PDA

View Full Version : Ex-employees of Johnny Utah's suing over 'hyper-sexualized work environment'

Teh One Who Knocks
06-18-2014, 11:29 AM
BY Dareh Gregorian - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/qIvyK4gl.jpg

Whoa there!

A Wild West-themed bar in Midtown forces female employees to wear skimpy outfits, do shots with customers and make out with each other atop a notoriously dangerous mechanical bull, a bombshell lawsuit says.

In papers filed in Manhattan federal court, several former bartenders and "Daisy Duke" girls at Johnny Utah's say they were degraded on a daily basis and on special occasions like Thanksgiving, when they were required to wrestle with each other in a toddler pool filled with cranberry sauce.

The party bar is "a hyper-sexualized work environment that increases the defendants profits by exploiting, degrading and humiliating its female employees," the suit says.

"Female servers and bartenders are required to wear sexually provocative clothing, including cut-off denim shorts, cut-off shirts, cowboy boots and excessive makeup," and ordered to look sexy and "available," the suit says. They are also instructed not to wear wedding or engagement rings.

Employees also expected to sit on male customers laps, get them to buy them shots, and "dance on top of the bar in front of customers and pour shots of alcohol into customers' mouths," the suit says.

Bosses also "urge the female employees to take off their shirts when they ride the mechanical bull and kiss other female employees when they ride the bull together," says the suit, which was filed on behalf of six former employees.

http://i.imgur.com/4118QQRl.jpg

"During the ride, the Johnny Utah's DJ periodically stops the music and announces over the microphone that if the female employees who are riding the bull 'make out' with each other, there will be a free round of shots of alcohol for all customers. The customers yell and scream for the female employees to kiss one another" and they are "expected to submit to the degradation," the suit says.

The women are routinely "subjected to pervasive and regular unwelcome sexual comments" and groping by male customers — and if they complain, they're not "team players."

They're also forced to do shots with the W. 51st St. bar's manager and his pals, the suit says.

"Managers frequently remind the female servers that they are expendable and tell them that '20 other women' are willing to take their job," the filing says.

They are called ugly or stupid by the male managers if they're not "throwing the party" or looking "attractive enough," the suit says.

The suit says bartenders and waitresses shouldn't be forced into titillating customers.

"Johnny Utah's is in business of selling food and alcohol to the public, not providing adult entertainment to heterosexual men," the suit says.

The restaurant and bar, which is owned by John Sullivan, owner of McFadden's and Calico Jack's, had been best known for its mechanical bull, which has spawned several personal injury lawsuits over the years.

"That's the least of its problems," said the workers' lawyer, Jeanne Christensen.

The bar did not return a call for comment.

The class action lawsuit seeks unspecified money damages for female employees past and present.

Goofy
06-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Hell no, H2O!

FBD
06-18-2014, 01:08 PM
-do the girls know this when they seek employment there?
-are they "extra well compensated" for it?
if so, then :hand:

I could see if its some sort of secret, but this to me sounds like you might as well have had a girl who never heard of a strip club go work at one. whereas in real life, girls know what strip clubs are, and if they take that step of applying for a job there, they pretty much know what they are getting themselves into.

not that I condone the degradation of women, of course

Hal-9000
06-18-2014, 06:46 PM
"..they were required to wrestle with each other in a toddler pool filled with cranberry sauce."

:hand: women always be bitching about something at work..

DemonGeminiX
06-18-2014, 07:04 PM
not that I condone the degradation of women, of course

It's good for them. Builds character.

:thumbsup:

KevinD
06-18-2014, 07:17 PM
pics and vids of said girls needed stat!

PorkChopSandwiches
06-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Yeah, these sluts new what the job entailed when they signed up. Thats like a hooker getting mad when you empty your condom in her hair, its party of the job honey

Muddy
06-18-2014, 08:39 PM
That sounds like a fun place! :dance:

RBP
06-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Yeah, these sluts new what the job entailed when they signed up. Thats like a hooker getting mad when you empty your condom in her hair, its party of the job honey

:rofl:

RBP
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
"Johnny Utah's is in business of selling food and alcohol to the public, not providing adult entertainment to heterosexual men,"

:bullshit:

That is EXACTLY the business they are in. If anyone's being exploited it's the men who doles out huge sums of cash for overpriced shots and a cocktease.

Muddy
06-19-2014, 12:59 AM
:bullshit:

That is EXACTLY the business they are in. If anyone's being exploited it's the men who doles out huge sums of cash for overpriced shots and a cocktease.

I love you. But you are really irritatimg with your continual man victim crap..

DemonGeminiX
06-19-2014, 01:09 AM
He's right. These women knew what they were getting into. They chose to work here. Nobody put a gun to their head and forced them to do what the job required. If they didn't like the job environment, they should've quit and gone back to working at the local fast food joint.

Muddy
06-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Oh i agree the women knew. Its the part about the men being the real victims with over priced blah blah.. Give me a break.

RBP
06-19-2014, 01:32 AM
I love you. But you are really irritatimg with your continual man victim crap..

But you're willing to accept the continual female victim crap? #getaclue

RBP
06-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Oh i agree the women knew. Its the part about the men being the real victims with over priced blah blah.. Give me a break.

It's called making a point.

Muddy
06-19-2014, 01:36 AM
But you're willing to accept the continual female victim crap? #getaclue

Listen treating women with a little respect is not much to ask with all the cock sucking we do with every other minority group in the US right now.

DemonGeminiX
06-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Listen treating women with a little respect is not much to ask with all the cock sucking we do with every other minority group in the US right now.

If women deserve to be treated with respect, then I'll give it to them. These fools and everybody like them? Absolutely not.

RBP
06-19-2014, 01:48 AM

Wow. So I suggest that perhaps.. just perhaps... that in an environment designed for the sole purpose of using female sexuality to extract cash from men, we should be respectful and open up our wallets willingly... out of respect.

I know what I am walking into in a strip club. I am not naive.

This has NOTHING to do with your personal relationships with the women in your life.