PDA

View Full Version : Couple Jailed for Handwritten License Plate, Say They’re Following God’s Law

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2014, 11:27 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/wgytklp.png

Dustin Rosondich and Xylie Eshleman have sat in a Madison County, Tenn., jail since May 13 because they used a handwritten license plate on their car, refused to sign a citation for the illegal plate and allegedly resisted arrest.

Their handwritten license plate reportedly read: “Non Resident 6-55-502. Privilege tax on nonresidents prohibited. Lienholder (my chattel).”

Rosondich and Eshleman, whose names could not be confirmed, claim they are simply following God’s law, which also includes not providing police with identification.

“What we did, is we did Expatriation Act of 1868," Eshleman recently told The Jackson Sun. "What we did is we took our citizenship and we got rid of it. We’re expatriated from the United States.”

However, the Expatriation Act of 1868 was written to allow foreign immigrants who moved to the United States to become U.S. citizens and renounce their citizenship of their former country. It was needed because some countries were not recognizing the U.S. citizenship of immigrants. Americans may renounce their citizenship under different laws when they leave the U.S.

“We have rights here now,” added Eshleman. “A citizen doesn’t really have rights. I’m sorry. That’s why we expatriated. Citizens don’t have rights. They’re subject to the jurisdiction thereof. It’s a fact. We weren’t trying to blow this out of the water. We have the right to expatriate and to claim our natural rights.”

Rosondich defined himself as an illegally oppressed non-citizen with "innate private rights."

When Rosondich and Eshleman were stopped for their handwritten license plate, they refused to sign the citation and locked their car doors and refused to let police officers in the car, which was resisting arrest, according to police.

Rosondich and Eshleman have bails set at $10,000 each, which they have not paid and are not planning to.

“The laws that these police officers are trying to uphold are laws that were coming after 1868 with the United States," claimed Eshleman. "If you think about it, the Constitution is upholding common law, and if you understand law, the laws in the Constitution are absolutely common law. Common law is God’s law. We were on a religious pilgrimage to uphold in our own life, to uphold common law.”

“I believe in God’s laws,” added Rosondich. “I believe God gave me the right to go from point A to point B if I choose to. I can go to the store and get some food. Why do I need to ask someone or be governed by someone to go get some food from the store to eat? God gave me a right. These are private, innate, religious rights.”

FBD
06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
:hand: sorry, technically illegals cant drive either

Hal-9000
06-20-2014, 05:08 PM
yes you can't expatriate yourself from the same country you started in :doh: