PDA

View Full Version : Texas man claims he was told to remove American flag over 'threat' toward Muslims

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2014, 11:06 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/eCP83pJ.jpg

A Texas man is standing defiant after he claims he was told he had to remove an American flag from his balcony because it was a “threat towards the Muslim community.”

Duy Tran told KHOU that the American flag means a lot to him, so he decided to hang one from his balcony after moving into a new apartment in Webster, Texas.

However, he said that soon after he hung the flag, he was told by his apartment complex manager he had to remove it.

"What really stunned me is that she said it’s a threat towards the Muslim community,” Tran told the station. “I’m not a threat toward nobody."

In a statement to KHOU, the manager for Tran’s apartment complex, the Lodge at El Dorado, said she appreciates residents’ patriotism but displays must conform to community guidelines.

“Such guidelines maintain the aesthetics of our apartment community and provide for the safety of all residents,” the statement said. “The apartment community already proudly displays our country's flag in a safe and appropriate manner at the entrances to our community.”

Tran told KHOU he has no plans to remove his flag. He said he has friends who died for our country, and he feels flying a flag is the least he can do.

"I’m gonna leave my flag there, as an American, until she shows me proof that I don’t have the right to leave my flag there," he said.

Hal-9000
06-20-2014, 07:27 PM
omg...

you can't fly the flag of the country you live in??????????????

:x

Fodster
06-21-2014, 01:07 AM
:huh:

DemonGeminiX
06-21-2014, 01:13 AM
If the Muslim community don't like that, tell them to go back to the Middle Fucking East.

Hugh_Janus
06-22-2014, 08:47 AM
If the Muslim community don't like that, tell them to go back to the Middle Fucking East.

if he doesnt like the rules of the complex he should find somewhere else to live

RBP
06-22-2014, 02:39 PM
if he doesnt like the rules of the complex he should find somewhere else to live

:-k

An Act to ensure that the right of an individual to display the flag of the United States
on residential property not be abridged.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Freedom to Display the American
Flag Act of 2005’’.

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.
A condominium association, cooperative association, or residen-
tial real estate management association may not adopt or enforce
any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or
prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of
the United States on residential property within the association
with respect to which such member has a separate ownership
interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

:usa:

DemonGeminiX
06-22-2014, 09:39 PM

Read the law RBP quoted above. The "complex" broke the law by asking him to remove and any HOA that drafts rules forbidding the display of the flag is committing a crime in violating a resident's right to display the flag.

Acid Trip
06-23-2014, 05:00 PM

:-k

An Act to ensure that the right of an individual to display the flag of the United States
on residential property not be abridged.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Freedom to Display the American
Flag Act of 2005’’.

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.
A condominium association, cooperative association, or residen-
tial real estate management association may not adopt or enforce
any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or
prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of
the United States on residential property within the association
with respect to which such member has a separate ownership
interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

:usa:

:tup:

Hal-9000
06-23-2014, 05:00 PM
:canada:

Hugh_Janus
06-23-2014, 05:52 PM
:gay:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-23-2014, 08:28 PM
:wtf:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2014, 10:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QQ1qnB3.jpg

Lambchop
06-24-2014, 01:26 AM
The ultimate goal of Islam is world domination. I'm not kidding, check out the historical invasions and match them to what is written in the book. It reads like instructions for a viral pandemic. Don't worry though, you guys have the atomic cure.

Sorry if this offends anyone (Halal-9000) but it's pretty clear imo.

Muddy
06-24-2014, 02:40 AM
The ultimate goal of Islam is world domination. I'm not kidding, check out the historical invasions and match them to what is written in the book. It reads like instructions for a viral pandemic. Don't worry though, you guys have the atomic cure.

Sorry if this offends anyone (Halal-9000) but it's pretty clear imo.

Its true.. They say 'It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, it may take 100 more years, but it will happen'