just some fuggin guy :dance: I dont even really label my music much less give names to my beliefs....some stuff just goes beyond physical description.

Hal-9000
06-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Then why do you feel the need to keep the association? I wonder about people that are in your same boat. is it because that's how you were raised so you don't question it. Or if you do believe, why are you fine being so bad at it, why not just move on?

it was a joke...and no Christian is perfect :lol: Part of the idea is to try to improve. If you're perfect you're God-like and that ain't happening to anyone on Earth anytime soon.

I have a few qualities that I don't display here or give voice to..

Hal-9000
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM

oh and I wasn't raised Christian or anything else...folks left that decision up to us kids. I was an Atheist until I was 36, then a change occurred...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Great responses

Hal-9000
06-13-2014, 07:34 PM
so we're aware of this Jihadi cash....how we gonna get our hands on it :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2014, 07:43 PM
We let them have it, how else will they fund the project

Hal-9000
06-13-2014, 07:44 PM
:x

*utters Christian curse involving generations of Porky's family and some goats*

Durka durka durka!!!

Lambchop
06-13-2014, 08:50 PM
I probably can't post a link to the hour long video the terrorists have posted? (drive-by shootings, etc.)

Godfather
06-14-2014, 06:15 AM
There is something hilarious about Iran sending elite fighting units (Quds Fore no less - probably the most bad-ass unit from the Middle-East) to help Iraq fight the ISIS... placing them on the same side as the US :lol: This shit in the middle east is always so confusing and ever-changing.

Goofy
06-14-2014, 07:52 AM
There is something hilarious about Iran sending elite fighting units (Quds Fore no less - probably the most bad-ass unit from the Middle-East) to help Iraq fight the ISIS... placing them on the same side as the US :lol: This shit in the middle east is always so confusing and ever-changing.

It's normally pretty simple -

1). Who controls the oil
2). Who wants the oil

:)

FBD
06-14-2014, 02:30 PM

yeah, kinds like the matrix employing neo to get rid of smith

they LET this happen we had drones all over and fuggin WATCHED it. like we didnt know they were preparing, like they didnt know the extent of NOT CONTROL there was? give me a break :hand:

RBP
06-14-2014, 02:43 PM
they LET this happen we had drones all over and fuggin WATCHED it. like we didnt know they were preparing, like they didnt know the extent of NOT CONTROL there was? give me a break :hand:

If by "they" you mean the US military and administration, I completely agree. Not only did we know, but the Iraqi's had asked for assistance and the administration didn't respond. Didn't say anything in response to the request for help??

And now they are mulling it over? :wtf:

The latest I read was 200 US contractors surrounded at an air force base. We refused air support to get them out and let them fend for themselves??? What in the fuck are we doing!

Lambchop
06-15-2014, 04:15 AM
CNN report from last month. Still quite disturbing but sheds light on what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iocmi_Inks

RBP
06-15-2014, 05:14 AM
CNN report from last month. Still quite disturbing but sheds light on what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iocmi_Inks
and illustrates that everyone knew and did nothing.

FBD
06-15-2014, 05:02 PM
there is so much of this coming from the government that it is statistically impossible for it to be simple stupidity.

Godfather
06-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Hah... Syria bombed an ISIS base in coordination with Iraq today.

So the Syrian government (which the US is working to overthrow) is now cooperating with the Iraqi government (which the US installed) to fight the Jihadists (which the US opposes)?

Meanwhile, Iran (which the US opposes) has offered to help Iraq (its former arch-enemy) AND the US (its current enemy) and Syria (its ally) in suppressing the the Jihadists (which the US opposes in Iraq)??

What a clusterfuck.

FBD
06-16-2014, 12:02 PM
usually when someone plays both sides of a war they try to at least keep it hush hush

Godfather
06-17-2014, 01:34 AM
usually when someone plays both sides of a war they try to at least keep it hush hush

Those folks generally have some kind of strategy and goals though...

Muddy
06-17-2014, 02:30 AM

All your base are belong to us.

FBD
06-17-2014, 12:52 PM

you think letting this happen isnt part of strategy and goals? ;)