PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson: Don’t ‘get your father busted’ if he threatens mom with a gun

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2014, 11:36 AM
By David Edwards - The Raw Story

http://i.imgur.com/zfwkpVw.jpg

Televangelist Pat Robertson on Wednesday advised children whose mother was being threatened with a gun by the family’s father not go to the police.

“Whenever my parents fight, my dad threatens my mom with his gun,” a viewer told Robertson in an email. “Fortunately, this now means nothing to my mom, and she never goes nuts about it; she is very calm.”

“But as a child, I get nervous and worried when this happens,” the viewer’s note continued. “Even my younger brother saw this incident. What should we do about it and him?”

“Well, again, you don’t want to get your father busted, but you could,” Robertson explained. “You ought to go to your mother and say, ‘Mom, this thing is scaring me, and I ask you please to get my father to have some help.’”

“This kind of rage — I mean, one day he’s going to pull the trigger,” the TV preacher warned. “It doesn’t take too much if you’ve got a loaded weapon and you’re brandishing it around, ‘I’m going to kill you.’ And the next thing you know, the thing goes off. It may be accidentally, but the mother will end up dead.”

Robertson told the child that something had to be done about the father.

“But you’re a kid, what do you do? You know?” he said. “Your mother ought to take care of that.”

Hal-9000
06-12-2014, 11:31 PM
:facepalm:

ya Ma will take care of it....she'll get mad, pull out her new gun and then there will be holes in two people.. and the sofa (and the TV)

Noilly Pratt
06-13-2014, 03:12 AM
That he has a kid asking him for advice is sad...the advice is even sadder. Hope he asks someone else who will actually protect him, or offer him proper advice.