PDA

View Full Version : UK woman spends government-funded £10k student loan on plastic surgery

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2014, 11:15 AM
By Katy Winter and Lucy Osborne - The Daily Mail

A student loan would give most people the chance to broaden their horizons and improve their mind.

But one undergraduate decided she was more interested in altering her body – and chose to spend all £10,000 of her loan on rounds of cosmetic surgery.

Katerina Christodoulou, 21, was given an allowance by her family to cover her living expenses while she was taking her degree at the University of Essex.

http://i.imgur.com/cJ7rTq2.png

She also took out a student loan, hoping to save up the money for liposuction on her bottom, hips, thighs and knees.

Christodoulou was taking her last set of English Literature exams when her final loan payment came through in April 2013.

This left her with enough money to fund the liposuction, and her boyfriend at the time offered to cover the cost of a breast enlargement. The graduate, who ended up earning a 2:1 in her degree, said: ‘I know that some people might be quite surprised to hear that I spent my student loan on my body, but it was worth it for how I feel now.

‘I could have spent my loan on my studies but I was lucky enough to have a supportive family who helped pay for my books and social life.

‘This allowed me to save my money. My parents gave me their blessing and were really supportive whilst I saved up.’

http://i.imgur.com/SfwTgJF.png

Christodoulou, from Loughborough in Leicestershire, went on to ditch her chance to earn a lucrative contract at a law firm in order to pursue a career in modelling.

She is about to have another round of surgery – this time on her nose. ‘I’m a hundred times more confident than before,’ she said, adding: ‘I did think about using the money to put a deposit down on a house but then I thought why not use the money to make myself happy now?

‘I hated my natural shape, so I had liposuction.

‘The fat just wouldn’t shift, so I knew I couldn’t get rid of the excess weight without surgery. And one of my boobs was a 32A and the other was a B. They were deformed and it made buying underwear and bikinis impossible. It really was a last resort.’ Explaining her decision to go under the knife again, she said: ‘My nose isn’t awful or anything but it could be better.’

However this time she said she would not be paying for the surgery with her student loan, adding: ‘I am going to get my nose job done on a finance plan as I haven’t managed to save up for it so far.’

A spokesman for MYA Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, which performed Christodoulou’s procedures, said: ‘We believe everyone deserves to have the body confidence that they desire.

‘Katerina is an excellent example of an intelligent women who wanted to improve her self-esteem.’

Lambchop
07-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Why do our surgeons keep giving young women Mr Garrison breasts?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/opz2hd.jpg

Think they need some work experience at a Beverly Hills clinic.

Goofy
07-02-2014, 12:01 PM
*sigh*

DemonGeminiX
07-02-2014, 12:31 PM
At least this one's attractive. The other one looks like a dog took a dump on her neck and some blind-folded Mexican kids were handed a stick and told it was a pinata.

FBD
07-02-2014, 03:20 PM
who fucking cares how attractive a fkn dole-abuser is, they abuse it, they should be in fkn jail. this dumb bitch should be behind bars for taking advantage of....well, no....outright fuckin breaking the terms of a student loan.

the state should demand IMMEDIATE REPAYMENT or bitch faces jail time.

what bitch? couldnt get a personal loan for liposuction? ever think there is a reason WHY? Because you will not ever be able to pay it back and creditors know this?

DemonGeminiX
07-02-2014, 03:22 PM
:hand:

If they're attractive, they're innocent.

FBD
07-02-2014, 03:28 PM
screw that, the citizenry should drag people like this into the center of town and publicly beat them

Hal-9000
07-02-2014, 03:30 PM
At least this one's attractive. The other one looks like a dog took a dump on her neck and some blind-folded Mexican kids were handed a stick and told it was a pinata.

:lol: don't hold back

FBD
07-02-2014, 03:39 PM
:lol: its true, the other one's mom was impregnated by the fuggin ugly stick...

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
:lol: its true, the other one's mom was impregnated by the fuggin ugly stick...

She looked like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down?

She looks like her face caught on fire and someone beat it out with a logging chain?

deebakes
07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
:wank:

DemonGeminiX
07-02-2014, 11:32 PM
screw that, the citizenry should drag people like this into the center of town and publicly beat them

:hand:

They should make her the Queen of England.

Hugh_Janus
07-02-2014, 11:38 PM
she does have to pay it back....

DemonGeminiX
07-02-2014, 11:42 PM
she does have to pay it back....

That's why I'm making fun of this whole thing. It was a loan, not a grant or a scholarship. It's not some freebie government handout that she's misusing or didn't deserve. It's a loan. And she never said she wasn't gonna pay it back.

When you take out a student loan here in the States, there's no where saying you HAVE to use it on education expenses. It just says you have to be a college student and you have to pay it back. You can use the money on anything you want. I'm assuming it's the same way in the UK. Ergo, nothing to see here. Move along.

FBD
07-03-2014, 11:21 AM
mmmhmm.....I'm sure the fine print says NOTHING about it...

DemonGeminiX
07-05-2014, 04:33 AM
No, it doesn't. It didn't when I was in college.